Annie & Ed's PJ WP/WHR/France 1/11/11- I'm Back and w/ a preview of Pro-Wedding Pics!

I love #1 (it goes with your theme) and #2. I think that the Art Deco Cake in Black/White & Silver would work too (and save you money, as it's already supplied!)

Hi Annie and Welcome!

Congrats!

I wanted to say hi because:

1. I'm 9 1/2 years older than my hubby. :)
2. We had a civil ceremony before our Disney Wedding but NEVER not ONCE referred to our Disney Wedding as a VR! Exactly like you DH and I called it our Wedding. The city hall thing was the marriage (with vows I don't even remember!) Neither did any of our vendors or my coordinator at DFTW! (Tanis, LOVE her!)

Anyway, I love your ideas! I love all the dark purples and the luxe, mysterious feel of your theme!

Anyway, we had an Escape Wedding at SBP with a dinner reception in the Wine Room at Jiko and a DP in Morocco...

So far, it looks like you've gotten some great answers for your questions, but let me know when other things come up (Escape bride wise anyway) I can try to help as much as I can...

Keep up the good work!

I like Inspiration Board #1...have to decide about the cake and the bouquet...I'm leaning towards dress #1... :)

Can't wait to read more about your plans!:goodvibes

I love your inspiration boards. I think you should use the colors of one but some of the ideas in 3. I love all ur ideas everything looks great

I like cake no. 2 mostest :lovestruc but I also like your idea of a mad hatter with 2's pattern

I liiiike... the design of #2 with the shape of the tiers in #5. I could definitely see that in black and white with like, red roses going down the side of the cake. Looks good in my mind! :rotfl:

Mad hatter would be nice too... but you just see those so often nowadays.

Hi Annie and Welcome!

Congrats!

I wanted to say hi because:

1. I'm 9 1/2 years older than my hubby. :)
2. We had a civil ceremony before our Disney Wedding but NEVER not ONCE referred to our Disney Wedding as a VR! Exactly like you DH and I called it our Wedding. The city hall thing was the marriage (with vows I don't even remember!) Neither did any of our vendors or my coordinator at DFTW! (Tanis, LOVE her!)

Anyway, I love your ideas! I love all the dark purples and the luxe, mysterious feel of your theme!

Anyway, we had an Escape Wedding at SBP with a dinner reception in the Wine Room at Jiko and a DP in Morocco...

So far, it looks like you've gotten some great answers for your questions, but let me know when other things come up (Escape bride wise anyway) I can try to help as much as I can...

Keep up the good work!

I like Inspiration Board #1...have to decide about the cake and the bouquet...I'm leaning towards dress #1... :)

Can't wait to read more about your plans!:goodvibes

That's awesome to hear!!! Do you have pics of your day and if you don't mind can I see your BEO?

Oh and thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!!!:thumbsup2

Hey,

Well, I finally have an update...my hubby has been talking about having a Wishes wedding instead of an Escape:confused:, so now we comprised to wait until we speak to a consultant to get a comparable BEO.

Also, we have been checking out decor's for our ceremony...check out what we have come up with so far...

Have these hanging from the ceiling.
ceremonyflowers3.jpg

OR​

Have one set of these
ceremonydecoration.jpg

OR​

Have a set of these
ceremonyflowers2.jpg

AND

Petals down the aisle
aisledecoroption2.jpg

What do you think? I'm trying to make it whimsical but elegant...

We went back and forth between wishes and escape and ultimately decided we spend just as much with Wishes but get more for our money. Our WP described Escape weddings as more of an elopement.

I love your pics!! I love the hanging pomanders!! I love the petals down the aisle too...I heard Disney charges a FORTUNE for petals though.

We went back and forth between wishes and escape and ultimately decided we spend just as much with Wishes but get more for our money. Our WP described Escape weddings as more of an elopement.

I love your pics!! I love the hanging pomanders!! I love the petals down the aisle too...I heard Disney charges a FORTUNE for petals though.

Yeah, that what I keep hearing but I still want to make sure that a wishes would be the same as an escape.

Thanks..we aren't going to use as much petals like the pic but just enough...

I think a lot of Escape Brides would disagree and also take offense with the planner that said Escape wedddings are more like elopements.
Elopements are traditionally kept a secret and it is just bride and groom, no guests, no meal or celebrations of any sort (for anyone besides the bride and groom).

I'm sure I'm not the only Escape bride who added things on to her wedding, including a meet and greet dinner, a dessert party, a dinner reception and a good bye brunch, yet also kept it small and pretty affordable. (I also upgraded flowers, had centerpieces at the dinner reception etc.)

I think this is a problem with DFTW's and the perceptions that people have. You have more than 2 options besides having the basic no extras Escape wedding or jumping right to a Wishes wedding. There's loads of options and things you can add on to an Escape to make it as unique as a Wishes wedding.

I think a lot of Escape Brides would disagree and also take offense with the planner that said Escape wedddings are more like elopements.
Elopements are traditionally kept a secret and it is just bride and groom, no guests, no meal or celebrations of any sort (for anyone besides the bride and groom).

I'm sure I'm not the only Escape bride who added things on to her wedding, including a meet and greet dinner, a dessert party, a dinner reception and a good bye brunch, yet also kept it small and pretty affordable. (I also upgraded flowers, had centerpieces at the dinner reception etc.)

I think this is a problem with DFTW's and the perceptions that people have. You have more than 2 options besides having the basic no extras Escape wedding or jumping right to a Wishes wedding. There's loads of options and things you can add on to an Escape to make it as unique as a Wishes wedding.

I didn't mean to be offensive...I think what my WP was trying to say is that Escape weddings are designed to be more low-key...simple. I think it's great they work out for some people by adding things to them, which you are right, wouldn't make it an elopement. She said when you start adding things that she tries to sway brides to Wishes because it was designed to be customizable. I think we on the dis are probably not the norm for Escape brides at Disney. I know of a co-worker at another location who did an Escape wedding just as it's designed. No outside photography and nothing but a small simple dinner afterwards. Just my .02.

I'm actually hoping to have an Escape but my hubby keeps thinking it would be the same and less work for us with a Wishes. He was also saying that we would have an actual planning session..which I kind of like.
Thanks!!:thumbsup2

My bff had a wishes wedding and it was to to to to to much,,,, as far as money and what was all going on. I am not saying it wasnt great but it is not me or anyone else it was my friend to a T. I am the one who wants the Escape wedding and i know that it will be just as good as my friends but more my style... It is all about what u make of it... I think that an escape wedding is great cause u still have options and it seems like there is less stress than a wishes wedding. I dont know if it is cause my friend is un organized or what ....It is all that u make it...

Ur wedding will be all about u know matter what kind it is....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter