Any tricky CP interview questions?

I just got off the phone and there was one I hadn't seen before...

"What challenges do you think might arise from living with people of diverse cultural backgrounds?"

Yep, that's a mandatory question that each and every interviewee gets in some form or another

Hmmm, let me see. When I interviewed, I actually interviewed for performer (since that was first choice). But if I had to guess, I would think:
*closing the line
*helping a guest find a specific character
*explaining why certain characters don't talk
*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?

If I can think of anymore I will post them. Good luck with your interview.
I'm not going to be interviewing for a while but I'm already starting to prepare and thinking of putting character attendant as my third choice but I'm just wondering...how would you answer these?:confused::confused3:headache:

I'm not going to be interviewing for a while but I'm already starting to prepare and thinking of putting character attendant as my third choice but I'm just wondering...how would you answer these?:confused::confused3:headache:

*closing the line- I get this one the most. If the character is coming back later (for example, they are leaving to go to the parade), I tell the guest that ___ will be back at ___, and they should make sure to get to the spot early. However, if the character is done for the day, I appologize and explain that ___ is done for the day. And if there are any other characters out in the park, I tell the guest that.

*helping a guest find a specific character- character locations are listed in the tell-a-cast, so the character attendant can use those to help. Also, there is a hotline to call to look for a specific character. I would direct guests to a merchandise location with a phone (or guest relations) to have them call the hotline.

*explaining why certain characters don't talk- I didn't get this one very often. But I would tell the guest that the characters don't speak because they are saving their voices for the parade/show/ect.

*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?- for me, this depends on the age of the guest. If it's a little kid, or someone that doesn't know any better, I would tell them that they want to be gentle with ____, and that they don't want to hurt them. But if it's an adult, or someone who does know better, I would tell them that they need to cut that out now.

I just got done with my phone interview, and there was one question that had me stumped:

If you were doing a task that was repetitive, how would you keep yourself interested in it?

I told my interviewer that I honestly didn't know. She explained to me that in Attractions, you might have to say the same spiel over and over again. I replied with something along the lines of "If I'm doing it with other people and for other people, then it would help keep me excited." . . . Don't think I'll be getting Attractions, but I guess you never know.

I got that question as well. My answer was something like this:
"I think you'd need to come up with a way to make it entertaining. It doesn't have to be anything outward, in can be internal. Say you have to push the same series of buttons over and over. I would make up a little song inside my head about the order they need to be pushed in, so that I'm keeping things interesting, but still focused on what needs to be done."

I'm still not sure if thats a good answer or not, but I did get accepted for attractions FA 2010 at DLR :cool1:

*closing the line- I get this one the most. If the character is coming back later (for example, they are leaving to go to the parade), I tell the guest that ___ will be back at ___, and they should make sure to get to the spot early. However, if the character is done for the day, I appologize and explain that ___ is done for the day. And if there are any other characters out in the park, I tell the guest that.

*helping a guest find a specific character- character locations are listed in the tell-a-cast, so the character attendant can use those to help. Also, there is a hotline to call to look for a specific character. I would direct guests to a merchandise location with a phone (or guest relations) to have them call the hotline.

*explaining why certain characters don't talk- I didn't get this one very often. But I would tell the guest that the characters don't speak because they are saving their voices for the parade/show/ect.

*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?- for me, this depends on the age of the guest. If it's a little kid, or someone that doesn't know any better, I would tell them that they want to be gentle with ____, and that they don't want to hurt them. But if it's an adult, or someone who does know better, I would tell them that they need to cut that out now.
Thank you so much. :D

For anyone who's done the web interview, what are the questions like and how much time do we have? I've heard it's timed. :confused3

I haven't taken it myself but was in the room when my friend did it. Not all of it is timed, only a certain section. It asks questions about how you work with others and your work ethic. Some of the responses go from strongly disagree --> strongly agree, but others have specific responses to choose from. For example, the questions might say something like, "If you see another cast member doing a job wrong, you..." a) approach and correct them b) tell a leader 3) ignore it 4) show by example. That's not the actual question BUT the questions are along those lines. The other types of question were along the lines of, "I am easily stressed out" -SD, D, N, A, SA.

I think the response times were around 40 seconds for some, 20 seconds for others, but don't quote me on it. My friend passed with no problems but made sure to put strong answers (SA or SD) for most.

Hope this helps!

I haven't taken it myself but was in the room when my friend did it. Not all of it is timed, only a certain section. It asks questions about how you work with others and your work ethic. Some of the responses go from strongly disagree --> strongly agree, but others have specific responses to choose from. For example, the questions might say something like, "If you see another cast member doing a job wrong, you..." a) approach and correct them b) tell a leader 3) ignore it 4) show by example. That's not the actual question BUT the questions are along those lines. The other types of question were along the lines of, "I am easily stressed out" -SD, D, N, A, SA.

I think the response times were around 40 seconds for some, 20 seconds for others, but don't quote me on it. My friend passed with no problems but made sure to put strong answers (SA or SD) for most.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!! Ah the example you gave freaks me out. I'd better start thinking of what I'd do in that situation. I'm going to be so pissed at myself if I don't get a phone interview.

Thank you for everyone who has posted! I have my interview Friday at 1pm. Thanks to all your questions and responses I feel more confident about my interview!

Personally, I don't think that it would be a big deal. You should put a positive spin on it. You will be seeing all of the Disney magic with wide eyes, taking in the excitement and joy just as a small child would have.

If I say that I've never been to Disney, will that be a big factor?

I don't think that would be a factor at all, a few friends that I met on my first program had never been to Disney before and they turned into regular disney experts in no time.

Just got done, I think it went fairly well! She didn't ask about me visiting Disney, but did want to know about my past work experience (how I dealt with a challenging customer, how did I make a customer's day) etc., which is pretty limited since I've only had one job at Subway. But other than that, I didn't get too nervous, she was so friendly!

Just got done, I think it went fairly well! She didn't ask about me visiting Disney, but did want to know about my past work experience (how I dealt with a challenging customer, how did I make a customer's day) etc., which is pretty limited since I've only had one job at Subway. But other than that, I didn't get too nervous, she was so friendly!

I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I have mine on Saturday. I'm actually really nervous because I haven't worked in like 6 months since I left my full time job to return to college. I think my biggest concern is the rooming situation because I'm 27 and don't want to be roomed with anyone under 21 mainly because I don't want to be held responsible for anyone drinking or anything if they shouldn't be. I assume they do their best to try and room people within similar age ranges together. Anyways, I really hope it goes well because I love Disney World and feel like a kid still whenver I go. I actually called into work sick last summer to take a 3 day trip down to visit my family when they were there for the week...lol. Cost a pretty penny but I have no regrets.

They'll probably ask you more about the living situation because you're a little older, but she only asked what I would do if I had a really messy roommate.

I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I have mine on Saturday. I'm actually really nervous because I haven't worked in like 6 months since I left my full time job to return to college. I think my biggest concern is the rooming situation because I'm 27 and don't want to be roomed with anyone under 21 mainly because I don't want to be held responsible for anyone drinking or anything if they shouldn't be. I assume they do their best to try and room people within similar age ranges together. Anyways, I really hope it goes well because I love Disney World and feel like a kid still whenver I go. I actually called into work sick last summer to take a 3 day trip down to visit my family when they were there for the week...lol. Cost a pretty penny but I have no regrets.

Unless you want to, Disney will automatically put you in an apartment with other 21+ people. If you're accepted and still feel awkward about rooming with others much younger than you are, you can try to find your own roommate online; who is about the same age as you are. But 27 doesn't old to me at all!

Unless you want to, Disney will automatically put you in an apartment with other 21+ people. If you're accepted and still feel awkward about rooming with others much younger than you are, you can try to find your own roommate online; who is about the same age as you are. But 27 doesn't old to me at all!

Thanks, well I'll be 28 at the end of October, not that it makes a difference really. I read on different internet forums of some people saying they got roomed with men or women that were in their 30's and 40's and it was a little weird. I'm not even in my 30's yet so I think I'm probably just over thinking it....lol. I do that sometimes. Age isn't much of a big deal. When I was 26 I worked with a young guy who was 20 and we actually became pretty good friends before he went into the army.

does anyone know any questions they might ask if you have PhotoPass Photographer in your list? its my second choice

I believe kind of like the other roles like BBB and lifeguard they just want to know about you experience. They probably ask about what you've done with photography etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter