• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else done the shamu dinner??

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
There has to be more than just one person that has done this Dine with Shamu???? Come on people, lets here those reviews.
THANKS!!!!!!:Pinkbounc

we did the dine with shamu dinner last weekend. the food was ok (buffet style) but the entertainment was excellent. i can't believe how close we were to shamu. they had 3 whales in the pool and they were swmming around and playing. it was so neat. the trainers did a few tricks with them, talked about the whales and then circulated to answer questions. i got a ton of great pictures. it was raining but the eating area is covered so no worries there. definitely worth the $$$. if you are a passholder you get $$ off too!

We're just back from a great time in Orlando, I plan to do some posting this weekend. We did dinner with Shamu last Thursday, August 8. It was wonderful, well worth the money. The waitstaff is great, our server came by many times and grabbed our camera and took pictures of us with the whales behind us. I'm sure they'll be great pics (not yet developed).

The trainers did not circulate at our meal, but one was available at the exit to answer any questions. The whales are very close. If you are doing this, check in early in the morning, because that is when they assign your seat - ours was in the center, right next to the pool area. They also have a $5 discount per person if you have a AAA card.

My son and I are vegetarian, and the food could have been a little more varied, but we easily had enough to eat. Salad, veggies, a veg pasta dish, mac & cheese on the kids table. Desserts included brownies and cookies (including Shamu shaped sugar cookies).

I would definitely recommend doing this. Sea World was a wonderful experience, and this made it even more special.

Oh, a highlight for my son (age 13) was the egret (the staff has named him Ernie) that snatched fish from the trainers' buckets. We got some great close-up pictures of him, also!

thanks for the replies. We are going, and am glad to hear all the good reviews from it. Thanks again. We will definetly sign in early, as have heard the close to pool area is best. :p

I'm not sure about the check-in; would you please explain this a little more for us newbies? Where do you go? etc....

you can either call ahead of time (i got the # off their website) or you go to guest services inside the front gate at the line for shamu dinner (there will sign-ups for behind the scenes tours and luau dinner there too and it also where you pick up the map to the park).

I keep calling and they keep telling me only booking till end of year. Man, wish they would hurry up with this, as know first come gets best seats, and this is new and they don't know hours yet for next year. Hope they get things organized sooooonnn. :(

I'd made my reservations by phone several weeks ahead, but when you get to Sea World you need to go to the check-in spot (near the information desk and sign-ups for tours). I believe seats were assigned at this time, when you check in and pay. You get a card on a lanyard that admits you to the dinner later.

Marie CW:

You called and made ressies but you didn't have to pay til you got there and checked-in? Am I'm understanding this correct? I would think for a call in you need to charge it.

Bete,
Yes, that's how it went. I made the reservation, but was not charged until the day I went. I was told on the phone that if I didn't show up and didn't notify them that I would still be charged, but no charge is made until that day. At least that's what I experienced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter