Annie & Ed's PJ WP/WHR/France 1/11/11- I'm Back and w/ a preview of Pro-Wedding Pics!

Your plans sound great so far and Yay for getting to have your Disney wedding! I think for the type of wedding you want a wishes wedding is probably the best option. For an Escape, I don't think you can really have a traditional reception, but that doesn't mean you couldn't do an escape and go out dancing somewhere later, just depends on what you want.

Oh Maggie Fiorella! That is a beautiful dress! If my heart hadn't already been stolen by Carrie :lovestruc, how different things might be (I have pics of both in my PJ, if you want to see). You should probably go try on the dresses soon, I had a Maggie dress I loved and always thought would be my wedding dress. Then I went and tried it on and it just wasn't, beautiful, but not my dress :confused:. Until you have it on, you won't know for sure. But don't worry, there are so many awesome Maggie dresses, that one of them is bound to be the right one for you! ;) When you do go to try on Fiorella, make sure they lace you up in it, there is an interior lace up panel and then an outer zipper. That will give you a better idea of how the dress will really fit, the one place I went to tried to tell me it was an optional strap :confused3 so you can't always rely on the consultants to know.

For the BM's I like the first one best, but I find these you need to see in person too and have your girls try on, sometimes in person they don't quite look the same. I also thought I had my BM dress all picked, then I saw it :sad2:, but luckily we found the right dress pretty easily.

Good luck in all your planning! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look in to it!!!:thumbsup2

We thought we knew we wanted a wishes wedding but I called the representative and she advised me that the prices for 2011 will most likely be raised. :confused3 Obviously, I do not know the extent of it but I hope it's not another $2K added to a wishes minimum. :scared1:

Ok, kinda weird but my parents are Anne and Ed too lol! Small world! Congrats on the recent wedding and the decision to have a DFTW. I love your ideas so far, I just saw the Alice trailer today and it looks so awesome! I love the colors and style of option 1, dress 1 and BM dress 1 lol! I guess I like all the 1's
Cant wait to hear more about it, you guys look like a wonderful couple:goodvibes

:lmao: lol, that so funny!!! I saw the trailer the other day as well and it looks great, we are hoping to give the movie as part of our gifts that will left in each guests rooms. I'm also interested in all the one's.:thumbsup2

Thanks again for everyone's advice...

I have some idea's for my bouquet...:rose:

bridalbouquetoption1.jpg

bridalbouquetoption2.jpg

bridalbouquetoption3.jpg

bridalbouquetoption4.jpg

bridalbouquetoption5.jpg

gardenia-bridal-bouquet.jpg

#7 - In white
pinkbridalbouquet.jpg

Even though I want to incorporate Tim Burton, I still want to have a light color within the black.

Thanks for you help...

For the dresses, I love #1 & #5.

As for the bouquets, I really like #4

Looks like things are coming together nicely.

Hi,

I might just do #6 with some white anemones (picture below of the flower) and some feathers like in #7. What do you think?

WhiteAnemone.jpg

Even though I know we are a long way from the wedding, I know what I like and don't like pretty much, so it's easy for me to pick samples. Hopefully I keep this up so by the time I get to talk to Disney, I'll have everything ready.;)

Hey girls and boys,

I need help...

So my hubby and I did some number crunching and we found that an escape with a small reception and dessert party would be a lot less then a wishes, we would save over $2k (yes, we included service charge and tax). Those $2k or more that we will save, will come in handy for paying the honeymoon off.

Now for the questions...

I just need to get something clear:confused3...we can have a reception (maybe not a 4 hour one) with an escape but I would have to do the leg work, correct? Meaning, I would have to book the Attic or any other venue I would like for my reception, the dessert party and florist (centerpieces, etc.) myself? How long can the reception be? Would my family and I need to set up the reception decor or would our planner help us out with it? Also, can we rent an IPOD for music during the reception? Can we transfer the centerpieces I got to the dessert party? Would we have to do it or can we hire someone else to do it? The ceremony decor can arranged with the planner, right?

Thanks,:thumbsup2

Hi,

I might just do #6 with some white anemones (picture below of the flower) and some feathers like in #7. What do you think?

WhiteAnemone.jpg

Even though I know we are a long way from the wedding, I know what I like and don't like pretty much, so it's easy for me to pick samples. Hopefully I keep this up so by the time I get to talk to Disney, I'll have everything ready.;)

i love that idea :thumbsup2 Very pretty and you get your fave bits out of each design!

Hey girls and boys,

I need help...

So my hubby and I did some number crunching and we found that an escape with a small reception and dessert party would be a lot less then a wishes, we would save over $2k (yes, we included service charge and tax). Those $2k or more that we will save, will come in handy for paying the honeymoon off.

Now for the questions...

I just need to get something clear:confused3...we can have a reception (maybe not a 4 hour one) with an escape but I would have to do the leg work, correct? Meaning, I would have to book the Attic or any other venue I would like for my reception, the dessert party and florist (centerpieces, etc.) myself? How long can the reception be? Would my family and I need to set up the reception decor or would our planner help us out with it? Also, can we rent an IPOD for music during the reception? Can we transfer the centerpieces I got to the dessert party? Would we have to do it or can we hire someone else to do it? The ceremony decor can arranged with the planner, right?

I didn't have a reception but i'm sure that you will be able to do something like many other brides. I'm not sure whether it can be a reception with dancing or just a meal :confused3 Your planner will definately offer you advice and will either help you or point you in the direction of a disney staff member who can :thumbsup2 You'll find that most things are possible once you start discussing things with your planner - they are all amazing!!

I think disney will set up decor etc.. for you, at most locations - but they will charge for it. Yes, the ceremony decor is arranged through your planner who will then get someone from the floral department to contact you.

Hey girls and boys,

I need help...

Now for the questions...

I am an escape bride, and have been looking at options for after the ceremony. Your planner would be able to book the dessert party for you, and if you decide to do a meal , the attic or one of the ballrooms. I was originally looking into a meal at one of the boardwalk restaurants, but then my parents offered to pay for the meal portion and said they wanted buffet.

Which left me to a ballroom or the Attic since I wanted to keep it in the boardwalk area. My planner has given me a choice b/w the Marvin Gardens ballroom and the attic since the St. James room is booked the night of our wedding. She has also booked UK lochside for our DP.

For an escape, you can book the attic for 2 hours. I wasn't given a time limit on the Marvin Gardens ballroom.

I'm not sure about the restaurants, but I think you'd have to book one of those yourself, with the usual time-frame restrictions. I don't know about the centerpieces yet as I haven't gotten to that point in the planning and we'll be brining our own Ipod for the music!

I'd suggest purchasing Lurkyloo's (Carrie's) e-book about planning a disney wedding if you haven't done so already. It will answer a lot of basic questions.

HTH:goodvibes

I am an escape bride, and have been looking at options for after the ceremony. Your planner would be able to book the dessert party for you, and if you decide to do a meal , the attic or one of the ballrooms. I was originally looking into a meal at one of the boardwalk restaurants, but then my parents offered to pay for the meal portion and said they wanted buffet.

Which left me to a ballroom or the Attic since I wanted to keep it in the boardwalk area. My planner has given me a choice b/w the Marvin Gardens ballroom and the attic since the St. James room is booked the night of our wedding. She has also booked UK lochside for our DP.

For an escape, you can book the attic for 2 hours. I wasn't given a time limit on the Marvin Gardens ballroom.

I'm not sure about the restaurants, but I think you'd have to book one of those yourself, with the usual time-frame restrictions. I don't know about the centerpieces yet as I haven't gotten to that point in the planning and we'll be brining our own Ipod for the music!

I'd suggest purchasing Lurkyloo's (Carrie's) e-book about planning a disney wedding if you haven't done so already. It will answer a lot of basic questions.

HTH:goodvibes

Thank you so much for the info!!!

Carrie's book is great, I get it free because I'm a Passporter member.

Are you going to be doing a site visit? If you are do you mind sending me some of the pics?

Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

I heard you can only use the Attic for 2hrs if you an escape bride...is their anyway to pay a fee or something to have it an extra 3 hours?

We are leaving to Tennessee tomorrow for a long weekend with my sis and brother-in-law, we are so excited (never been)!!!!! Then next week we leave to Universal Studios for 4 days and 3 nights with my nieces!!!!!

Joining in. . .

I love your ideas so far. The dresses are all gorgeous and I really like the theme you are going with. The anemones would be lovely to balance the darker colors.

Don't bother trying to rent an Ipod, any mp3 player will do and you can buy them pretty cheap these days, that way you can play around with the music you want on it.

Are you going to be doing a site visit? If you are do you mind sending me some of the pics?

Sorry, we aren't planning on doing a formal sight visit. Escape brides don't get one and we can't afford it right now anyway. We'll be going to Disney around Christmas, but that will be just a few weeks before the wedding. I'll take lots of pictures and would be happy to post them on here, but I'm sure if you search through some of the completed trip reports you'll be able to find pictures of the attic and ballrooms!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Also, the time limit in the attic for escape brides is indeed 2 hours, but I don't know about extra time for a fee. The 2 hour limit is perfect for us, so I didn't think to ask.

Love the white anmones, I am using them in purples for mine :) Such a lovely elegent choice IMHO:goodvibes, oh and I think you can get the attic for 3 hours. I know other escape brides have done it, maybe post on the main board and see what other people say. I bet Carrie or Toni will have the answer for you as they both had recpetions there and are DFTW experts:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

We are back from a mini trip to Tennessee!!

Thanks for everyone's comments!!!!

Sorry, we aren't planning on doing a formal sight visit. Escape brides don't get one and we can't afford it right now anyway. We'll be going to Disney around Christmas, but that will be just a few weeks before the wedding. I'll take lots of pictures and would be happy to post them on here, but I'm sure if you search through some of the completed trip reports you'll be able to find pictures of the attic and ballrooms!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Also, the time limit in the attic for escape brides is indeed 2 hours, but I don't know about extra time for a fee. The 2 hour limit is perfect for us, so I didn't think to ask.

We will probably be doing a site visit in October but that's still up in the air because we so many things already planned for this year.

I'm really hoping to get the Attic for 3hours so hopefully Carrie has an answer for me, she usually does, she great help.:thumbsup2

These are my cake idea's...

#1- without the calla lilies
cake.jpg

#2-with mickey and minnie ears
blackandwhitecake4.jpg

#3-smaller of course
blackandwhitecake.jpg

#4-in black and white
pinkweddingcake.jpg

#5-in black and white
orchids-wedding-cake2.jpg

If worse comes to worse we might just get the modern deco cake from the escape package and change the colors to black and white and take the gold dots and make them silver.

Let me know what you think...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter