anyone going tonight to AK moonlight magic??

HLShone

Earning My Ears
we are not tonight but are doing the one in may-I'm dying to see full details-please, please, post any info of interest!!! photos, flyers etc...... can't wait for May!!!

Thanks!! Any general info, crowds, wait times-also if you checked in at hotel or at the park-info on website says park (inside and out) but not at resorts, but previous events allowed dvc resort check-TIA!!have a blast!!!
We will be there tonight as well. Post questions if there is anything specific that you want me to look for.

Thanks!! Any general info, crowds, wait times-also if you checked in at hotel or at the park-info on website says park (inside and out) but not at resorts, but previous events allowed dvc resort check-TIA!!have a blast!!!
We got to the front gate right at 7:30 and checked in there. Given a wrist band, voucher for donorama games and map. Easy and fast. Didn’t see anything at the resort to check in.

Park is still crowded since it doesn’t close for regular guests until 8:30. In line for safari and it is a 30 minute wait. Avatar rides were both about 90 minutes. Heading there next.

We got to the front gate right at 7:30 and checked in there. Given a wrist band, voucher for donorama games and map. Easy and fast. Didn’t see anything at the resort to check in.

Park is still crowded since it doesn’t close for regular guests until 8:30. In line for safari and it is a 30 minute wait. Avatar rides were both about 90 minutes. Heading there next.
Have a great time!

We're here too. But we already had FP for FOP and EE so probably won’t be trying to do them (DH, not me...I’m a weenie) during the party. We’ve already done all we want at AK during the week, so anything with a short line is a bonus. DD’s FIL is a DVC guide and he’s heading over here so we’ll hang with him. And we just ate at Boma, so I doubt we’ll be doing much freebie eating. I hate missing freebies! LOL

And lucky for people going on a later date that the info is available! I’m a planner and I hated walking in here cold. I had the info from last fall’s AK MM, and there are quite a few differences.

Thanks so much pinkprincessdad, we have been waiting a year for the monnlight magic at AK and living through these posts. We are going in May and can't wait!
Enjoy your night!

Just before we got on the bus (we’re on it now) and WiFi cut out, the wait for FOP was 65 minutes and Na’vi River Journey was 35.

My family was there tonight. It was nice to walk through the park without tripping over people, but the lines were generally pretty long.
  • EE went down just as the first ROL show let out around 9 pm, and I don't think it ever reopened.
  • Navi was accurately posted at 25 minutes at 11 pm. When we came out around 11:30, it was posted at 35. FOP was posted at 90-95 minutes at those times.
  • Food lines were absurd earlier in the evening, but short by midnight. No line for Mickey Bars from at least 10pm onward.
  • We got in line for a nighttime Safari ride around 9:40. Line was back nearly to the FP posts, but moved well. Maybe 10 minutes. Didn't see much though.
  • Event merchandise included a teal coloured shirt and a circular metal ornament. They were also selling a limited edition AK 20th anniversary AP-only pin. The pin didn't really have anything to do with the event, but apparently it's not yet generally available.
  • We were each given a Dinoland game ticket at entry. My son tried to use them just before midnight, but gave up because the game lines were long and he was too tired to wait.
  • The character lines we saw and / or waited in around midnight were moderate. Most looked to be around 15-20 minutes.

My family was there tonight. It was nice to walk through the park without tripping over people, but the lines were generally pretty long.
  • EE went down just as the first ROL show let out around 9 pm, and I don't think it ever reopened.
  • Navi was accurately posted at 25 minutes at 11 pm. When we came out around 11:30, it was posted at 35. FOP was posted at 90-95 minutes at those times.
  • Food lines were absurd earlier in the evening, but short by midnight. No line for Mickey Bars from at least 10pm onward.
  • We got in line for a nighttime Safari ride around 9:40. Line was back nearly to the FP posts, but moved well. Maybe 10 minutes. Didn't see much though.
  • Event merchandise included a teal coloured shirt and a circular metal ornament. They were also selling a limited edition AK 20th anniversary AP-only pin. The pin didn't really have anything to do with the event, but apparently it's not yet generally available.
  • We were each given a Dinoland game ticket at entry. My son tried to use them just before midnight, but gave up because the game lines were long and he was too tired to wait.
  • The character lines we saw and / or waited in around midnight were moderate. Most looked to be around 15-20 minutes.
It sounds well attended.
Up here in south Jersey we had snow, I wish I was in AK with you!

Geez, with those kinda waistlines I'm also wondering if it is worth it. We have April 17th tickets, but with little ones in tow, I'm wondering if it is worth the bother?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter