AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I had requested a refund back in May and now my pass which expired June 12th is off my account.

Have they begun processing refunds?

I just sent an email to the AP dept about my request to have our AP frozen, or paused, so we can retain our approx 9 month time that's left on our AP, and then allow us to pick the time when we would like the AP to be active again.

I would suggest that others also pass along this message to Disney. Give us a third option. Choices: Extension, Refund, or a temporary Freeze/Pause. I honestly think that if that 3rd option was put in there, then there would be very few people that would choose the refund.

It can't hurt to have our voice heard.

Now for an email for Guest Relations/Customer Service. I'm having trouble finding one. Does anyone have their email?

Thanks!
I will definitely do the same!

I don‘t want to bring more financial burden to Disney, as they have enough right now, losing that much money on a daily basis. I would be absolutely happy with a „freeze“ option!
We won‘t be able to go to Disney this year again because of COVID and the resulting travel restrictions, but our family of four are HUGE Disney fans and DVC member, so we definitely will want to go as soon as we are allowed to travelwise and it is safe to do so viruswise AND the parks will be closer to the magic entertainmentwise, that we know and love.
So a „freeze“ would be a win-win for all of us, I think!

I am not mad with Disney right now, just a bit disappointed. For the limited access that passholders are getting I believe there should be some sort of compensation for those that are sticking with it since we really aren't getting what we signed up for. The other concern I have is that I have three days for a resort trip all the way in January. For some reason, I guess because of that, I am only allowed to pick two days rather than three right now outside of that stay. I am holding on to some optimism that this will work itself out, but Disney is making a pass renewal seem more and more unlikely.

I just checked the prices for tickets in the event I didn't renew my pass. I'll be renewing my pass. No doubt.

If because of the situation, I couldn't get as many days out of my pass as match the price I would have to pay for non AP tickets, I might want compensation, but as it is Disney has extended passes and offered a refund, for the closed days.

This is probably sufficient for most, but there may be a few that are still not getting at least an equal value to what was paid for. I absolutely think the 3 park days versus 14 resort ticket days is lopsided as there is no guarantee of getting more dates once you use any of the three. I booked 7 nights with my AP for my resort stay and I am good, but if I was subject to a different set of circumstances, I might not be so 'good'. Plus I've already had 3 prior visits with this AP, so I'm really not impacted. I hope things return to something near normal soon.

I ran numbers if I don’t go at all between now and my renewal (will be late April when the extra 30 days get added) it will amount to $158 per day that I visited a park between renewal & closure

Even if W&D is canceled we as of now plan to keep our November staycation so adding those four park passes it would now average out to $79 per park day if that’s all we can go

IF Marathon isn’t canceled and I keep our pop reservations (I assume if I cancel the resort park pass will also be canceled) then that’s three more days making it $57 per day to get into the gate

If I go all those seven reserved days and am able to book more days between Jan-April the cost per day will be even less

Thank you for sharing this! If I can’t cancel my Gold, I’d settle for downgrading to Silver, so good to know it may be an option. (I renewed in Jan on a late March expiration, so same situation: the renewal has yet to be used.)

We'll see if they can actually do it. If/when it happens I'll post again.

I ran numbers if I don’t go at all between now and my renewal (will be late April when the extra 30 days get added) it will amount to $158 per day that I visited a park between renewal & closure

Even if W&D is canceled we as of now plan to keep our November staycation so adding those four park passes it would now average out to $79 per park day if that’s all we can go

IF Marathon isn’t canceled and I keep our pop reservations (I assume if I cancel the resort park pass will also be canceled) then that’s three more days making it $57 per day to get into the gate

If I go all those seven reserved days and am able to book more days between Jan-April the cost per day will be even less

That's a lot of ifs.

We used to have Gold, and felt the pressure to go to make it worth it. Now we have Weekday passes. The cost of that one (as well as the Select Pass) is so low that we don't feel that stress. We've enjoyed our WDW visits much more since then.

So I have read tons of posts and maybe I missed it, but I can’t seem to find any info. on purchasing a new annual pass. I have reservations for the end of March for my family and I to travel to wdw after canceling this past April and July trips :( The prices have really gone up and it seems to be only 1000 difference from purchasing and annual pass for the 3 of versus a 6 day park hopper.. unless I’m missing something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

So I have read tons of posts and maybe I missed it, but I can’t seem to find any info. on purchasing a new annual pass. I have reservations for the end of March for my family and I to travel to wdw after canceling this past April and July trips :( The prices have really gone up and it seems to be only 1000 difference from purchasing and annual pass for the 3 of versus a 6 day park hopper.. unless I’m missing something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
I’m in the same boat. Would like to buy an annual pass, but currently unavailable direct from Disney. Others may have ideas about purchasing one from an third party seller.

And with a November expiration and a future trip of 7 days (reservations booked), plus last November, January and February trips, I will have 29 park days for a DVC gold pass that effectively cost me $675.(bought this with discounted Disney gift cards, so, $23.28 per day, assuming I go in November.

I’m in the same boat. Would like to buy an annual pass, but currently unavailable direct from Disney. Others may have ideas about purchasing one from an third party seller.
AAA had them last weekend. Don't know if they still do.

Question for the group:

Before the AP extension, I renewed my AP. My original AP expired April 2020, so I renewed to April 2021. When the extension came out, the new expirations are August 2020 and August 2021 (it is listed like this on MDE).

A week ago, my husband called to get his AP renewed. His original expiration was July 2020, but his renewal didn't reflect the extension. He currently has an AP expiring in November 2020 (extension) and his AP renewal reflecting the original month of July 2021 (no extension).

Are AP renewals based on the new date of expiration, following the extension, or the original renewal date?

So sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before I call Disney.

@lluv3971 many are still waiting to see the extension on their APs. So if I'm understanding correctly he renewed his AP a week ago even though his original AP had the extended expiration date of Nov?

@lluv3971 many are still waiting to see the extension on their APs. So if I'm understanding correctly he renewed his AP a week ago even though his original AP had the extended expiration date of Nov?
Correct. And after he renewed, the renewed AP reflected his original date, not the extension (so July 2021 instead of Nov. 2021).

My AP renewal reflected the extension, so I'm not sure whose is correct.

Correct. And after he renewed, the renewed AP reflected his original date, not the extension (so July 2021 instead of Nov. 2021).

My AP renewal reflected the extension, so I'm not sure whose is correct.
yeah, so many are in the same situation. We renewed in May, my DD and I show the extension, my son's still stuck in the old date. You need to call AP services

I had requested a refund back in May and now my pass which expired June 12th is off my account.

Have they begun processing refunds?

We called to cancel ours the last week in May. I received an email last Friday (6/26) saying my refund had been processed and we would see it in 7 to 10 business days on the cc. Our APs were scheduled to expire 7/2. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter