Any reason NOT to do online check-in?

If you have a RO reservation *and* they know a CC (either by OCI or if you told them otherwise), there is an automated process that might charges you overnight. If you intend paying by a gift card, I would suggest you do not do OCI (or at least do not fill the CC details, though I don't know if this is possible).

Note that you can alwasy ask the frontdesk to revert the CC charges, and use a gift card, but this can be tedious (and if your CC company does not allow you to make much spending on a month, that may be a pain to deal with).
Thanks. At the moment, they don't appear to have a CC on file for this reservation, but I think OCI requires you to provide a CC (and there's no option to provide a GC as payment). I'm going to have to stop by the Customs House to hand over the GC anyway, so I think I'll just wait 'til we get there to check-in.

Are either of you trying to use a browser on your phone by chance? I noticed this morning when I tried to do online check in on the browser on my phone it did that but if I went to the browser on the computer the choices were there.
So strange....I was on a desktop, and it didn't work for like 30 min....I kept trying every 10 min or so, and it finally worked!

Though I am not impressed with the room request options, I liked the old list of like 15 things you could choose from....I know I am not in a preferred room at Sports, but gosh darnit, can't I request to not be at the VERY END of a building where I have to walk a mile to get to the buses? haha (looking at a map, its like a MAJOR difference from one end to another of a building-we have been lucky to be in surf's up and touchdown the last 2 times)

So strange....I was on a desktop, and it didn't work for like 30 min....I kept trying every 10 min or so, and it finally worked!

Though I am not impressed with the room request options, I liked the old list of like 15 things you could choose from....I know I am not in a preferred room at Sports, but gosh darnit, can't I request to not be at the VERY END of a building where I have to walk a mile to get to the buses? haha (looking at a map, its like a MAJOR difference from one end to another of a building-we have been lucky to be in surf's up and touchdown the last 2 times)

I've never been a fan of the room request options during Online Check In. I've always preferred to call them in.

Yeah, I use Touring Plans for our room requests and just complete online check in on Disney's site for the sake of doing it. And getting the ability to indicate if I want a room early, or not if we don't. Since getting that box requires a request of some sort I can usually find something that fits our request like floor

I hated the way they laid out the All-Stars. Depending on where you end up, you can end up having to hump your bags a pretty long ways and the elevators are all on the pool side rather than towards the parking lots. Definitely going to see if they'll let me request ground floor near the parking lot if I make another reservation.

I see ground floor as a request, but not a side of a building......the options I saw for standard room was Hoops Hotel, Center Court, Home Run, Ground Floor, Highest Floor, and Near Elevator....anything else looks like we will have to call :)

This seems like a good place to ask this question. I have a room only reservation. Paid for the deposit with a gift card. I plan to pay for the balance of the room with another gift card. If I do online check-in, can I still pay for the balance with a gift card, either at the time of online check-in or at the time we arrive (which will be close to midnight, as we are driving down after work), or will they automatically charge the balance to a credit card?
If you want to use your GCs to payoff the balance, you will need to do this before your check-in day. If you use online check-in they will charge the remaining balance to the CC on file at around 6AM on the day of check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter