Annual reading challenge 2017-come join us

#11 Spartan's Gold by Clive Cussler

First book in the Fargo Adventure series. Dealing with Gold Pillars that apparently Napoleon had found and left secrets to their location.
Liked the main character Sam and Remi, wealthy couple whom go treasure hunting. Give it 3.5 stars and will round it up rather than down on goodreads.

(If anyone is interested, I would gladly send kindle gift versions of any of my works, Written for You, Cemetery Girl, Three Twigs for the Campfire, or Reigning. You can see them all reviewed click here Goodreads. If you are interested just PM here or there or like post.)

#11 Spartan's Gold by Clive Cussler

First book in the Fargo Adventure series. Dealing with Gold Pillars that apparently Napoleon had found and left secrets to their location.
Liked the main character Sam and Remi, wealthy couple whom go treasure hunting. Give it 3.5 stars and will round it up rather than down on goodreads.

(If anyone is interested, I would gladly send kindle gift versions of any of my works, Written for You, Cemetery Girl, Three Twigs for the Campfire, or Reigning. You can see them all reviewed click here Goodreads. If you are interested just PM here or there or like post.)

Am I understanding you correctly you are the author of all the books you read this year

#9 of 25 - Fireproof: Never Leave Your Partner - Novelization by Eric Wilson

I have heard of the movie but never seen it. I enjoyed the book and now want to see the movie. I imagine there are a lot of couples out there that could stand to see this movie and implement The Love Dare in their lives.

#9 of 25 - Fireproof: Never Leave Your Partner - Novelization by Eric Wilson

I have heard of the movie but never seen it. I enjoyed the book and now want to see the movie. I imagine there are a lot of couples out there that could stand to see this movie and implement The Love Dare in their lives.

Loved the movie highly recommend it

Am I understanding you correctly you are the author of all the books you read this year
No, the books at the bottom are all the books that I authored, not books I read. I have read them, but not for a while, thank God. If any of you would like to read I will gladly send gift copies.
They have been nicely reviewed so far. Hopefully putting out # 5 & 6 this summer.

Last edited:
#7/12 - With Love, Wherever You Are by Dandi Daley Mackall

This was another easy read about a couple married and serving during WWII. The book itself was ok - not great - but I loved the last chapter that's the "story behind the story."

Week 30 -I read four books this week which brings me to 118/204. The books I read this week were:

Girl Unbroken by Regina Calcaterra and Rosie Maloney. I had read a nonfiction book by Regina, Etched in Sand, about her dysfunctional upbringing. This is the non-fiction story of her sister who was separated from her by child welfare and then kidnapped by their crazy mother who moved with her to Idaho. It is also the story of the battles to overcome a really, really dysfunctional family life.

Halleluiah is Dying by Michael Arches. Christian mystery set in a small mining community in Colorado where the small, family owned mines are close to tapped out. The main character is a practicing catholic and the characters show their faith in a fairly natural way. The main character, Flint, goes to Mass and frequently relies on prayer but is also sleeping with his girlfriend.

Stars Upside Down by Jennie Goulat. A non-fiction memoir the according the cover is a "memoir of travel, grief and an incandescent God". It read like a series of blog entities and it turns out that is exactly what it was, the author is blogger who strung her blog entries into a book.

New Girl/Corpse in Town, a Secret Seal Isle Mystery by Lucy Quinn. A FBI agent who is on furlough hiding out from some bad guys. The agent, now know as Cookie and her mother, Rain, an unrepentant 60's hippy, try to open up a B & B on a small island. While nude swimming, Rain, finds a corpse and Cookie is unhappy with the response of local, law enforcement. She call her former partner and he shows up to take over the investigation. Their investigation into the death is sandwiched in between Cookie trying to decide whether she wants to get romantically involved with her former partner or with the hunky, handyman she has hired to do repairs at the B & B.

Week 31 - I read four books this week which brings me to 122/204. The books I read this week were:

Murder is for Keeps by Elizabeth J. Duncan. Mystery set in Scotland. Is part of a series. An easy and entertaining read.

Max: Best Fried, Hero, Marine by Jenifer Li Schotz. Older brother is killed while serving in Afghanistan. His military canine is traumatized by the death. To save the dog from being put down, the younger son adopts him and with the help of a new friend, helps the dog recover. The dog gets to be a hero again because of some bad choices the younger brother has made and then tries to fix.

Pink Slips by Beth Aldrich - Suspense. The title does not refer to people being fired but to the color of threatening notes the pregnant heroine is receiving. With the assistance of her parents, her next door neighbor, and some psychic/spiritual experiences she is able to stop her stalker before he kills her.

Deer Season by Aaron Stander. Mystery. This is part of a series set in rural Michigan near Lake Michigan. The police chief has to solve a series of murders involving one of his own deputies, one of the very rich, summer families and tangled relationships that go back to high school.

Two books in which the main character is fascinated by chemistry and poisons!

#51/80: A Beautiful Poison by Lydia Kang (3/5) (historical fiction/mystery)
This takes place in NYC as the US is getting involved in WWI. It tries too hard to be mystery/history/romance.

#52/80: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley (4.5/5) (1950s British mystery)
The main character is an 11 YO girl who is a hoot! This is the first in a series.

#34/58-"Welcome to Forever"
#35/58-"Strangers in their Own Land"
#36/58-"30 First Dates"

All of them were 3 stars of 5. OK to read, but none of them were great.

#23 True Light by Terri Blackstock
I've read this series, it's a good conversation piece.

10/25 - The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg. I've enjoyed most of the books I have read by her. Ordered the last one I haven't read today.

#8/12 - Still Life by Louise Penny

I'm pretty sure I read about this book here. I accidentally purchased the nook book when considering it on bn.com. Wound up loving it. Thank you to whomever posted about it first!

#8/12 - Still Life by Louise Penny

I'm pretty sure I read about this book here. I accidentally purchased the nook book when considering it on bn.com. Wound up loving it. Thank you to whomever posted about it first!

One of my favorite series!

#53/80: Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson (4/5) (historical fiction/Holocaust/legal)

This takes place in Chicago about 2004/5 and the Holocaust part is told in flashbacks. Lawyer and P.I. are characters that continue the series in Saving Sophie and Karolina's Twins.

I just found out that my wait list for "The Woman in Cabin 10" finally came through. I've been waiting 5 months for this book, so I hope it's worth the wait!

#25 Ruin Falls by Jenny Milchman
#26 Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman

Neither were very good, just all I had on hand while recuperating from surgery. Hitting the library tomorrow, lol.

11/25 - Prince of Fools: The Red Queen's War Book One by Mark Lawrence.

This was my book club's August read. I forced my way through the book. I didn't care for his writing style. I give it a "Meh".

#9/12 -Fatal Grace by Louise Penny

This is the second book in the Chief Insector Gamache series. Another murder takes place in the small Canadian village Three Pines. I enjoyed seeing the same characters from the first book, Still
Life. Both books are an easy read and quite enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter