ANy good 4th of July dessert ideas?

mskay

Mouseketeer
We have a family get-together every fourth and we are in charge of bringing dessert. Any good, festive ideas? It takes about an hour to get where we're going so it really can't be anything that is frozen. Thanks

MsKay

then sliced strawberries and blueberries to look like an american flag......my sister in law does it and she lives over an hour away....she puts it in a cooler.......we also make home made ice cream in a crank style ice cream maker.......what fun....we also love all the fruits cut up and put in a big bowl.....strawberries......blueberries.....cantelope balls.....watermelon balls.....honey dew balls....grapes and cherries......no mess.......and eat it as is......delicious

Thanks, Pumba!

Love the flag idea. I think that is something that I will do! I can always count on you. I think I am going to make a section in my recipe holder entitled, "PUMBA":cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks a bunch,
MsKay

How about Berries and Stars?

There is a Pampered Chef recipe that has puff pastry, lemon ice box pie filling, and blueberries and strawberries on top with puffed stars. It's super easy to make. Here it is:

1 package (17.25 oz.) puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 container (8 oz.) cool whip, divided
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries

preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll one sheet of puff pastry into a 13X10" rectangle onto a 12X15" pan. Repeat with second sheet, rolling onto a floured surface. Cut four 1-inch thick strips lengthwise from second sheet. Reserve remaining dough for decoration. Brush edges of pastry with water. Lay strips of pastry over edges making an outer rim. Trim off excess dough. Prick pottom of pastry with fork. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Cut stars from remaining dough with a star shaped cookie cutter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Zest lemon; whisk together milk, lemon juice and zest. Fold in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Fill colled pastry shell with filling. Slie strawberries; arrange frut and pastry stars over filling. Garnish with remaining whipped topping.

16 servings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter