ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Unless it has changed, a used ticket can only be upgraded while onsite. It can’t be done via phone.

So, someone has to be there on the 13th to upgrade a pass that was used prior to that date…
Ahhh I see, my mistake. I guess unused via phone and then used on site =/ oh well, was worth a try anyways :P

Hi friends! I just called MS and I got a little more information.

1. DVC members can only buy Socerer passes on April 13. If DVC members want to buy Incredi passes, they have to wait until April 20th. DH and I are trying to figure out which passes we want to purchase, and I assumed I could buy either on April 13th; that's not the case...only Sorcerer on the 13th.

2. The CM I spoke to said it's more advantageous to purchase APs online, rather than calling MS at 9 am. The gal I spoke with said no one knows yet what time the window to purchase on either the 13th or the 20th will open, but she said she would guess it would be before the 9 am time that MS opens.

Whoops! Sorry @Sandisw...I didn't see your response until after I called! Thank you!

Question I need help with. I need to buy the annual passes as I have been without since buying dvc and I have a couple of single day tickets attached to my account.

i am going to wdw in June and want to ONLY use my single day tickets. I will go again in November and in November activate and start using my annual pass.

The question I need help with please

how do I make sure in June my annual passes are not activated and I use only my single day tickets?

You may already have an answer for this as there are many more pages I haven't read.

On my November 2022 trip I had an annual pass voucher in MDE. I wanted to use single day tickets that I also had. I had to call the passholder line and they prioritized the ticket I wanted to use.

My annual pass voucher is still intact in my MDE and I've been using the single park/no expiry tickets with no problems.

On hold for less then 3 minutes with member services. They already updated the menu voice to tell you about the new sales for APs.

The lady I spoke with was quite certain ticket holders or lower tier pass holders looking to upgrade will be able to on April 13 from the App or website or by calling member services. For tickets, you just click the change ticket option (right now it gives an error), but she said on the 4/13 it'll work you will see an option to upgrade to APs!
I don't see a change tix option for my May 2023 Undercover Tourist tix that I already linked to MDE... just a 'reassign' option for my ticket or 'add to wallet.'.

I kind of foresee a problem were the website can't verify DVC-Y and says to call.

I wanted to add she said new park reservations would need to be made.
AP reservations are sold out at MK on April 21, per the website.

Hi friends! I just called MS and I got a little more information.

1. DVC members can only buy Socerer passes on April 13. If DVC members want to buy Incredi passes, they have to wait until April 20th. DH and I are trying to figure out which passes we want to purchase, and I assumed I could buy either on April 13th; that's not the case...only Sorcerer on the 13th.

2. The CM I spoke to said it's more advantageous to purchase APs online, rather than calling MS at 9 am. The gal I spoke with said no one knows yet what time the window to purchase on either the 13th or the 20th will open, but she said she would guess it would be before the 9 am time that MS opens.

Whoops! Sorry @Sandisw...I didn't see your response until after I called! Thank you!
Can you buy Sorcerer on the 13 to cover your bases and upgrade on the 20th? I hope I’m being too pessimistic but I worry they will sell out.

Can you buy Sorcerer on the 13 to cover your bases and upgrade on the 20th? I hope I’m being too pessimistic but I worry they will sell out.
I can't promise you can, but Disney has always been happy to take the $$ from someone upgrading from a less expensive AP to a more expensive one. And before this, people who had lower level APs, for example Pixie Pass, were allowed to upgrade to a higher level at time of renewal.

The T’s and C’s answer some of the questions in this thread regarding activation:

PASS EXPIRATION: For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry; provided, however, that park reservations, as available and subject to associated restrictions, may be made in anticipation of activation of a Pass so long as such Pass has not expired. A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled. No refunds will be given. The original Pass may not be transferred, and the amount paid for the original Pass may not be redeemed for cash or be used for any other purpose other than the purchase of another Pass or ticket. However, the amount paid for an unactivated, expired Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a new Pass or ticket (subject to availability) at the then current price so long as the new Pass or ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original Pass. The then current terms, conditions and benefits associated with the newly purchased Pass or ticket will apply at that time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/annual-pass-terms-conditions/
I wonder if I was to buy a voucher when they become available and go by guest relations within a year to “get” my annual pass…is there any time limit I can hold onto that inside my Disney experience app (as long as I don’t activate it at a gate yet)?

Going back in 7 weeks but may not go in 2024 or not until fall but may go a few times in 2025 so just planning ahead

I expect not, because you'll have to sign in with your eligible DVC Membership to purchase the DVC Sorcerer, but I could be wrong.
I would still suggest going to GR to get physical AP card media. This would be needed for AP discounts and I also had a situation where I accidentally put on one of my wife's MagicBands. My wife carries the cards everywhere too, so it was quicker to pull that out than go to a ticket booth.

I wonder if I was to buy a voucher when they become available and so by guest relations within a year to “get” my annual pass…is there any time limit I can hold onto that inside my Disney experience app (as long as I don’t activate it at a gate yet)?

Going back in 7 weeks but may not go in 2024 or not until fall but may go a few times in 2025 so just planning ahead

The voucher must be turned into an active pass within one year from purchase. So, anyone who buys a voucher April 13th will need to activate it into a real pass by April 12th, 2024.

I respectfully disagree. I think they did time it to get as many day admissions as possible during Easter Break. APs available after to encourage a new round of buying. They are in business. They are not a charity.
WE all KNOW they are a business. I am still of the opinion that they are not waiting to sell passes until after spring break. I don't know how many people who are going for Spring break would even contemplate an AP.... probably not many. And, if they were going to buy an AP anyway then they can do so after this visit and activate it on their next visit. It all comes out in the wash.

While they didn't have to bring them back, I bet the timing is very much about being after the Easter visitors.
why not after the influx of Summer time visitors? I guess I am not cynical enough to think they have all these people sitting in a boardroom deciding which guests they want to put the screws to...

Ignorance is bliss - I suppose. I just don't think "the Mouse" is after punishing Spring breakers by setting the date for later this month.

But at least those who really want them can now get them.

why not after the influx of Summer time visitors? I guess I am not cynical enough to think they have all these people sitting in a boardroom deciding which guests they want to put the screws to...

Ignorance is bliss - I suppose. I just don't think "the Mouse" is after punishing Spring breakers by setting the date for later this month.

But at least those who really want them can now get them.
I do think they consider attendance patterns….and i know last week and this week are pretty booked up.

I don’t think it’s about punishing a certain group…but rather it was used to time the return..

I did not get the email (yes, I am a blue card holder) but thankfully I saw it on my facebook feed this afternoon. Marking my calendar... need 2.

Disregard! Sandi corrected me afterwards :P

Okay…I just saw a report that someone was able to upgrade their current ticket to a 10 day ticket so that it is still valid on the 13th and will be eligible to do the upgrade, even though the ticker has already been used…

So, maybe those onsite should stop at GR and ask if they can upgrade a ticket they currently have to that is not yet expired to a 10 day and then get some credit to use it toward a new AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter