Any rumor or news that WDW may get Frozen Land?

BingandNelsonFan

Mouseketeer
I don't keep up much with the news for the International Disney parks and only just read about the Frozen Land additions coming to Paris, HK and Tokyo. I've tried searching here, but Frozen brings up a lot of threads! Is there any rumor or news that the Frozen Land may come to WDW?

I don't keep up much with the news for the International Disney parks and only just read about the Frozen Land additions coming to Paris, HK and Tokyo. I've tried searching here, but Frozen brings up a lot of threads! Is there any rumor or news that the Frozen Land may come to WDW?

Not that I am aware of. There is talk of an MK expansion out behind Big Thunder, but the rumors have leaned more havily toward Encanto or Coco, not Frozen.

Last edited:
Given the demographics of Fl and visitors. I'd expect Coco or Encanto as well.
I'm good either way theme wise, food and snack wise I definitely lean Coco.

Feels like a long shot for WDW, it seems that they're happy with Norway being the only major Frozen representation at the parks as it gives parents with younger kids more of a reason to go to EPCOT.

Not saying EPCOT isn't great but people who don't know as much about Disney as us are going to focus on the other 3 primarily because they "look" more child driven.

A Frozen land at WDW has not been confirmed or even rumored about. Disney seems content with Norway being the retrofitted "Frozen land". I do hope that Frozen Ever After gets the animatronics that the lands in Hong Kong and Tokyo are getting. The screen face ones are awful and cheap looking in comparison.

A Frozen land at WDW has not been confirmed or even rumored about. Disney seems content with Norway being the retrofitted "Frozen land". I do hope that Frozen Ever After gets the animatronics that the lands in Hong Kong and Tokyo are getting. The screen face ones are awful and cheap looking in comparison.

Thanks! It does make sense about Norway and all . . . though the Frozen Castle sure looks cool! Along those same lines, though, I think Encanto and Coco would be repetitive in that way. Mexico in EPCOT is already a popular spot and gives off a real Coco feel. They could redo the ride in there to Coco or Encanto and save a lot, as far as building a whole new section. And getting people into EPCOT is a great idea.

Thanks! It does make sense about Norway and all . . . though the Frozen Castle sure looks cool! Along those same lines, though, I think Encanto and Coco would be repetitive in that way. Mexico in EPCOT is already a popular spot and gives off a real Coco feel. They could redo the ride in there to Coco or Encanto and save a lot, as far as building a whole new section. And getting people into EPCOT is a great idea.
During really busy times, there can be a line to get into the Mexico pyramid. I've seen it go into the middle of Norway and towards China on the last day of Food and Wine. I can't even imagine how insane those lines would be if a Coco ride replaced Three Caballeros. I think logistically it would make more sense to have Coco be its own land behind Big Thunder Mountain in MK, even if theming wise it fits the Mexico pavilion better.

During really busy times, there can be a line to get into the Mexico pyramid. I've seen it go into the middle of Norway and towards China on the last day of Food and Wine. I can't even imagine how insane those lines would be if a Coco ride replaced Three Caballeros. I think logistically it would make more sense to have Coco be its own land behind Big Thunder Mountain in MK, even if theming wise it fits the Mexico pavilion better.
I'm with the Coco in Mexico crowd. I want something unique behind BTM, so either Villains or Hercules or something different that isn't from a recent movie. Hell I think a Rescuers land that based on Australia or the Bayou that ties into Tiana's wouldn't be a bad mix of that area.

I think they’d have to create a new entranceway and queue to the ride and I’m not going to begin to speculate if that’s doable.

In any case I suspect AK is going to be the higher priority for the next few years. Not sure about MK, although there are recent rumors of an expansion and Frozen hasn’t been mentioned for it.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has replaced the Frozen package with Encanto. Don’t think they are planning anything big for Frozen in the near or distant future in WDW

I think they’d have to create a new entranceway and queue to the ride and I’m not going to begin to speculate if that’s doable.

In any case I suspect AK is going to be the higher priority for the next few years. Not sure about MK, although there are recent rumors of an expansion and Frozen hasn’t been mentioned for it.
Just doing a quick look from the overhead view, and it's a hard fit, if they took over the 1st aid center they could gain some space for the pavillion, otherwise, we're talking about wedging a building between Test Track, and the cast building that services all the CM uniforms/lockers etc, and I don't think they're in any hurry to move that just to gain an acre or 2 of space.

Just doing a quick look from the overhead view, and it's a hard fit, if they took over the 1st aid center they could gain some space for the pavillion, otherwise, we're talking about wedging a building between Test Track, and the cast building that services all the CM uniforms/lockers etc, and I don't think they're in any hurry to move that just to gain an acre or 2 of space.
I didn’t mention in my post, maybe I should have, but when this idea first came up my first thought was “it’s a no brainer to do this”, but as it keeps coming up that thought has become “it’s a no brainer to do this and there’s probably a good reason why they haven’t”.

There are a number of really, really fun things they have done at the international parks that we might never see replicated in WDW or DL. Frozen, DisneySea, and would love for the Shanghai version of Pirates to come to the US - it's absolutely amazing. But I don't see any of those new attractions coming to the US anytime soon.

There are a number of really, really fun things they have done at the international parks that we might never see replicated in WDW or DL. Frozen, DisneySea, and would love for the Shanghai version of Pirates to come to the US - it's absolutely amazing. But I don't see any of those new attractions coming to the US anytime soon.
I think part of that is patent laws, or contracts that give exclusivity to HK for a number of years is my guess. I would love to see the Shanghai pirates track get reused for an entirely different type of experience similar to Dinosaur/Indiana Jones. Personally, I'm hoping for maybe an escape themed ride, or maybe a Moana raft themed one.

That’s sounds like a good idea for a renovation of Blizzard Beach.

They already added it to the kid section of BB. It's cute:

Blizzard-Beach-2.jpg
WDW-Blizzard-Beach-Tikes-Peak-Frozen-11.jpg

No rumors of Frozen at any of the WDW theme parks. At this point, I think we're a long way off from another Magic Kingdom expansion. Replacing Dinoland or expanding Pixar at Studios are the two rumors I've seen.

There is land behind the Sommerhus where Anna and Elsa meet. You could build a Coco expansion down the service path where sombrero Donald currently meets, similar to what they did with Remy's. I agree that trying to cram more people into the Pyramid would be a disaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter