Animal Kingdom Villas Questions

We have a 2 BR concierge villa reservation as well as a 1 BR for another trip.

We are going to try and book a 2 BR concierge villa for our trip next October.

regarding which animals are on the savannahs currently at the animal kingdom lodge/villas, i found this on another website:

What animals and birds might I see on the savannas?

The following animals may be found on at least one of the three Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannas:

Anikole Cattle, Bongo, Blesbok, Eland, Grant's Zebra, Greater Kudu, Impala, Reticulated Giraffe, Thomson's Gazelle, Waterbuck, and White-Bearded Wildebeest.

Abyssinian Ground Hornbill, Blue Crane, East African Crowned Crane, Greater Flamingo, Marabou Stork, Ostrich, Pink-Backed Pelican, and Ruppel's Griffon Vulture.

We are going to try and book a 2 BR concierge villa for our trip next October.
If I had to guess, I would say that the number of concierge 2BRs is either just one or maybe two. So the breakdown would be either

1 2BR, 4 1BRs, 4 Studios or 2 2BRs, 3 1BRs, 3 Studios

With so few rooms and such high demand, they won't have much flexibility.

If I had to guess, I would say that the number of concierge 2BRs is either just one or maybe two. So the breakdown would be either

1 2BR, 4 1BRs, 4 Studios or 2 2BRs, 3 1BRs, 3 Studios

With so few rooms and such high demand, they won't have much flexibility.

I figured I start with high and work my way down to a value 2br. I just need a 2br,that's the important part.

Hard to say. Concierge consists of five 2BR lockoffs but it's not clear how many will be rented as a 2BR villa and how many will be locked off and rented as a 1BR and a studio. I can't recall any posts yet stating that someone has a reservation for a 2BR -- most seem to be 1BRs or studios. Maybe you should start a poll to see how many of us have concierge reservations for each villa size and that might help answer that question.

We have a 2BR villa booked for next August at the concierge level for the last 5 days of our stay. We have a 2BR villa Savannah view for the first 5, we really wanted them in reverse, but they told us that there was only a studio at concierge for that time. I'm guessing that they are booking whatever configuration people ask for first.

Thanks LisaS for this great thread and all the helpful info. We just became DVC members and have booked two vacations for next year, May and Sept!!!
We have a dedicated savannah view studio in May and a two bedroom standard view for late Sept. Although as you can see I am new to the DIS, my family has been going to WDW since 1978. We have averaged a trip every two years but have recently increased our visits because our grandchildren are now 5 and 7 :banana: and they love Disney as much as their grandparents.

I had dinner at Boma on Oct 10th. I saw animals on the Sunset Savanna, and there were people staying in rooms on the lower floors facing that savanna so it is not closed. The 5th floor of the Kudu trail is closed off (the rooms on one side of that trail face the Sunset Savanna) so maybe that is what the OP meant?

You should give MS a call to ask about this. Currently only three of the six Jambo House GVs are open (the rest should be open by Jan 29, 2008) and not much has been posted about them. MS should know how many of them are/will be HA and how the rooms are set up.

I have no idea. They plan to have all of Jambo House open by Jan 29, 2008 but they don't publish a breakdown of the number of rooms expected to be available along the way.

Lisa, I took your advise and called MS today. Currently GV room # 5483 is fully wheelchair accessable. I was on hold for a little while so the MS rep could contact special service's and they checked it out for me. I might add that the MS rep was extremly nice and helpful. I believe it will be the only one at Jambo House. He did say Kidani Village would have several H/C GV. Susan

How good is the Savannah view? Do you see a lot of animals? Am a SSR home resort owner so I am trying to branch out. Thanks in advance.

How good is the Savannah view? Do you see a lot of animals? Am a SSR home resort owner so I am trying to branch out. Thanks in advance.

It is wonderful! We went in March and saw animals at all times of the day. DS1.5 sat on the balcony just watching them and trying to repeat any sounds he heard. We practically had to drag him back into the room at times. I cannot remember a time when we looked out and did not see something. I have heard they are not out as often in the extreme heat of summer though.

Do they separate your "home" by Jambo or Kidani? For example by buying in at the Kidani do I get priority over those that bought in at Jambo? That second bathroom is important to me, LOL. And if I can't get it and am using the same points as others then I might want to choose a different resort.

Or are those w/the 1 bathroom going to be considered "value"? What is the criteria difference?

Do they separate your "home" by Jambo or Kidani? For example by buying in at the Kidani do I get priority over those that bought in at Jambo? That second bathroom is important to me, LOL. And if I can't get it and am using the same points as others then I might want to choose a different resort.

Or are those w/the 1 bathroom going to be considered "value"? What is the criteria difference?
As Mike said, whether your points are associated with a Unit in Jambo House or Kidani Village, you own AKV and can use your points to book either building. Those whose points are associated with Jambo House can book a villa in Kidani and vice-versa and all AKV owners have equal priority for any booking category and either building.

There are four booking levels: Value (Jambo only), Standard View, Savanna View and Concierge (Jambo only). Booking a Standard View in Kidani will cost the same number of points as a Standard View in Jambo House. The same is true for the Savanna View villas. There is no difference in the point requirements based on the number of bathrooms.

Value and Concierge are unique to Jambo House but all AKV owners have equal access to those villas, regardless of whether their points are associated with a Unit in Jambo House or Kidani, although some of us whose points are associated with a Unit in Jambo House might like to have booking priority for the Concierge villas!!

ETA: AKV is going to be a large resort once it is finished. Jambo House has about 30% of the total rooms, the rest are in Kidani Village. You will be able to state your preference for Jambo or Kidani when you make your reservation. If getting a room in Kidani is important to you, call when your 11-month window opens and I expect you will have no problem getting a room in Kidani.

No, all AKV owners will be treated the same. There is only one AKV.

Are there guaranteed booking catagories at AKV? If you want Jambo house can you specify that and know that's where your room will be or do you just take your chances once Kidani is open?

Are there guaranteed booking catagories at AKV? If you want Jambo house can you specify that and know that's where your room will be or do you just take your chances once Kidani is open?
This info on DVC's public website implies that you will be able to specify which building you want:

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVFAQPage#7

Can Members check in at both locations?

Members and Guests will check in at the location at which they are staying. The building in which they are staying will be confirmed at time of reservation.

The way I understand it, you SHOULD be able to guarantee one or the other. Of course if you are booking concierge or value, you KNOW your room will be in Jambo. The check in areas will be different, so I don't see how they could not book them specifically that way. While I think a lot of folks are going to want the second bathroom in the Kidani units, I don't think the lack of it is that big an issue in the Jambo 1 bedroom units. It isn't like you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. The bathrooms come off the entrance hall, so the bedroom and living room have equal access to the bathroom without going through the bedroom.

I just can't say enough how helpful all of your info has been. I understand now that the Values will be in Jambo, but what qualifies a room as Value?

The bathroom issue is more about space and 2 DDs, LOL! And explain why my 11 year has to be forced to take the shower yet stays in there 45 minutes! :rolleyes:

I just can't say enough how helpful all of your info has been. I understand now that the Values will be in Jambo, but what qualifies a room as Value?

The bathroom issue is more about space and 2 DDs, LOL! And explain why my 11 year has to be forced to take the shower yet stays in there 45 minutes! :rolleyes:
The Value rooms are smaller. The Value studio is 316 sq ft, a non-Value studio in Jambo House is 365 sq ft; a Value 1BR is 629 sq ft, a non-Value 1BR in Jambo is 710 sq ft, a 1BR in Kidani is 807 sq ft. The Value 1BRs accommodate 4 people, nonValue 1BRs accommodate 5 people. They all have the sleeper chair but in the Value 1BR/2BRs, there isn't enough floor space to open up both the sleeper chair and the sleeper sofa.

The Value rooms are the same width as the non-Values in Jambo House but are 3 to 3-1/2 feet shorter. In the studios the length difference is in the living/sleeping area. The bathroom and kitchenette areas are exactly the same. In the 1BRs, the length difference is in the living area and the master bedroom. The kitchen and bathroom in the Value 1BR are the same size as those in the Jambo House non-Values.

Has anyone been having luck booking concierge reservations lately? I know people were having a lot of issues booking rooms around Christmas and March (spring break?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter