Antarctica!

I am worried about our airfare if ABD cancels. Delta has been so hard to reach. Wonder how this will go.... praying we still get to go!

Weird tip, and I don't know if this will work but it did last month when I had an issue with the holiday flights we had ... try googling for alternate Delta phone numbers (I don't think I'm allowed to post). I found one in December that got me through after 15 minutes when I'd already been on hold with their normal number for hours.

Weird tip, and I don't know if this will work but it did last month when I had an issue with the holiday flights we had ... try googling for alternate Delta phone numbers (I don't think I'm allowed to post). I found one in December that got me through after 15 minutes when I'd already been on hold with their normal number for hours.
Thank you! I’ll do that. Somehow my Skymiles account was locked for security reasons. I submitted the documents requested to regain access…still waiting - been since November so I can’t even check my flights.

Thank you! I’ll do that. Somehow my Skymiles account was locked for security reasons. I submitted the documents requested to regain access…still waiting - been since November so I can’t even check my flights.
Talked to Delta - they will issue an E-credit to use on future flight. Funny thing - we used an e-credit for this trip from when our ABD China was cancelled in 2020. Am I destined to go nowhere? lol

Waiting with baited breath to hear if there are any changes. I am supposed to be heading to Miami at this time next week.

I am anxious waiting to hear about the status of a trip to Egypt that is just over three weeks away. I cannot imagine what you must be feeling with only a week left! Hang in there!

Just heard from our travel agent - ABD confirmed Antartica is still a GO!

I just got off the phone with AbD and the good news is that they are moving forward with this trip!

The little bit of bad news is that Ushuaia is very limited on what anyone can do right now – even for those who live there. Because of that, there are no excursions being offered there. You will be having a group lunch and fly together to board the ship.

The attached waiver needs to be signed as soon as possible. They cannot accept it if it comes in later than Wednesday.

A few days before departure, you will need to upload the test results AND the letter from the insurance company. They will send the link to that when it’s time. They also recommend printing the letter to bring with you.

Lastly, if you feel the need to move this to another date, let me know as they are being flexible with changes. They are feeling it’s safe, however, and you know how Disney is usually overly cautious!

I just got off the phone with AbD and the good news is that they are moving forward with this trip!

The little bit of bad news is that Ushuaia is very limited on what anyone can do right now – even for those who live there. Because of that, there are no excursions being offered there. You will be having a group lunch and fly together to board the ship.

The attached waiver needs to be signed as soon as possible. They cannot accept it if it comes in later than Wednesday.

A few days before departure, you will need to upload the test results AND the letter from the insurance company. They will send the link to that when it’s time. They also recommend printing the letter to bring with you.

Lastly, if you feel the need to move this to another date, let me know as they are being flexible with changes. They are feeling it’s safe, however, and you know how Disney is usually overly cautious!

Interesting! I wonder if they made this decision because the bulk of the trip is not actually in Argentina?

Edit to add: I do see the Jan 30th trip is still listed on ABD's website too.

Last edited:

I wonder how it differs for those that are on the Buenos Aires Escape. I haven't heard from my travel agent and I will flying to Buenos Aires on Thursday of next week. Guess I will give them a call.

Apparently there has been updates to the Buenos Aires Escape portion of the trip and of course since I went through a travel agent they won't speak to me (although they have several times in the past about this trip) and said they left him a VM this morning. I have tried to call him a couple of time with no response this week so I am slightly aggravated but just left yet another VM to see if I could find out what is going on.

So the 4 day pre escape is cancelled. Now looking at my options - meet the crew the day before - push it back a year - on the fence at the moment
Did they say why it was cancelled, when the cruise is still happening?

They spoke to my travel agent. They told him the options were to cancel outright for a full refund (the entire trip). They are going to refund the Buenos Aires portion anyhow. Since I made my own flight reservations I can meet up in Buenos Aires and go down with the group. I suspect they told some more but he was on his way into a wedding and needed to hang up :) My travel agent is going to see if I can just push it out a year which would be my choice at the moment but I am going to connect with American to see what the cost of changing the flight to come down two days later. There was a two hour wait on hold....all said I am soooo disappointed.

I spoke to AbD today as well. I was given the same information as llachance; pre escape cancelled, but sailing still scheduled. We were told that they are going to try to keep us in a bubble from the moment we arrive into Buenos Aires, asking us to stay in the hotel until our flight out to Ushuaia. I am scheduled to land on Saturday as I had added an extra night pre-cruise. Testing will be done the day we arrive at the hotel and then again the day we board the ship, one test mid cruise and one at the end for flights back home.
No Tierra del Fuego or other Ushuaia excursions, pre or post cruise. Offered full refund or to move the booking to one of the late '22 or early '23 adventures.

Last edited:
Decided to wait until next year to go. don't know if I will do it with ABD or not. It would have been 3K to change our flights to match the schedule to meet the ship and I wasn't willing to pay that much more at the moment although I suspect at the end of the day it is going to cost that much or more next year. At least it is mostly paid for at this point :)

Isn't Dotti the best!!! 😀

We decided to remain on this trip. Got our Neg PCR results today for our flights on Friday. Tomorrow we will complete our DDJJ and the Anvil uploads on the 29th as requested. I guess it's time to start packing. We are not going to be able to enjoy Buenos Aires as we had hoped, but the whole point of the trip is Antarctica.

When I spoke to AbD last week, there were about 190 guests on our sailing, as of this morning it dwindled down to 142 is what I was told.

We decided to remain on this trip. Got our Neg PCR results today for our flights on Friday. Tomorrow we will complete our DDJJ and the Anvil uploads on the 29th as requested. I guess it's time to start packing. We are not going to be able to enjoy Buenos Aires as we had hoped, but the whole point of the trip is Antarctica.

When I spoke to AbD last week, there were about 190 guests on our sailing, as of this morning it dwindled down to 142 is what I was told.
We are moving forward, too. Looking forward to it!

Wow! Another trip to add to the bucket list...hopefully COVID will be gone soon and we don't need to worry about cancellations for any of our upcoming vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter