AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Quick note: At the end of the presser, he stated he was going to have an update tomorrow on Next Steps. (Whatever that means.)

That could coincide with the some of the reports we may be seeing a change in the travel restrictions this weekend. Oddly enough it also coincides with the official reopening of WDW.

We shall see!

... but my mind keeps coming back to the fact that no one would have opened a theme park in NYC in the middle of this.

Oh my gosh yes! I have been thinking the same thing.

I really, really hope it does, but if it doesn't, I'm fine with canceling until next year and traveling somewhere closer to home to cope with the burnout I'm feeling. We have some pretty nice attractions upstate that could use the business.

We just got back from 5 days of RV camping in the Lake George region. It was really nice to get away, I think we needed it more than I realized.

And I agree that I really really hope the FL numbers get under control soon. My parents live in FL and have been spending summers in MN the past few years. When they decided to go up about a month and a half ago I really wasn't keen on them traveling and wished that they would just stay put in FL...now I'm happy they made the call they did. But they're going to have to return at some point this fall. And, like I'm sure many of us on this thread, I feel like FL is my home away from home. I want everyone there to be healthy and safe.

Quick note: At the end of the presser, he stated he was going to have an update tomorrow on Next Steps. (Whatever that means.)

That could coincide with the some of the reports we may be seeing a change in the travel restrictions this weekend. Oddly enough it also coincides with the official reopening of WDW.

We shall see!
They sure are keeping us on our toes. Lol.

Reading the announcement that was sent by e mail about an upcoming DVC reservation. It said you must acknowledge Covid procedures including not checking in if you have symptoms or are feeling sick or you have a quarantine order.

We shall see!

I don't like to speculate, but given he did his presser at the Turkey Lake Plaza on the turnpike near Orlando I am leaning heavily that he will be at or very near WDW for tomorrow's update.

I don't like to speculate, but given he did his presser at the Turkey Lake Plaza on the turnpike near Orlando I am leaning heavily that he will be at or very near WDW for tomorrow's update.

Yes, this is what will happen. I mean, I'm pretty sure he'd open his state to Brazil at this point. I'm going to imagine he'll welcome NY/NJ/CT people as well...since our rate of infections is literally close to 20 times less than what is going on in Florida right now. Those of us in these parts are concerned about the idiots who will just ignore the quarantine and start round 2 for us.

Do we know what time the "next steps" announcement is going to happen tomorrow?
There is absolutely no news or speculation that there will be additional states added to the quarantine list. The only rumor comes from this thread of someone calling the hotline and getting told it could be changing. People need to remember these call centers are staffed by call center employees who are usually the absolute last to know about anything. Plus, unlike a Disney call center, these employees have nothing to sell you, so they’ll tell you whatever they want, or whatever they deem that you want to hear if they want to get you off the phone. The rumors that have spread around this board from this single thread is crazy.

There is absolutely no news or speculation that there will be additional states added to the quarantine list. The only rumor comes from this thread of someone calling the hotline and getting told it could be changing. People need to remember these call centers are staffed by call center employees who are usually the absolute last to know about anything. Plus, unlike a Disney call center, these employees have nothing to sell you, so they’ll tell you whatever they want, or whatever they deem that you want to hear if they want to get you off the phone. The rumors that have spread around this board from this single thread is crazy.
I am the one to first ( I think ) post what I was told by the Fl Covid line. You are right we do not know anything until it happens. There were two other people told the same or similar so there is a bit of wondering and anxious waiting . I was not the one told there will be changes this weekend, I was told soon.

Wouldn't call it "crazy". NY/NJ/CT is central Florida's #1 money maker as far as tourism goes. While of course its all speculation, its been said on several blogs that they couldn't see this tri-state ban staying in effect once WDW opened.

So a lot of these things tie together:

1. Official Opening of Magic Kingdom 7/11
2. DeSantis talking about "next steps" being announced tomorrow.
3. The "soon" or more specific "this weekend" several folks were told from the Florida health line.

Of course nothing could happen as well. I don't think anyone on this board is taking any of this as gospel. I get the feeling most of us just want to know definitively what is going on so we can pursue some kind of compensation for our passes. (And DVC points for us DVC members.) I think most of us are here looking for answers because we want to comply if we feel we can head down safely.

At this point even if Florida changes the quarantine requirements for NY residents I'm almost certainly cancelling my late August-early September trip. This is in part due to the quarantine restrictions coming back into NY which would be impossible for some of my family, including me, to follow, and in part due to the continuing spike in FL COVID rates which don't seem to be dropping any time soon, unfortunately.

That makes two WDW trips cancelled this year.

Now it's fingers crossed I don't have to cancel December.

Press Conference at 12:45. I have been watching them on fox 35 Orlando. Good Luck!
I just tuned in. 1:30pm. Did Desantis speak yet?

ETA- 1:46pm Desantis taking questions. Don't you wish you could ask one?

Last edited:
Someone asked him a question at the very end that appeared to make him squirm. I didn't catch the question though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter