Animal Kingdom Villas Questions

So, right now, the only 1 bedroom value villas are units 46, 48 and 49? What are the chances of more 1 bdr. value villa units being open by January. I ask because when I called reservations for more info, I was told I had a parking lot/foliage view. That doesn't seem to be the case unless they are booking rooms they anticipate to be ready in January.
I believe that all of the Value villas are supposed to open on Dec 1st. The map shows what Disney is currently selling, but I believe work is proceeding on all of the Value villas in preparation for a Dec 1st opening.

Units 46, 48 and 49 each contain two 2BR lockoffs. A 2BR lockoff can be rented as a 2BR or can be broken up into a 1BR and a studio. I expect the area next to Unit 50 and the area across the hall from Unit 49 will also each contain two 2BR lockoffs. So by Dec 1st, there will be two 1BRs that face the parking lot.

As to MS telling you that you have a parking lot view, perhaps they tell that to everyone booking a Value villa so that people won't be upset if that is what they actually get. Better to have people pleasantly surprised if the view is better than expected rather than the other way around.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing when I talked to the reservations agent because from what I have read here on the boards specific room assignments/views in the villas are often a matter of luck and timing. I know I will not be disappointed no matter what. This is just a three night appetizer for our 7-night Western Carribbean cruise in January. We are arriving at WDW on a Wednesday afternoon, right after check-in so hopefully the room assignment fairies will throw their pixie dust upon us!

This is super helpful. Please continue to update your diagram as you get more information!

Oh, and whate are the smaller boxes? Like Unit 50? Studios?

Thanks,
Adrianna

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the grand villas and also how they compare to OKW.

Thank you for all of the information.
Brenda

hoping someone can answer my questions, we booked a one bedroom concierge for December:goodvibes. I know you either get a pool or savanah view room, are the rooms are along the lobby? Are these rooms just opening up in December or have they open up already? I see on the pamplet they gave me the front section of the lobby is set for construction til May 2008, is that where the concierge rooms are?

hoping someone can answer my questions, we booked a one bedroom concierge for December:goodvibes. I know you either get a pool or savanah view room, are the rooms are along the lobby? Are these rooms just opening up in December or have they open up already? I see on the pamplet they gave me the front section of the lobby is set for construction til May 2008, is that where the concierge rooms are?

The conceierge rooms line the sides of the lobby on the 6th floor. If you're facing the back of the lobby as you enter, the savanna club level rooms are on the left and the pool view rooms on the right.

The front of the 6th floor is the concierge lounge itself. The back is open to the glass facing Arusha Rock.

This is the AKV construction schedule map. I marked the locations of the Value villas (lime green), the Standard View villas (yellow), the Concierge villas (pink), and the GVs (orange blobs).

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Here is the latest drawing of the declared Units and an updated count. The Concierge Villas are located within Units 55 (3 2BR lockoffs, Sunset Savanna view) and 56 (2 2BR lockoffs, pool view). They are located directly above Units 54 and 53.

New Units (08/09/07):
51, 52, 53, 56: 2 2BR lockoffs
54, 55: 3 2BR lockoffs
NOTE: 55 and 56 are the Concierge units!

Previously declared Units:
23: 1 Grand Villa
24, 26: 3 dedicated studios
25, 27, 28, 29: 2 2BR lockoffs

30: 4 dedicated studios
31, 34: 1 Grand Villa
32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39: 2 2BR lockoffs

40: 2 2BR lockoffs
41, 41A: 3 dedicated studios
42, 43: 2 dedicated studios, 1 2BR lockoff
42A, 44, 44A, 45, 45A: 1 2BR lockoff

46, 48, 49: 2 2BR lockoffs
47, 50: 4 dedicated studios

Totals:
Dedicated Studios: 28
2 BR lockoffs: 51
GVs: 3

81115AKV_Units_090507_ByView.GIF

Thank you so much, for both your help, lisa and BCV23. It is very much appreciated.

Lisa, what does it mean when a given unit is declared? Is it open for members, being worked on, or just sold? Or something else? TIA.

Happy planning, Lalita. We'll be looking forward to your report about concierge.

I'll be sure to report back. I actually only have three night so far, and three nights in a savanah view room. Hoping to make it all concierge. I have called since Monday, and have been adding whatever is available. I been wanting to get it since Monday but there was nothing, imagine my suprise when I called today and there was one night avaiable, and than I called two more times:rotfl: and everytime there was another night avaiable. I thought there was little to no chance I would get a room since it only three months away. They actually check WLV for me as well and they had Dec 15-23 in a one bedroom, but no room on the 21st. Also available for the full week was SSR.

Lisa, what does it mean when a given unit is declared? Is it open for members, being worked on, or just sold? Or something else? TIA.
They declare them as they are ready to start selling them. I've been tracking the declared Units to monitor how quickly the resort is selling.

Thanks, Lisa. I wonder if the units have to be finished to declare them?

Love your maps BTW. Is there a way to print out a single post?

Love your maps BTW. Is there a way to print out a single post?

I could be wrong, but i think the map is an image that you can right click on and save. Try it!

No, for example I purchased points in Unit 35 back in Feb and the villas in that Unit didn't open until Sep 1st, 6 months after I purchased. The Concierge level Units were declared at the end of Aug/early Sep and they do not open for 3 more months. So I don't know how far along they have to be to start selling a particular Unit, but it appears they can do so at least 6 months in advance of those villas being finished.

So the concierge rooms don't open til December right? Sorry I have a few more questions. I know my guide said there were going to be cameras outside on the balcony, does that mean cameras even in the pool view and parking view? I know at AK there are no straws and lids, is that the same at the resort?

This is the AKV construction schedule map. I marked the locations of the Value villas (lime green), the Standard View villas (yellow), the Concierge villas (pink), and the GVs (orange blobs).

You are a wonder. Thank you so much :thumbsup2

So the concierge rooms don't open til December right? Sorry I have a few more questions. I know my guide said there were going to be cameras outside on the balcony, does that mean cameras even in the pool view and parking view? I know at AK there are no straws and lids, is that the same at the resort?

I believe they only have cameras on on the savannas so they can monitor the animals and see if guests are compliant to the guidelines about not feeding the animals. I doubt they have cameras on the pool & parking views, but I could be wrong.

Also, it seems logical to me that the "value" rooms will be in the Ostrich Trail & Giraffe Trail sections of the resort. Giraffe Trail rooms only have pool or parking lot views. On Ostrich Trail, one side does face the Sunset Savanna (which is closed because of the Kidini Village construction), but the other side has parking lot views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter