Anything to make a 16th birthday special?

MouseEars4us

Mouseketeer
I'm beginning to plan our next trip to WDW the week of Thanksgiving 2004. Our oldest will turn 16 the day after Thanksgiving. Any tips on making the day special for her? Thanks!

One thing I'd suggest, based on nothing more than the things I've read on the boards in the past, is to make sure everyone knows about the birthday. Housekeeping, the CM at the resort you're staying at, etc. While you of course can't be guaranteed that this will stir up a little magic, the odds are pretty good! While in the parks, get one of the birthday badges I think I've read about before.

Richard

princess: Definitely go to City Hall in MK or Guest Relations in the other parks to get a "Today Is My Birthday" button. She will be acknowledged all day! ;)

We'll be there for DD's 14th birthday in June. I called to make Hoop-de-doo reservations, and was asked if we were celebrating anything special. I told her we weren't attending HDD on DD's actual birthday, but she said to tell eveyone all 4 days we'll be there that we're celebrating her birthday, and they'll make a big deal of it. I'm also hoping to get an Illuminations cruise.

I surprised my daughter with a trip for her "sweet 16th." We leave next Friday for an all girl's trip. I intend on getting the Birthday button at the parks and have informed LTT (we have PS on 10/26 for MNSSHP) that it's her Birthday.

Can I suggest Pixie Gifts to order a custom gift arrangement? I've used them in the past and Beth has been wonderful. I certainly can pass along an extra tidbits I pick up when we return from our upcoming trip.

I cannot think of a better way to celebrate a Birthday let alone such an important one as "Sweet 16."

How about dinner at Whispering Canyons at the Wilderness Lodge? Who wouldn't like that? If they know it is someone's birthday, there is no telling what they will do.

::MickeyMo

my DM & DD & DB took me to Disney for my 16th and I remember that we went to the Hoop Dee Doo that night and the cast sang to me. Earlier that day we had lunch at Alfredo in Epcot (my favorite park) and my brother got the guys who used to stroll around to stand at my table and sing Bella Notte from Lady & The Tramp (my favorite moovie). On the way to HDD that night , the boat driver let me "drive" the boat.

All the cast members said Happy Birthday to me. I wore the It's my Birthday pin all day and my parents gave me all Disney presents which I opened on the monorail :)

I think that there are a number of ways to make a birthday at Disney special. You may want to consider Gifts of a Lifetime & the pixies and maybe have a scavenger hunt in one of the parks?

We celebrated our DS 16th b-day at Chef Mickeys. I called ahead and purchased a birthday cake to be brought to the table. (The cost was fairly reasonable, although I can't remember exactly how much it was!) All of the characters came to the table with the cake and a paper Chef's hat. I thought that he might get embarrassed, but it was the total opposite. He got right into it! The pictures from that night are framed throughout our house and I know that he will always remember turning 16!

For my 18th bday my parents had a dozen disney roses delivered to my room! Disney has a special florist and they can put a mickey on them! Their flowers are BEAUTIFUL! Also, you can make arrangements for a special fireworks cruise by calling 407-wdw-play, or do a character dinner! Those are all great ideas! You should also check into seeing if she can be a parade marshall! I have been a parade marshall at the MK before but my parents did it. I think you should call your resort and see what they can do. It is worth a try! Good Luck!::MickeyMo

Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas! I'll have to check into the Pixies and the Cruise as some of you suggested. Roses sound beautiful, she loves flowers. I had planned on getting her the birthday badge, I thought I had read it would get her some special attention all day, but it would be great if she could be a parade marshall or drive a boat!
As far as getting her a car, don't let her hear that, she's already trying to convince her dad she can help with the driving!:earseek:

disneyfanatic60, let me know how things go, I know your daughter will have a great time!
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter