AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Well, after all my griping about wanting to cancel... I just called and asked really, really nicely for them to ignore my cancellation request and leave my extension in place. :rotfl2: I did a cost-benefit analysis and determined I can get my value out of it, even if I don't enter a park until Oct.

A couple items of note for this group:
1. I'm on monthly payments and called the monthly payments dept - got right in on the second ring. NO time on hold! 888-701-4100.
2. The CM reiterated what we've been hearing: they are working on extensions now and should have them wrapped up soon.
3. Re: my son's Silver AP (expired in April, paid off in Dec., now shows an extension to 7/31), because it was paid off before parks closed, all he gets is an extension. No refund. I could try to fight it, I suppose, because that doesn't seem right, but honestly, he got all the value out of it so I'm choosing to let it go. But she explained that the extension is what allows for a renewal outside of the usual renewal window.

Well, after all my griping about wanting to cancel... I just called and asked really, really nicely for them to ignore my cancellation request and leave my extension in place. :rotfl2: I did a cost-benefit analysis and determined I can get my value out of it, even if I don't enter a park until Oct.

A couple items of note for this group:
1. I'm on monthly payments and called the monthly payments dept - got right in on the second ring. NO time on hold! 888-701-4100.
2. The CM reiterated what we've been hearing: they are working on extensions now and should have them wrapped up soon.
3. Re: my son's Silver AP (expired in April, paid off in Dec., now shows an extension to 7/31), because it was paid off before parks closed, all he gets is an extension. No refund. I could try to fight it, I suppose, because that doesn't seem right, but honestly, he got all the value out of it so I'm choosing to let it go. But she explained that the extension is what allows for a renewal outside of the usual renewal window.

And did they grant your request? Because my cm made a HUGE deal out of the fact that I couldn't change my mind later about the refund. Of course, I still have NO IDEA how much we're getting back or in what form. Grrr.....

And did they grant your request? Because my cm made a HUGE deal out of the fact that I couldn't change my mind later about the refund. Of course, I still have NO IDEA how much we're getting back or in what form. Grrr.....
Yep, she took my request to cancel off my account. But remember, I'm on monthly payments, so I was never looking for a partial refund; my AP was a renewal that hadn't started when parks closed, so the only refund I wanted was for the 3 payments taken before my renewal began. If you paid in full and are looking for a partial refund, it may be different?

Is the option to cancel your AP and get a full prorated refund available yet? Or are we still waiting on those details?

When I spoke to AP guest services two days ago, they informed me an e-mail is forthcoming in early July with 4 options/details for those whom paid in full. I will be calling next Monday if I don't get an e-mail. We were told that there is no need to make a decision at this time for our scenario.

We are going to select full cancellation of our AP's.

When I spoke to AP guest services two days ago, they informed me an e-mail is forthcoming in early July with 4 options/details for those whom paid in full. I will be calling next Monday if I don't get an e-mail. We were told that there is no need to make a decision at this time for our scenario.

Thank you! Same here.

@cm8 did you just get the initial 117 day extension, or did they add the extra 30 days On top of that announced to be added in October?
My AP expired 12/24/20 it now expires 04/24/21 so, looks like just the 117? days?

Anyone had success upgrading a Gold AP to Platinum over the phone recently? We have DVC Gold APs with expiration extended into February and want to upgrade to Platinum to cover our December trip.
:thanks:
I don’t know if anyone responded yet, but I spent time today trying to do this same thing. First cm said they couldn’t do it over the phone. I asked to be transferred to ticketing, which she couldn’t do, but she gave me the number. The cm there told me I could do it over the phone once they started selling 2020 tickets again, but he wasn’t sure when that would be...hopefully later this summer. I waited an hour on the first call and about 30 minutes on the second call.

My AP expired 12/24/20 it now expires 04/24/21 so, looks like just the 117? days?
Exactly same for me, we were 12/28 expiration and now expiring 4/24/21 (weird that’s not 117 but, whatever). I’m waiting for further updates and the email with options. Also my child’s AP dropped off my MDE which, would be a mess if I was trying to do anything with it.

Reactions: cm8
One of the days we're going to be visiting is greyed out for AP's. It's green for resort guests and ticket holders. Do you think they will release any more spots for AP's? Is the system similar to ADR's or FP's where you can pick up if someone cancels? I'm just wondering if I should keep trying to book any park on that date (8/22) or if it is another futile attempt.

One of the days we're going to be visiting is greyed out for AP's. It's green for resort guests and ticket holders. Do you think they will release any more spots for AP's? Is the system similar to ADR's or FP's where you can pick up if someone cancels? I'm just wondering if I should keep trying to book any park on that date (8/22) or if it is another futile attempt.
No one knows how the allotment of spots will look like closer to the day, there have been people reporting that they've been able to get spots after ir showed greyed out.

No one knows how the allotment of spots will look like closer to the day, there have been people reporting that they've been able to get spots after ir showed greyed out.
Thanks! I'll keep trying then. I don't care which park we get into that day, any of them will be great!

Alternatively, and in lieu of the one month extension, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund."

I have a platinum pass paid in full. I'm a little concerned there is a reason behind why Disney hasn’t been clarified how a "partial refund" will be calculated. I renewed my pass on 12/28/19. The parks closed around the middle of March, so I would expect to receive approximately 9.5 months of my money back.

Last edited:
We're Canadian passholders, so never receive emails. We've decided to get a refund, and just wondered when we should call. I read somewhere that we will get more direction in July? TIA!

Me too. Short of a full freeze of the pass until the end of this absurdly inequitable reservation system period, I'm cancelling and taking all my prorated funds back. Anything less and it's called a class action suit.

Alternatively, and in lieu of the one month extension, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund."

I have a platinum pass paid in full. I'm a little concerned there is a reason behind why Disney hasn’t been clarified how a "partial refund" will be calculated. I renewed my pass on 12/28/19. The parks closed around the middle of March, so I would expect to receive approximately 9.5 months of my money back.
I renewed my pass on the exact same date. For two platinum plus passes, I expect 288 days, or $1,678.98, back on my Citi Double Cash Mastercard.

I renewed my pass on the exact same date. For two platinum plus passes, I expect 288 days, or $1,678.98, back on my Citi Double Cash Mastercard.
Hope you are right about cancellations. However, I received an email from them 2 days ago in regards to my request for cancellation or a freeze, and was told that only partial refunds or extensions are available for the period of closure. I assume emails come from management and they would know more about decisions than CMs on the phones!

Hope you are right about cancellations. However, I received an email from them 2 days ago in regards to my request for cancellation or a freeze, and was told that only partial refunds or extensions are available for the period of closure. I assume emails come from management and they would know more about decisions than CMs on the phones!
I'm fairly certain they've already publicized full prorated refunds of remaining balance of APs as an option.

Sorry if I've missed this already being posted, but is there a limit to the number of days APs can have reserved? I want to get some days booked in case I decide I'm okay with going at any point (I'm close enough for just a day trip), even though I'm not committed to anything yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter