Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) Direct Sales Incentive

Which resort do people think the next flash sale will be? CCV?

I don't anticipate any flash sale for awhile, especially with VDH starting, and both FW cabins and Poly tower sales coming in 2024..but right now, there is something at SSR or OKW...don't know what it is...

I don't anticipate any flash sale for awhile, especially with VDH starting, and both FW cabins and Poly tower sales coming in 2024..but right now, there is something at SSR or OKW...don't know what it is...
They’re both pretty small. This is the OKW one but the SSR one is the same.IMG_0343.jpeg

I've got an couple of BofA "Cash Rewards" cards that let you select travel for 3% back and then I get a relationship bonus multiplier of 75% extra points for a total of 5.25%. I forgot though that it's capped... so I'll be using the Chase Sapphire for the remainder of the purchase.
I just finished my 200 AKL purchase. I think I ended up doing alright with it, but I feel I still left a lot on the table. In total, I opened two new Chase cards and one Capitol One card to maximize sign up bonuses. I also used my CSR for some of the remainder. The total charge was $34,341.01 (200 @$165 split into 100+50+50 contracts). I ended up getting 295k Chase UR and 83k Capitol One rewards between sign up bonuses, referral bonuses, and normal point accumulation. Using a value of 2 cents for UR and 1.85 cents for Capitol One, this is about $7435 in value. The cash value is obviously less (about $4517). The final piece is the Magical Beginnings getting $4,400 back for the 2022 points.

34,341.01- 4400 - 7435 = 22,506.01

This makes it about 112.53 per point when all is said and done.

My biggest dilemma now is taking a trip somewhere other than Disney to take advantage of all my points, lol

I just finished my 200 AKL purchase. I think I ended up doing alright with it, but I feel I still left a lot on the table. In total, I opened two new Chase cards and one Capitol One card to maximize sign up bonuses. I also used my CSR for some of the remainder. The total charge was $34,341.01 (200 @$165 split into 100+50+50 contracts). I ended up getting 295k Chase UR and 83k Capitol One rewards between sign up bonuses, referral bonuses, and normal point accumulation. Using a value of 2 cents for UR and 1.85 cents for Capitol One, this is about $7435 in value. The cash value is obviously less (about $4517). The final piece is the Magical Beginnings getting $4,400 back for the 2022 points.

My biggest dilemma now is taking a trip somewhere other than Disney to take advantage of all my points, lol
Incredible. Well done. Now my brain is trying to talk me into more VGF points direct.

Regarding the signup/referral bonuses for the 3 cards - wouldn't you have gotten those anyway without the DVC purchase if you had gotten the cards and met the spending goals? Not sure it's as incremental from the transaction as the actual point accumulation for the DVC spend.

Regarding the signup/referral bonuses for the 3 cards - wouldn't you have gotten those anyway without the DVC purchase if you had gotten the cards and met the spending goals? Not sure it's as incremental from the transaction as the actual point accumulation for the DVC spend.
I signed up for the cards specifically for the purchase. Why only get 1-3% back when you can utilize sign up bonuses to make it upwards of 21%? It’s not for everyone, but it’s been working well for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter