Anyone for the 12/12/04 Wonder??

I booked all of our resort night separate this time, too. The pre-cruise portion at Pop Century is all paid off, but I just booked the post-cruise portion at Caribbean Beach last weekend. It's such a shame to go right home after the cruise, and we were supposed to be going there next week but changed our plans when all the discounts came out. We decided that we really wanted to try it, and what better time that right after a cruise? That's all I have left to pay for, though (except the balance on my cruise, which will be paid Tuesday morning). I've booked my airfare at a great price out of Newark instead of Laguardia, but it's a 6 AM flight with a stopover in Atlanta, but we'll still be at WDW before 2 PM. I've made all my transportation arrangements, have my AP in hand, DH's AP voucher in hand, and have started buying things like disposable cameras for my granddaughter!

Now, all we have to do is make sure that hurricane season doesn't decide to extend itself!

Beth

We fly in from California and then drive to GA for 4 days first. My brother lives near Atlanta. Then we drive down to Fl and stay at Celebration on the 6th. Then AKL till we go on the cruise. If we werent visiting my brother first we might add a few on the end. Car rental for a week and food for those days make it too expensive to add on to the end. Maybe next time. Although that will be a long time away. Hve you seen the new prices. A little high for me. We will have to save for about 3 years for the next trip.

JJ

Hi everybody!

We just returned from our trip to BWV. We arrived rightinbetween hurricanes! We flew out on 9/24, and the airport closed on 9/25. Weather was great, and NO CROWDS at all! We have always travelled during peak season (teachers), but I can't imagine doing a summer trip after September, and what I predict in early December!

Around the 60 day mark---isn't this exciting!!!

For those who have gone on Disney cruise during Dec. before is there any change in the menus or any holiday related activities on the ship? I'm getting really excited now. My only negative is I had to call All Seasons and tell them not to charge us until the very last day, as my daughter (who's going with us) is having medical problems. Hopefully, by Oct. 13 she'll be okay, if not we'll probably have to cancel.

I hope everything works out with your daughter!

I don't think there were any changes in the menu, but there are some holiday activities. I don't want to give too much away, but there's a tree lighting ceremony on the first night, and there were other things going on around the ship. The decorations are beautiful, and made a great backdrop for our family Christmas card last year. The holiday decorations at Castaway Cay were fun, too, especially the snow! My DGD thought it was hilarious to have her bathing suit on in the "snow"! Here in New Jersey we don't usually have bathing suits and Christmas trees at the same time!

I was amused, too, by the store windows in Nassau which were decorated for the holidays...including fake snow!

Beth

bosslady,

We will be praying for your daughter and hope that she is able to go on this cruise. Let me know if there is anything specific that I can pray for.

JJ

Thank you guys so much. She has (I won't spell it right) fibromyalgea and mild case of MS. So she was having really, really bad headaches and they thought the headaches were from the MS, but they wanted to be sure so they did a spinal tap and now she's having back problems. She was bed ridden for a week, but she's still in pain now and the spinal tap was two weeks ago. She just has really bad luck, because with the fibro she can't sleep, she can't sleep she doesn't recover quickly so it's a vicious circle. That's one reason her husband wanted to take her on this cruise because he realizes her mobility won't be good when they're older and can really afford things, so he's throwing caution to the wind and going. My husband and I have aunts and uncles who all say, don't wait until you're older because then you may not be able to. So I want this cruise to be really, really special for her and her family. Thanks again.

I'll be there with my wife, daughter and about 8 other friends. We're doing the 4 days before, as well. This is my family's 1st time to Disney, but everyone else has been there many, many times.

We're extremely excited, but a little worried about ending up as Disney addicts. LOL!

See ya all there

Don't worry about becoming Disney addicts. You'll be in great company! It happens to the best of us.

Where are you staying before the cruise?

Beth

There are a lot worse things you could be addicted to.

JJ

We went to Disney World in 1986, then went back in 1995 after the kids were all gone and have gone about twice year now since 1998. Then I persuaded my husband to try the cruise in 2003, and this Dec. it'll be our 3rd Disney cruise - so yes - it's addictive!

We're staying at the Polynesian 12/8-12/12.. Deck 6 12/12-12/16...

It's gonna be awesome.

We were on Deck 6 for our first two cruises, and we loved the location!

Of course, we loved Deck 7, and I imagine we'll love Deck 5, too. Being in the cargo hold would be better than being in my office, that's for sure!

Beth

I am also on Deck 6. Never had a Verandah before. Hope I don't like it to much. No more splurging for me.

JJ

Hello all,

Well, I started this thread, and now I find I have to start a new one. Due to a change in dates for Jeanne's daughter's college commencement, we had to move up our cruise to the week before ( Dec 5-9). One unexpected bonus was we got to add an additional day to the land part, so we now have one night at WL with MVMCP that evening, then we move to AKL for four nights ( which was a one day add-on also), for the land part, then 4 nights on the Wonder. We did have to switch from Beach Club to AKL due to the change in dates, but it could have been a lot worse.

So anyway, hope you all have a wonderful time, and I know we will.

Take care,

Bill

Bill,

I am glad that you are still able to take your trip. Is that the Mousefest cruise dates? You will be getting that extra bonus as well. Take Care.

JJ

Hello,

Yes it is the MF cruise dates. I didn't even realize it until after we had completed all the changes, so it does work out for the best in that sense, although I'll end up missing the land based part of the various RADP/MF meets for the first time in 5 years.

Take care,

Bill

MajorWoody (if you're still reading this thread)--Sorry you won't be with us, but you'll have a great cruise anyway!

bossladypu--How's your daughter?

Everyone--We're inside our 60 days (finally!!!!) and it's time to start thinking seriously about a meet. I will be glad to attempt setting something up if you all want. Nothing fancy, nothing formal, this is a vacation, after all!

I'm thinking of breaking with my tradition of not doing any excursions in Nassau because I really want to go to Ardastra Gardens. I haven't decided whether I want to do the excursion, which includes a tour of the city, or if I just want to take a taxi to Ardastra Gardens. DH doesn't care which way we do it! And then, I might want to see Atlantis this time, too (on our own, not an excursion). If any of you have done the Ardastra Gardens excursion, please let me know what you thought of it.

Beth

My daughter is better, so we will be on the cruse. Thanks for asking.

We are going to Atlantis on our own also. But I was wondering
if there were any free beaches over there so the girls could at
least play in the sand?

Thanks,

Gail

bossladypu-I'm glad to hear you'll be joining us after all. It looks like there aren't very many DISers going on this trip, or they're all too shy to post! I know that the ship was just about sold out fairly early, so I wonder who's going?

I don't know about the beaches, but I'll be someone here does! It's funny, I never even thought about playing in the sand on the beach in Nassau!

I guess it's a little different for me than for most cruisers, since I actually live one block from the beach. My house is always full of sand!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter