Any word on Royal extending lift and shift?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
With cruises cancelled into April has anyone heard whether Royal will extend opportunities to lift and shift? Currently only able to until Jan 31, and only able shift to April 2022 at the latest.

No word. Maybe with the next set of cancellations (which I'm assuming will happen)?
Obviously we don't know, but as long as they keep having to postpone the start up, I imagine they will extent Lift and Shift. My issue is that we've already done some Lift & Shifts and so can't do that a second time.

Just heard the other day that lift and shift is only going away as an option for people who choose to cancel. If Royal cancels your cruise, lift and shift is still an option.

Just heard the other day that lift and shift is only going away as an option for people who choose to cancel. If Royal cancels your cruise, lift and shift is still an option.

This is exactly the case. My cruise was cancelled by Royal, I was able to Lift and Shift to the same week next year even though it passed the April 2022 deadline. However, they no longer allow a 4 week window, I had to pick the same week or one week on either side. Lost one port and a cool cabin placement, but at least I can still see Alaska at Covid sale prices!

My Sept cruise is $2000 cheaper than the equivalent one next Sept. Good to know L&S is still possible then.

My Sept cruise is $2000 cheaper than the equivalent one next Sept. Good to know L&S is still possible then.

Yep, as long as Royal cancels it, you will be able to lift & shift it to next year...Unless they change the rules again before then! :-)

Do we know if this applies to cruises that have already, been Lift & Shifted once? We used L&S to move our July 2020-July 2021. If that cancels, we'd much rather move it to 2022 than get our money back. Any similar cruise will likely cost twice what we paid when we originally booked it in Feb 2019!

I am also torn on what to do with our obc. We have a huge 125% credit from planner purchases that expires Dec 2021. It is enough to easily cover all of our dining drinks and internet for all 5 of us. I have not yet applied it to our July 2021 cruise. If I do, then RCI cancels the cruise, will the clock reset? I don't think we can reschedule to before April 2022, def not Dec 2021. If they let me take the refund now, I'll lose $400 from the extra 25%, if that is even an option. I trust them to make it right somehow, just so hard to figure out what options we may have.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter