Anyone been at Pearson Toronto lately?

Went through T3 to US yesterday around 8:30. Took about 10-15 minutes for us through NEXUS/Global Entry. Regular Lines didn't seem too long for standard customs, but I'd estimate that it was about 30 min total if you went the normal route (security and customs). Put another way, that's about the same amount of time you'd spend waiting in line at the Starbucks at T3 US.

Currently at Pearson. Check in in airCanada was fine. Used the machine. The line for customs was insane. For reference I was checkin in around 5:15am. I have global entry so it was nice and quick and was thru customs at 5:50am. The normal customs line inside was horrible too.

Edit to add this was T1.
We are here now as well,,T1,,but flying first to Van, and switch in Van...130pm flight here at 915am, wife wanted extra early, sailed thru,,sitting at gate 940am...so just hanging for a few hours now.
Hope Van US customs not toi bad.

Flew out of Pearson into Dublin on the 10th and just landed an hour ago. Zero issues either way. No delays, no hassles. We only used carry on luggage though. We were terminal 3. I think it’s definitely a matter of what time of day or day of the week it is.

I can confirm that major European airports are experiencing much worse delays and luggage problems right now. It’s all over their news. When we arrived we walked by a sea of unclaimed luggage in Dublin. Clearly from days and days of being lost.

Google some of the pictures out of London Gatwick this last week. A lot of European airports have started asking the airlines not to sell anymore tickets until September !

Definitely an industry wide issue.

We will be landing at Pearson on Aug 7 from Orlando. Have 3.5 hours to our connection. It will be what it will be but I am curious about the random covid testing which is now offsite. Like if anyone with a connecting flight is randomly selected they are pretty much guaranteed to miss their connection with needing to actually exit the airport. Seems really insane to me. Or am I just not understanding this and maybe you can do your test at your final destination? I'd love to hear experiences from anyone who gets randomly selected how this went for them.

We will be landing at Pearson on Aug 7 from Orlando. Have 3.5 hours to our connection. It will be what it will be but I am curious about the random covid testing which is now offsite. Like if anyone with a connecting flight is randomly selected they are pretty much guaranteed to miss their connection with needing to actually exit the airport. Seems really insane to me. Or am I just not understanding this and maybe you can do your test at your final destination? I'd love to hear experiences from anyone who gets randomly selected how this went for them.
I was worried about that too, but they will send you an email notification telling you where or how to test when you get home. So you won't have to conduct your test in say, Toronto. We're in Victoria, so I was really worried about that too.

Flew out of Pearson into Dublin on the 10th and just landed an hour ago. Zero issues either way. No delays, no hassles. We only used carry on luggage though. We were terminal 3. I think it’s definitely a matter of what time of day or day of the week it is.

I can confirm that major European airports are experiencing much worse delays and luggage problems right now. It’s all over their news. When we arrived we walked by a sea of unclaimed luggage in Dublin. Clearly from days and days of being lost.

Google some of the pictures out of London Gatwick this last week. A lot of European airports have started asking the airlines not to sell anymore tickets until September !

Definitely an industry wide issue.

If you have a connection in Europe, KLM is not letting you check-in luggage today. https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/20...uggage-for-amsterdam-transits-on-may-21-2022/

I was worried about that too, but they will send you an email notification telling you where or how to test when you get home. So you won't have to conduct your test in say, Toronto. We're in Victoria, so I was really worried about that too.
From what I read - as PP said, you get an email notification shortly after arriving at your final destination, with your choice of several in-person locations, as well as a virtual option. The process is a pain, but it seems at least that they're doing what they can to make it as convenient as possible 🤷‍♀️

My in laws arrived yesterday from El Salvador. No issues with luggage. From plane to driving home it took about 45 min. No mention of any Covid testing.

Anyone have any current trip experiences connecting through Toronto. We were able to hook a DVC Week Sep 30-Oct 7th so making last minute plans. Looks like in order to make it affordable we have to use Miles to fly with A/C connecting in Toronto from Calgary.
We have NEXUS etc..
Anybody with some recent insight would be much appreciated as we have until tonight to confirm or cancel the week.
TIA!!!

Anyone have any current trip experiences connecting through Toronto. We were able to hook a DVC Week Sep 30-Oct 7th so making last minute plans. Looks like in order to make it affordable we have to use Miles to fly with A/C connecting in Toronto from Calgary.
We have NEXUS etc..
Anybody with some recent insight would be much appreciated as we have until tonight to confirm or cancel the week.
TIA!!!
Not sure what the luggage situation is but I'd try to go all carry-on if you can.

DS went to Dominican today. Went 4 hours early just in case. Went through to the gate in 10 min.

We have NEXUS etc..
TIA!!!

No luggage issues for us two weeks ago when arriving at Pearson. Flight was delayed on departure for about 30 minutes. AC lounge was packed due to several delays.

Arrived from US on Monday on United. Super quick through immigration (I do have Nexus but the other line looked short too) and luggage actually came pretty quickly.

We have decided that with all the issues surrounding Air Canada and Pearson we are only taking “carry on” luggage!
:flower:

Last edited:
Went through T1 International last night. Probably about 25 minutes from door to lounge (and a lot of that is the long walk to the international gates). I did use the priority check-in and NEXUS security lane (even though I wasn’t actually using NEXUS).

Lounges (Signature Suite and Maple Leaf) were both super crowded and the line to get into the Plaza Premium lounge (I think that is the right name) was long. And the gates areas and lines for stores/counter services all looked really long. As above, due to delayed fights (including mine).

AC got my luggage to my final destination at the same time it got me there :)

We leave two weeks from tomorrow at 7am. Flying with Air Canada. We are 2 adults travelling with just carry-on luggage. What time should we be at the airport?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter