• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass and magic bands

Jaxy0408

Earning My Ears
I have been a DVC member for the last few years and this is the first year we got annual passes. So I got a few questions. I got cards in mail and activated on computer to get magicbands. We just received bands

So here are my questions:

Does the one year start after we enter first park?

We are going in Nov then again in May do we use same bands?

Thanks in advance just new to premium annual passes from DVC

Jim

The clock on AP's and tickets starts when you first use them by entering a park.

:earsboy: Bill

We are going in Nov then again in May do we use same bands?

You will most likely get new bands again in May. DW and I almost have one of every color, I might as well get the pink one in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon. I heard from a CM that they will be adding an option to not send a new band if you want to re-use old ones.

... I heard from a CM that they will be adding an option to not send a new band if you want to re-use old ones.

About time; what a waste of $ to send new MB's for each stay!

When Disney sends you your MB's for a certain ressie they are the ones you should use. You can use any of them BUT read below.
EXAmple: Dec 1st to 6 th trip at BWV you will get bands . Then you move to BLT Dec 6 to the 9 th ( you get more MB's for this stay). Your MB's for the first part of trip are set for BWV by the last 4 digits on the band and the bands for BLT are set for second part of trip the same way.
If you use the BLT MB's for the first part of your stay at BWV the CM will have to record the last for digits for that band to work.
If you use the MBs for BWV at BWV and then at BLT they will need to be recorded at BLT with the last 4 digits WOW!!

Any MBs you have can be used but the LAST 4 DIGITS (a # or letter) needs to be recorded first be use it.

When Disney sends you your MB's for a certain ressie they are the ones you should use. You can use any of them BUT read below.
EXAmple: Dec 1st to 6 th trip at BWV you will get bands . Then you move to BLT Dec 6 to the 9 th ( you get more MB's for this stay). Your MB's for the first part of trip are set for BWV by the last 4 digits on the band and the bands for BLT are set for second part of trip the same way.
If you use the BLT MB's for the first part of your stay at BWV the CM will have to record the last for digits for that band to work.
If you use the MBs for BWV at BWV and then at BLT they will need to be recorded at BLT with the last 4 digits WOW!!

Any MBs you have can be used but the LAST 4 DIGITS (a # or letter) needs to be recorded first be use it.

I did a split stay in May, first at VGF and then WL. I used my pink band from last year for the entire trip, not the ones sent for either hotel. No one ever scanned my band at either hotel and it worked. I checked in before my friends and their bands worked fine without ever going to the check-in desk at VGF.

When Disney sends you your MB's for a certain ressie they are the ones you should use. You can use any of them BUT read below. EXAmple: Dec 1st to 6 th trip at BWV you will get bands . Then you move to BLT Dec 6 to the 9 th ( you get more MB's for this stay). Your MB's for the first part of trip are set for BWV by the last 4 digits on the band and the bands for BLT are set for second part of trip the same way. If you use the BLT MB's for the first part of your stay at BWV the CM will have to record the last for digits for that band to work. If you use the MBs for BWV at BWV and then at BLT they will need to be recorded at BLT with the last 4 digits WOW!! Any MBs you have can be used but the LAST 4 DIGITS (a # or letter) needs to be recorded first be use it.
This post is not accurate. Magic bands are associated with your MDE account. Your room reservation is also associated with your MDE account. All bands will work. Just make sure you use each band to unlock the door to your room when you first check in. This ensures they all work correctly, and also enables them to open the gate to the parking lot.

You will most likely get new bands again in May. DW and I almost have one of every color, I might as well get the pink one in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon. I heard from a CM that they will be adding an option to not send a new band if you want to re-use old ones.
If you do not confirm the address nor customize the bands, they will not ship. They will have generic bands waiting for you at the resort, but you can refuse those and they will be recycled.

This girl s not accurate. Magic bands are associated with your MDE account. Your room reservation is also associated with your MDE account. All bands will work.

Just make sure you use each band to unlock the door to your room when you first check in. This ensures they all work correctly, and also enables them to open the gate to the parking lot.

I agree with the first part. :)

The second part, though...hasn't been necessary for me in any way. All of our bands (4 short stays in a row) worked just fine without us standing there opening the door with each of them. Same with opening the parking lot gate.

We used the same bands for several stays but I had in-activated the rest in MDE. We haven't had any issues other than with our DVC premium AP not working at Disney Quest.

This may or may not be wrong but this is how it came across to me.

We just got back for WDW OCT 10. when we checked in at BWV the CM made sure our bands had the right digits on them ( her words not mine) we scanned them at the counter and when we got to our room 3133 ( the next to the last room in the standard studios) what a walk . Neither band worked, I call and told them to send someone because I wasn't walking back again. They got a supervisor to talk to me and she asked again for the last 4 digits on our bands so she could check again. After she entered these numbers again the door worked.

When we were on the elevator later that week a guest and a CM were heading to his room and the CM was saying that the last numbers might be wrong.
Go figure:confused3

PS: we also used any band we wanted on other trips before but not this time

You will get a band for your AP only. However, you can use it for room reservations as other posters stated. We have about a dozen active bands now, any and all have worked for any reservation. We've had split stays and we have left some of the bands at home and only used one the entire trip.

All active bands point to your MDE account but the resort has to program your room door to receive the signal from the band that you are using at the time.

If you have a new band for the current vacation, my guess is that the resort assumes that this is the band to use for your room access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter