Any beaders/jewelers on this board - newbie here

I am so glad that you posted about beading. I have been toying with the idea of taking up this hobby.

I'm still accumulating "stuff" for beading and it's really addictive, fun, and getting a bit expensive :rotfl:

Finishing the piece seems to be my bane but I keep trying and I think I'm getting better at it. The other thing I keep doing is taking things apart and redoing them.

I got a Fire Mountain Gems catalog in the mail the other day and wow - there's so much in it - from the stones/beads and finishing material to pictures of jewelry. Even if you don't plan on ordering from them, get the catalog, it's worth it!

doxdogy said:
I am so glad that you posted about beading. I have been toying with the idea of taking up this hobby.

DoxDogy - be ready to become addicted! The only good side is that beads are small and you can get a LOT of them in a small space.

Check out firemountaingems.com - there should be an area on there to order a catalog. Beware, its the size of a phone book! But it will give you a good idea of what you would need, has project ideas and lots of cool things to buy at decent prices :)

I'm a beader, too! How exciting to find other people who are into Disney AND beading!! :cool1: Hmm... Now I have found a beading place on the Disney Forums... Not good! I really like working with polymer clay, too. I can make my own beads that way! :teeth:

Here are some of my favorite sites:

happymangobeads
eebeads
caravanbeads
bead-patterns - just to look at the pretty things people have made!
whimbeads - really neat tic-tac box type storage, good prices
beadedimages

Figures... Today is the only day I haven't carried around my beading notebook with all my sites written down. :rolleyes:

And these ebay stores have some neat things - as far as seed bead sets:
Beadgal
WHERE IT'S ALWAYS CHRISTMAS

glassattic is a good place for polymer clay things.

I would also love to join in a swap! I'm really new to the boards though. Do I have to have a certain number of posts or anything to join in the swap?? I think it would be so fun!

Hi Everyone!!! :)

I also adore beading. Some of my favorite beading magaines are Bead Style and Bead & Button. I am primarily into Swarovski crystals and lampwork beads right now, but may eventually move into complicated seed beading. My favorite site to buy beads is www.gspncrystal.com. They are the cheapest when it comes to Swarovski crystal beads.

DisneyDork712 said:
I'm a beader, too! How exciting to find other people who are into Disney AND beading!! :cool1: Hmm... Now I have found a beading place on the Disney Forums... Not good! I really like working with polymer clay, too. I can make my own beads that way! :teeth:

I would also love to join in a swap! I'm really new to the boards though. Do I have to have a certain number of posts or anything to join in the swap?? I think it would be so fun!

Hi Amanda! :wave:

I don't think you have to have a certain number of posts to swap...just a willingness for another addiction. :lmao: I started on the swaps with scrapbooking, and now I can't seem to stop! :confused3 :teeth:

*NikkiBell* said:
Hi Everyone!!! :)

I also adore beading. Some of my favorite beading magaines are Bead Style and Bead & Button. I am primarily into Swarovski crystals and lampwork beads right now, but may eventually move into complicated seed beading. My favorite site to buy beads is www.gspncrystal.com. They are the cheapest when it comes to Swarovski crystal beads.

OOOOOO...AHHHHHHH.....Thanks for sharing that site! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited now!! I've never done a swap before! My mom does scrapbooking swaps all the time and it looks like so much fun! I'm definately in if we do a swap!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

DisneyDork712 said:
Here are some of my favorite sites:

happymangobeads
eebeads
caravanbeads
bead-patterns - just to look at the pretty things people have made!
whimbeads - really neat tic-tac box type storage, good prices
beadedimages

Loved happymangobeads - thanks a lot for giving me another place to spend money :thumbsup2

I am new to beading. I started by crocheting a wire beaded necklace. Now that I have the proper tools I am getting a little better at it. I have been making bracelet bands for watches lately. I usually get my supplies at Michaels or some local stores - and Mary Maxim has started carrying a lot in store.

Here's a question. I have a tool for aiding one in putting on a bracelet. It is basically a stick with a aligator clip on the end. You hold the stick in the hand the bracelet is going on, clip the bracelet to it, then you can use the free hand to do up the clasp. I can't find it in any store again - has anyone else seen this anywhere?
I don't have a photo to post at this point, but I can later.

my mom does this she makes jewlery
and also beads those things you stitch with
she s really good at it
my gram does it to

I make beaded earrings. I was amazed at how easy it is! It's also alot better because I can make them how I want them to look and not settle for something in the store that I only kinda like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter