any measurements of Kidani AKL pool versus Stormalong Bay?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
The artists rendering pics are amazing of this new pool, I cannot wait to try it out. Has anyone heard exactly how big it will be, as opposed to SAB? Or is there just no comparison?

I can field this one since I used to wonder the same thing. Jambo House pool is 11,000 Square feet according to Disney.

In my AKV paperwork, it states that the feature pool at Kidani Village will be 5,000 square feet. This is the approximate size of High Rock Springs pool at Saratoga Springs.

Hope this helps.

okay, thanks. Now does anyone know the sq. footage of SAB?

Sorry Jillpie, I checked again the pool at Jambo House is actually 11,000 square feet. Kidani Village remains at 5,000 Square feet. I do not know what Storm Along bay comes in at, but It is by far the largest pool on property.

Have found reference on Google to 35000 sq ft for SAB :eek: that is huge!

Claire ;)

ok, wow. thanks for looking that up, didn't know google would have it! That surprises me, I thought I read that Kidani pool will be in comparison to SAB?

I had no idea that the pool at AKL was that big, 2x the size of SSR's HRS? That is pretty darn big. I may just have stay at AKV one time and check that out one day:thumbsup2 .

I think there is some confusion here. The actual pool at Storm-A-Long Bay is way bigger than the pool at Kidani Village. The X factor will be the other amenities of the pool compex. Kidani is going to have water play areas, water play activities, water playgrounds, etc. Storm-A-Long Bay does not sport these features.

Storm-A-Long Bay has a lazy river, a shipwreck, a beach, and sand bottom pools.

I'd be curious what the size of the Kidani pool complex will be versus SAB? Just comparing the pool sizes may not tell the whole story.

I *think* I remember Samantha Brown (travel channel ) saying SAB was 3 acres (that includes the chairs, etc.).

I think there is some confusion here. The actual pool at Storm-A-Long Bay is way bigger than the pool at Kidani Village. The X factor will be the other amenities of the pool compex. Kidani is going to have water play areas, water play activities, water playgrounds, etc. Storm-A-Long Bay does not sport these features.

Storm-A-Long Bay has a lazy river, a shipwreck, a beach, and sand bottom pools.

I'd be curious what the size of the Kidani pool complex will be versus SAB? Just comparing the pool sizes may not tell the whole story.

where did you see this information, and can you be more specific about the water play activities and water playgrounds, what exactly is that?

where did you see this information, and can you be more specific about the water play activities and water playgrounds, what exactly is that?

From DVC member website:
Uwanja Camp
Climb elevated-rope bridges, dash through geyser jets, or relax in the waterfall lagoon or beneath the shade of the camp cabanas in this village playground themed as an animal observation site known as Uwanja Camp — uwanja means "play area." Explore three distinct zones in this children's interactive water-play area — the base camp, the departure zone and the observation station; each area has its own character and activities for age-specific groups.

Pool info:
Samawati Springs Pool
Cool off in this zero-entry pool that features a 128-ft. long water slide. Take relaxation to a whole new level in one of the two whirlpool spas near the main pool, or refresh at Maji Pool Bar.

From disneyvactionclub.com:
Check out the preview video:
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVLandingPage

Also, speaking with my guide and other DVC salepeople I've been told of these areas. There will be interactive water play areas and playgrounds for age specific children and adults. I've been told by all of them that this pool complex will be "awesome"! I know that is subjective information, but I liked hearing it.

Here's some pics of the artists renderings:

vlcsnap-63558.png

vlcsnap-63170.png

vlcsnap-62427.png

vlcsnap-62295.png

vlcsnap-13322.png

Great pictures of Kidani's pool area. Never seen them before. Our guide described the pool area as a mini-water park and that seems like a fair description. Looking at these drawings though, it really doesn't look like too many rooms will actually have a pool view.

Pilferk, thank you for those pics, I've never seen those before! Now I wonder if adults are going to be able to go on those slides from pool to pool, do you think thats just for kids? that looks like a blast!

Thanks Pilferk..I had forgotten about those photos. That definately helps clarify it.

Pilferk, thank you for those pics, I've never seen those before! Now I wonder if adults are going to be able to go on those slides from pool to pool, do you think thats just for kids? that looks like a blast!

Those aren't pools you are looking at. It's an overhead view of a watertower-like structures in the play area. They are connected by some sort of wooden trough. The only slide is at the main pool.

I have to admit, I kinda wish DVC had gone with a larger standard pool rather than taking up real estate with the large play area. I've done a side-by-side comparison with the SSR pool (to scale) and AKV's will be about 20% smaller. Just take a look at pool rendering in pilferk's post. I count about 28 people in the pool and things are already starting to get a little tight, IMO.

Those aren't pools you are looking at. It's an overhead view of a watertower-like structures in the play area. They are connected by some sort of wooden trough. The only slide is at the main pool.

I have to admit, I kinda wish DVC had gone with a larger standard pool rather than taking up real estate with the large play area. I've done a side-by-side comparison with the SSR pool (to scale) and AKV's will be about 20% smaller. Just take a look at pool rendering in pilferk's post. I count about 28 people in the pool and things are already starting to get a little tight, IMO.

Oh that's not good if the scale to scale thing you are looking at is accurate. I think the SSR pool is way too small for that size resort (main pool).

It's a fair point.

One thing to keep in mind is that Kidani's pool will only "support" about 300 units, so that will help a bit, in comparison to SSR's much larger #.. Though you can also point out it won't have the "quiet pools" that SSR does, either, so should probably have a LARGER pool, since it will be the only one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter