Any killer Car rental deals for October yet????

n2mm said:
Nope, nothing great. We leave next Saturday and I settled for National for $347 total for 2 weeks, intermediate price (Executive Aisle). I could've gone with Dollar and saved $40, but decided to stick with National this time. I'm guaranteed a full size on the Executive Aisle, so maybe I'll get lucky with a better than. There are only two of us, so no big deal either way. The rates are high all around, and don't think we're going to see any drops now. Actually, when I enter my info the price is higher now.

If this is a true EA reservation you are guranteed a midsize. Chances are decent you will get a full size, but EA is guranteed midsize only.

I used the entertainment contract code and the e code from national's site to get a rate of 186.65 for 8 days for a mid sized suv. This is emerald reserve. I had dollar at 176.02 but will gladly pay the difference to use national.

n2mm said:
Nope, nothing great. We leave next Saturday and I settled for National for $347 total for 2 weeks, intermediate price (Executive Aisle). I could've gone with Dollar and saved $40, but decided to stick with National this time. I'm guaranteed a full size on the Executive Aisle, so maybe I'll get lucky with a better than. There are only two of us, so no big deal either way. The rates are high all around, and don't think we're going to see any drops now. Actually, when I enter my info the price is higher now.
How sad are these rates??? I know it's been said before, but it is depressing! I can remember when I first learned about the transportation boards and I would read threads of people getting SUVs for $180s for a week. Now for 11 days I'm paying $360/total??? UGH! I will check on Tuesday, but I'm thinking there will be nothing for Orlando again. I thought it may be due to the conventions going on in October, but looking at all the other states on the "Hot Deals" the prices are right around the same amount. Well keep us all informed if you find something better! You have less than a week LUCKY YOU! 1 week from Monday for me...I can't wait!

salbythec said:
I used the entertainment contract code and the e code from national's site to get a rate of 186.65 for 8 days for a mid sized suv. This is emerald reserve. I had dollar at 176.02 but will gladly pay the difference to use national.
That really does seem like a great price. I have a full size SUV for almost $200 more for 11 days. I must recheck my pricing! When did you book your rate?

CarolA said:
If this is a true EA reservation you are guranteed a midsize. Chances are decent you will get a full size, but EA is guranteed midsize only.

We are Executive Aisle not Emerald Aisle. With Executive Aisle (the next level up from Emerald Aisle) you pay the price of an intermediate car and but choose from the Executive Aisle which guarantees nothing smaller than full size. (Sort of like the Emerald Aisle guarantee you intermediate size). We have been Executive Aisle for 2 years now, but will be losing that status next year and dropping back to Emerald Aisle as we did not rent from National for 40 days or more in 2006. Granted we were in WDW more than 40 days, but because the rates were too high we had to rent from other companies.

mommy*RN said:
That really does seem like a great price. I have a full size SUV for almost $200 more for 11 days. I must recheck my pricing! When did you book your rate?

Yesterday morning (sunday) pixie dust to getting your price lower!!!

salbythec said:
Yesterday morning (sunday) pixie dust to getting your price lower!!!

That is a good price, too bad I don't have the entertainment membership to use this code. We have been using the EA code of 5007125 or 5190257, as they seem to be the only one getting a decent rate for us. Is there any other codes for the public I should know about. I also tried 5000304, but that rate was higher -- that's the walmart code.

salbythec said:

Got the same exact rate as above for next Friday (20th) pick up at 10:30am and drop off the following Friday (27th) at 3:30pm.
I booked earlier this morning (Monday).

I used the entertainment book contract i.d. 5000662, and a National e-coupon for $25 (coupon code ND9172JDF)
The link for the $25 coupon was from Mousesavers. I didn't see it on National's site.
Here's the link: National $25 Coupon

One concern for me is that the $25 coupon states that it "may not be combined with any other discounts". Has anyone run into any problems?

Our rental is Emerald Reserve, so I'm thinking we'll be fine at the exit booth, but just curious...

Thanks,
Mark

Mark P. said:
Got the same exact rate as above for next Friday (20th) pick up at 10:30am and drop off the following Friday (27th) at 3:30pm.
I booked earlier this morning (Monday).

I used the entertainment book contract i.d. 5000662, and a National e-coupon for $25 (coupon code ND9172JDF)
The link for the $25 coupon was from Mousesavers. I didn't see it on National's site.
Here's the link: National $25 Coupon

One concern for me is that the $25 coupon states that it "may not be combined with any other discounts". Has anyone run into any problems?

Our rental is Emerald Reserve, so I'm thinking we'll be fine at the exit booth, but just curious...

Thanks,
Mark

All the coupons I just looked at in my entertainment book say that same thing. People combine those all the time. I did post on another thread about the question of using the entertaiment contract code though with the national code. The response I got was it should be fine.We are emerald reserve as well. I am curious as well if anyone as done this combo before. :confused3

I don't think contract ID's constitute a "discount". I could be wrong (and please don't flame me if I am), but IMO a contract code is a specific rate that is given to various groups and organizations to promote both National and the Group...I really don't think there will be a problem using a coupon with a contract code.

The ND coupon that the pp mentioned is on National's website...just click on their deals section and it is the $25 off coupon.

I will definitely be using that coupon with a contract code and I know people here have in the past without problem.

I hope this helps!

n2mm said:
That is a good price, too bad I don't have the entertainment membership to use this code. We have been using the EA code of 5007125 or 5190257, as they seem to be the only one getting a decent rate for us. Is there any other codes for the public I should know about. I also tried 5000304, but that rate was higher -- that's the walmart code.
Are the above codes for anyone with EA to use? My rate just dropped using the 5190257 code. I'm an EA member...

Thanks for posting the codes!

n2mm said:
How funny! Both 5190257 AND 5000304 dropped my rate just over $30...yet the Walmart code was higher for you. There really is no method to the madness! Let's all keep our fingers crossed for tomorrows new rates...though I think what I have now is really going to be the best. $327.16/total for a full-size SUV for 11 days.

mommy*RN said:
How funny! Both 5190257 AND 5000304 dropped my rate just over $30...yet the Walmart code was higher for you. There really is no method to the madness! Let's all keep our fingers crossed for tomorrows new rates...though I think what I have now is really going to be the best. $327.16/total for a full-size SUV for 11 days.

That is funny how a day or so will make the difference. The Walmart code (5000304) gives me the same rate, but the others take an additional 10% off the price and the walmart one does not. If I used the entertainment code, it gives me a lower price for the suv, but we are sticking with Executive Aisle in hopes of something different. The last time we used ExAisle we got a premium car that was loaded--I think a Buick. My daughter leaves Sunday the 22 to the 27th and I have a suv reserved for her, but none of the codes gives her any additional percent off. I think it's because she is not staying a Saturday night stay. She has a suv for $206 total using the $25 coupon. I leave on Saturday, so will be checking until the last minute.

salbythec said:

I booked the suv because it was less then the intermediate but this morning the intermediate (EA) is less so now I booked that using the entertainment contract code 5002413 and coupon 10009689 ( from the web site) 179.71 :cool1:
And the SUV has gone up!

Ugh!
National is still over $50 more than my Dollar reservation. I will keep trying. Maybe it will go down once we're closer to departure.

No Orlando for the new Hot Deals dates...again. Guess I will keep checking my dates and crossing my fingers!

mommy*RN said:
No Orlando for the new Hot Deals dates...again. Guess I will keep checking my dates and crossing my fingers!

If you're ticker is correct, it looks like you're running out of time. Oh well, maybe next time we'll get a good deal! Can't win them all.

n2mm said:
If you're ticker is correct, it looks like you're running out of time. Oh well, maybe next time we'll get a good deal! Can't win them all.
Yup, time has pretty much run out for us! We leave on Monday! :banana: I see you leave on Sunday? Cool! Are you doing MNSSHP? We go the 23rd. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I just hope everything runs smoothly...

mommy*RN said:
Yup, time has pretty much run out for us! We leave on Monday! :banana: I see you leave on Sunday? Cool! Are you doing MNSSHP? We go the 23rd. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I just hope everything runs smoothly...

Actually we leave on Saturday, but HAD to add that day after my ticker started. (Couldn't get a good flight time on Sunday, so HAVE to come in the night before...teehee). We are doing the party on the 24th. We are at Pop the first night, then move to the WLV for 12 nights and the family is joining us the following weekend. Can't wait, only two more days to work!

I didn't read the whole thread but I used promo code Kiss2 with dollar and got a great rate for a minivan for 10 days at the end of Oct. $344 with tax for 10 days. I thought that was pretty good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter