Anything and everything holiday ~ Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more!

This is in my kitchen dining area. I got the Pumpkin Tink this past weekend after eyeing it for over a year.
halloweendl101010067.jpg

My Mickey pumpkin muffins. The candy molds did not turn out a sharp image but I think they look pretty good and they sure taste good, I use the Disney recipe.
halloweendl101010068.jpg

We went to the Dell Oso Corn Mazes again, this time to get our pumpkins. I love that they are so inexpensive. Pumpkins are sold by the pound, three large pumpkins came in at 64lbs. I paid $16.00. When DH came home from work and saw the pumpkins and asked the price, he said "wow". He wanted to carved them this week. I don't know if you all have this same problem, but if we were to carve them now, they would rot out within a week. They'ld be all squishy by Halloween. He said, "we can get more".

Trudi, great pics!! Those muffins look so good. :)

We went to the Dell Oso Corn Mazes again, this time to get our pumpkins. I love that they are so inexpensive. Pumpkins are sold by the pound, three large pumpkins came in at 64lbs. I paid $16.00. When DH came home from work and saw the pumpkins and asked the price, he said "wow". He wanted to carved them this week. I don't know if you all have this same problem, but if we were to carve them now, they would rot out within a week. They'ld be all squishy by Halloween. He said, "we can get more".
That is a great price! I just bought one today, medium sized from the grocery store and it was almost $5. If he's game to buy more, let him! lol ;)

Don't know what everyone is doing tonight, but on Turner CLassic Movies, they're showing all the old mummy movies. I've never seen them before, so I might give the original a try. I also saw that they're going to show one of the Dracula's with Bela Lugosi and the Wolfman on I think AMC at some point.

I thought I should post some pictures from the Dell Oso Corn Mazes. If you recall, it's not just a corn maze. There are train rides, a scare crow ride, bounce houses, mining for gems, a country store, etc. After Thanksgiving, it goes chritsmas with raindeer and a snow rides (we don't get snow in central cali).

So this particular visit the clounds came in and graced us with a thunder storm (also a rarity). These are pictures of the clouds and some of my favorite scare crows. These guys were done up by local boy/girls scout troops and other such type organizations.

The clouds rolling in
IMG_0187.jpg

The rainbow in the middle of the storms
IMG_0198.jpg

Some guy dressed as a wolfman and really playing the part, he even had a handler
IMG_0194.jpg

Some of my favorite scare crows
IMG_0192.jpg

Jack and Sally
IMG_0191.jpg

Dispicable Me
IMG_0190.jpg

Buzz and Woody
IMG_0189.jpg

And my favorite (you got to vote for yours) The Angry Tiki God
IMG_0188.jpg

Don't know what everyone is doing tonight, but on Turner CLassic Movies, they're showing all the old mummy movies. I've never seen them before, so I might give the original a try. I also saw that they're going to show one of the Dracula's with Bela Lugosi and the Wolfman on I think AMC at some point.
Oh darn, we don't have those channels. Did you watch? How were they?

I thought I should post some pictures from the Dell Oso Corn Mazes.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It does look like a really fun place.

Only two more weeks until Halloween!! :cool1: I need to buy more candy! We have what seems like a ton of it already, but we get so many trick-or-treaters that I just know it won't be enough. :eek:

We went to a place near here called Bonnie Springs, which is like an old ghost town. They had a "spooky town" set up for the younger kids with a petting zoo, pumpkin patch, etc.
I took my 10 yr old twins and they loved it. Especially the petting zoo. I have to say I am a true city girl! I was more scared of those llamas, deer, and burros than I was of the evil clowns in Frightdome!!! :scared1: LOL

Then last night we went to Springs Preserve for some trick-or-treating, Halloween decorations and a haunted maze. I over heard some moms talking about how they weren't letting their kids go out trick-or-treating, how they don't like Halloween at all, and one mom didn't even know when Halloween was. I don't get why some people are so against this holiday. :confused3

Oh well, my kids and I love it, they are most definitely going trick-or-treating, we will be decorating the front of our house as spooky as we can and I can't wait!! :cool1: :banana:

Hope everyone had a good weekend! :)

Getting costums for the kiddies tommorow, DS (2) will be Thomas the Tank Engine and DD (9) we think is going to be a Cutie Lion.

We were recently invited to a Halloween party and I can dress up. I'm thinking of going as a Mafiosa (female gangster).

Getting costums for the kiddies tommorow, DS (2) will be Thomas the Tank Engine and DD (9) we think is going to be a Cutie Lion.

We were recently invited to a Halloween party and I can dress up. I'm thinking of going as a Mafiosa (female gangster).
Those sound like fun costume ideas! Post some pics if you get a chance. :)

I've spent about $50 on candy so far and I'm not finished. :eek:
I'm making up the goodie bags this weekend. We usually get around 150 kids.
I have a big bucket of individual candy in case I run out of bags. The last few kids of the night get what's left. It's always older kids and they are happy to get a few big handfuls of candy.
I am so glad the rain is over. I can only remember rain once when my kids were little. We went out anyways, got wet and had a blast.

I've spent about $50 on candy so far and I'm not finished. :eek:
I'm making up the goodie bags this weekend. We usually get around 150 kids.
I have a big bucket of individual candy in case I run out of bags. The last few kids of the night get what's left. It's always older kids and they are happy to get a few big handfuls of candy.
I am so glad the rain is over. I can only remember rain once when my kids were little. We went out anyways, got wet and had a blast.

I can't believe you actually make up little treat bags. :worship:
I'm not sure how many kids we get here. I do hope it's not raining or windy, that will really mess with the decorations!
I've spent about $50 too, and still need a few more bags. It sure adds up!!

I can't believe you actually make up little treat bags. :worship:
I'm not sure how many kids we get here. I do hope it's not raining or windy, that will really mess with the decorations!
I've spent about $50 too, and still need a few more bags. It sure adds up!!

I've always made bags. I remember how excited I used to be when I'd get them..:rotfl:
It takes hours to fill them all. The whole living room floor is cover with candy.

I've always made bags. I remember how excited I used to be when I'd get them..:rotfl:
It takes hours to fill them all. The whole living room floor is cover with candy.

I think that's so neat. I wish we could do that too but it would cost too much. I bet your house is very popular. :thumbsup2

I do something similar, but less expensive. I make spiders out of tootsi pops, the kids love them.

On of these days I'll upload the costums and sucker spider pictures to photobucket so I may share with the rest of you.

On of these days I'll upload the costums and sucker spider pictures to photobucket so I may share with the rest of you.
That would be great! :thumbsup2

Well, I'm off to Anaheim today to spend my birthday (tomorrow) at Disneyland. Can't wait to see all the Halloween decorations. I'll be back Monday. Quickie trip, but should be fun!

I think that's so neat. I wish we could do that too but it would cost too much. I bet your house is very popular. :thumbsup2

I use lots of coupons and buy most everything at Walmart. I spend around $75 to make 150 bags. Sometimes kids come back later for another bag. But I'm on to that.:rotfl: They only get one piece the second time around.
Tomorrow I'm filling the bags so I'll post pics.
I found Twilight candy again but like last year I'm eating all the Jacobs.:lmao:

I finally took and uploaded the tootsie pop spiders and my kids' halloween costums.

IMG_0107-1.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

IMG_0105-1.jpg

IMG_0104-1.jpg

Cute costumes !!!
I love the spiders. I think I'll help my day care kids make some !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter