Animal Kingdom Villas Questions

I just hope that the Sunset Savanna is open next July. We have a value 1 br with a savanna request. It would just be my luck to have the request honored and have the savanna closed!

I was wondering if there's a laundry room for those in Jambo house who are staying in studios. And like the other DVC resorts is the laundry free for DVC guests? Or is this perhaps one of the advantages of Kidani (?) house over Jambo house-free laundry facilities.

I was wondering if there's a laundry room for those in Jambo house who are staying in studios. And like the other DVC resorts is the laundry free for DVC guests? Or is this perhaps one of the advantages of Kidani (?) house over Jambo house-free laundry facilities.
Yes there is a laundry room on the 5th floor just off the lobby on the Zebra trail. You need to use your room key to access the laundry room. I could see four dryers. I couldn't see the how many washers there were but given the amount of space they occupied, I would guess there were four washers as well.

Lisa S.
We have a lock off standard studio for April. Is this still going to be a pool view? Wheer are the lock offs?
Thanks
Heidi

I am not Lisa, but I believe that all standard view rooms in Jambo have the pool view. The only ones that can have parking lot in Jambo are the values.

I just hope that the Sunset Savanna is open next July. We have a value 1 br with a savanna request. It would just be my luck to have the request honored and have the savanna closed!

There are two other savannas, Arusha & Uzima, so don't fret too much. More than likely your request can be honored.

There are two other savannas, Arusha & Uzima, so don't fret too much. More than likely your request can be honored.
I think you missed the fact that AKV707 booked a Value villa. Since the Value villas face the parking lot, the pool and the Sunset Savanna, the only option for a savanna view is the Sunset Savanna. The same issue applies to the Concierge villas as well since they face the pool and the Sunset Savanna. So let's hope any closings of the Sunset Savanna are very brief!

Does anyone know where I can find floorplans of the the Jambo House villas, especially the 2-bedroom?

I have read through it several times but have not seen any links to floorplans.

Does anyone know where I can find floorplans of the the Jambo House villas, especially the 2-bedroom?
Here is a slightly blurry floor plan for two 2BR lockoffs. It's an interesting one because it shows some of the variations that occur because of the structural elements they had to work around during the conversion. As you can see, the master bath in one of the 2BR villas has just one sink whereas the master bathroom in the other 2BR villa has two sinks. In one 2BR the connecting door to the studio is near the entrance to the villa, in the other it is on the far side of the studio's kitchenette. These floor plans do not show furnishings. Based on photos posted by those who have stayed at AKV, the furnishings are similar to what is shown in the model rooms, but with the addition of a wardrobe in the master bedroom to make up for the lack of a closet in the master bathroom. The Jambo House villas have a combined tub and shower in the master bathroom (no separate shower stall) and they do not have the additional bathroom that the Kidani Village 1/2BRs will have near the entryway.

81115AKV_Unit_291.JPG

I was hoping to book a studio at the beginning of January 2008. Does anyone know if Jambo will be open at that time? Also, will there be construction going on around me? I don't want it to be noisy and dirty.
Do you know if there is maid service?
Thanks.

Anyone have any idea how hard it will be for me to get a savannah view studio for early/mid June at the 7th month window? We want one for 8 nights (followed by 3 nights at Vero)

We have wanted to stay at AKL since it opened but never did because it wasn't a great use of our points - until now.

We will be disappointed if I can't get it - but it isn't going to make or break our trip - just being there is a breath of fresh air for me.

Anyone have any idea how hard it will be for me to get a savannah view studio for early/mid June at the 7th month window? We want one for 8 nights (followed by 3 nights at Vero)

We have wanted to stay at AKL since it opened but never did because it wasn't a great use of our points - until now.

We will be disappointed if I can't get it - but it isn't going to make or break our trip - just being there is a breath of fresh air for me.
I know that I just booked a savannah view studio for May at the 7 month window, so hopefully June would be OK too.

I know that I just booked a savannah view studio for May at the 7 month window, so hopefully June would be OK too.

Great it would me so awesome if we are able to get it. I am glad you did. :)

I was able to get a studio at the 7 month window for spring break. I forgot to call the first two days so I was really 2 days past the window when I called.

Does anyone know what animals we will be able to see from our SV room? Does Disney or AKV have a listing somewhere? I would like to get my DS5familar with the animals he will see.

How many concierge 2 bedroom villas does AKV have?
Hard to say. Concierge consists of five 2BR lockoffs but it's not clear how many will be rented as a 2BR villa and how many will be locked off and rented as a 1BR and a studio. I can't recall any posts yet stating that someone has a reservation for a 2BR -- most seem to be 1BRs or studios. Maybe you should start a poll to see how many of us have concierge reservations for each villa size and that might help answer that question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter