Anti inflammatory diet

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Let me tell you it really works. I have a little arthritis and a torn Mencius in my knees both knees arthritis and one torn Mencius. I have been on it for two months and only one day had a little pain during the two months. I use to take Advil for the pain we all know that isn’t good for you long time like all pain medicines.
The only thing I’m doing different is I eat one salad a day. Than eat like I normally will the rest of the time. There’s a list of food that helps you
I won’t mention them easy to google the list. I know someday it will probably get worse but for now the anti inflammatory diet does the trick. Hopefully I will help at least one person here. If you have been doing it share your experience if you don’t mind. Good luck everyone. Hope it works for you like it did for me so far.

I am not sure if this is the same as your diet, but a family member has been following an autoimmune related diet for about four months now. So far they have said it has made quite a difference.

Once I was diagnosed with my leukemia and food allergies, I adopted a "90-95%" anti-inflammatory diet (thus, I never stress if I do have something inflammatory at one meal for celebrations/cravings/etc - I just get right back on), and my cancer has been progressing much slower than my doc expected with my gene typing...

I also feel great, so it's been working for me, although I also have adopted consistent sleep and consistent low impact exercise (and stress-reducing activities) to help increase the total anti-inflammatory/immune boost effect, and to make up for my 5-10% "cheat"...

It is more expensive, though, when you make family dinner meals in this strategy. But I told my spouse what my eventual immunotherapy pills would cost yearly (which can never be stopped once started) - and at that cost, fresh salmon once a week for everyone for dinner isn't too bad (I also have salmon for lunch 2-3/week interspersed with my other cooked dinner leftovers to help keep my "time costs" down).

I also buy 50-60lbs of fresh produce per week, so I am very thankful I have an HMart and Aldi's around to make that affordable for a family of 6 (I eat more than my fair share, but the rest of the fam also goes to town)...

Not specifically an anti-inflammatory, yet falls into the subcategory of anti-inflammatory is Pescatarian. After Thanksgiving I made the switch to Pescatarian (95% vegetarian and 5% seafood). I haven’t looked back. It doesn’t make me feel deprived which honestly I love. I’m sleeping better, easier to order in restaurants if we eat out, loss 10lbs, digesting food better, and even reversed prediabetes. Cheers to 2022 and better health for all.

I’m going to look into this. I’ve been struggling with debilitating migraines. I’ve done a great deal of research and an anti-inflammatory diet was mentioned.
I’m a vegetarian and I tend to eat very healthy, but maybe there are some small changes I could make. I would love to get to the point where I take less meds. I can’t imagine what I’m doing to my poor stomach (or liver) with the ridiculous amount of medicine I’ve been on lately.

I am on a GF diet. Gluten is one of the most inflammatory proteins in the western diet due to GMO of the wheat. It has made all the difference for me. I thought I had an ulcer it was bothering me so much. It’s been six years and I don’t miss it at all. Most of the alternative flours actually taste better than wheat. I also saw a reduction in migraines and I’m not as sleepy as I once was. We used to go to dinner and a movie and I couldn’t stay awake in the movie no matter how much I wanted to see it. Now I have no problem staying awake. It’s crazy how much diet affects our well being.

So I'm 55 and have always exercised. I alternate days, cardio and strength. I started subbing again at the elementary school. I took a 12 wk assignment. To make lunches easier, I started packing a salad every day (lettuce, tomato, carrot, grilled chkn) and Panera Balsamic dressing. I eat cereal for breakfast, and a normal dinner. I lost 12 lbs, and like you said, my joints are so much "uncreaky-er". I take Osteo Bi Flex, but I"m convinced the salads are the key.

I also LOVE watermelon and eat that a couple of times a week. I'll have to google these foods you mention

I will look it up. I have been trying to eat more salads for lunch and more simple soups.

DH and I really notice a difference in our joints when we avoid nightshade plants -- tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes. I imagine different people have different tolerance, but for us it's real.

My DS had to follow an anti-inflammatory diet for a medical issue he was having, and the doctor told him to avoid brown sodas (like Coke and root beer - regular or diet) because they can be inflammatory, fyi.

Dr Brooke Goldner and several other 'social media' doctors promote anti inflammatory diets for all sorts of autoimmune disorders.

Mainstream doctors are starting to pick up on these as they are proving beneficial to patients with clinical studies.

The American diet is too heavy on Omega 6s and lacking in Omega 3s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter