AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

My AP expires on 16th December due to the resort closure days and I have two resort reservations beginning December 20th.
I can't update the AP online because it isn't 60 days before expiry - any idea what to do as I want to get on the park reservation on Monday?

I mean that’s what I heard...you had to use your “desktop” (or mobile web browser) to access the site then log in with MDE account login
From rteetz:

Well you can do it on your phone just not on the app. Looks like they want people to use the website not the app for this.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-62023391
thanks for bringing that up. I thought it could be either way. I guess we'll find out for sure Monday :)

My AP expires on 16th December due to the resort closure days and I have two resort reservations beginning December 20th.
I can't update the AP online because it isn't 60 days before expiry - any idea what to do as I want to get on the park reservation on Monday?
you have to wait until 60 days prior to your ap expiration to renew.
I honestly don't think people will have a problem getting park reservations 60 days in advance, heck I don't think there will be a problem 30 days in advance.
Everyone's freaking out about these reservations that are months away, I get it, it's a whole new system, but the parks can hold a lot of people and if we all do our part, and wear our mask the capacity will keep improving and growing
Remeber right now there's no international travel and no sales of anything internationally either,

Since they changed the terms of the extension, has anyone had luck switching back to an extension from a requested refund?

So confused...

I called Disney before the announcement and asked for a refund for the remaining time on my pass because I am out of state and some other reasons. I was told that once you submit a request, you can't ask to withdraw it. It seems that they don't have the processes in place to do that?

But...it doesn't seem like anyone received refunds yet (that I am aware of). It seems like Disney has been sitting on a large pile of requests due to them trying to figure things out and probably because they are not fully staffed yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a calculator feature on the website to figure out partial refunds and will allow you to request a refund by original payment source or a Disney gift card. Then they may end up ignoring all the special requests they have been receiving. But we likely won't have clarity on this until more details are announced in July.

ugh, not sure if my AP is going to be updated in time by Monday

While we may still cancel our BC res for Feb, figured would try to log in and at least have parks for those days (and pray Park Hopping is brought back before then)
WHY ARE some ap extened by now and others not??????

Reactions: cm8
Technically, I feel AP are owed a refund for the hopper and WP portions if they are not available. Those options were also built into that enormous price we paid willingly year after year. Especially if they don’t pause the passes during the reservation period. This will make me re think renewing our passes going forward.

Last edited:

My AP was in the renewal window until Disney extended the expiry due to park closure. I was ultimately able to buy DVC renewal vouchers and attach them to MDE. Call 407-566-4985 option 4 ticketing - this was ultimately handled by ticket services escalation so ask for a supervisor if CM can't help you off the bat. Be prepared to wait though - it took me 4 hours last night. Good Luck!

I requested refunds for 3 Sams Club tickets and I didn't think to mention how I paid. I'm guessing most people don't even remember how they paid.

I figured 1- they will look back and see it's a SC ticket and calculate price and refund to original payment 2- Disregard original purchase and just make refund based on Disney price because it is just too logistically complicated to do otherwise or 3- Give me a Disney gift card because the AP wasn't purchased direct through Disney.

In any case I am not going to use these partially used tickets again so I'm ok with any outcome. I can't imagine they have the time/resources to make personalized options phone calls to every refund requester so I'm guessing they will do the easiest thing (for them) that doesn't make people too angry.
I also have 6 Sams Club APs that we activated February 2 so only had 6 weeks before park closure. So we should be getting back around 90% of the cost. I sure hope they will refund to original payment and not Disney gift card. That’s an awful lot of money to have tied up in cards when the whole reason I’m requesting refund is that I don’t expect to go for well over a year. Do those cards have expiration dates?

Thanks. The extension doesn’t help me at all as the 4 month, or the 4+1 still doesn’t reach my March dates. I was hoping for the refund, and we would put that $ towards a renewal. If they would let me renew early, that would be amazing!

I'm so confused by what you are wanting to do. How can you "renew" an AP you have cancelled for a refund? Wouldn't you be getting a brand new AP at that point instead of a renewal?

I also have 6 Sams Club APs that we activated February 2 so only had 6 weeks before park closure. So we should be getting back around 90% of the cost. I sure hope they will refund to original payment and not Disney gift card. That’s an awful lot of money to have tied up in cards when the whole reason I’m requesting refund is that I don’t expect to go for well over a year. Do those cards have expiration dates?
I think if they limited refunds to gift cards they would have a lot of complaining people. But who knows. Maybe they will email you an offer and allow adjustments on a 'case by case' basis.

What number should I call to request a refund on my annual pass?
As yulilin said - 407 939 7277. A couple of days ago that number had limited options in the initial menu and all led you to the general reservations line. Who could then get you in line to talk to that AP line. If you call that number and select option 3 (not given by the menu) a couple of days ago that got you directly into the AP queue without having to go through one hold.

Does anybody know if I'll have to make a theme park reservation for an infant? He doesn't have a ticket or MDE account.

I reached out to my TA this morning about our May 2021 trip (already booked) and she let me know some things that might be of interest to y'all:

1) No booking park days for 2021 resort reservations on Monday. Just 2020 trips.

2) Info is mixed on whether or not 2021 resort reservations can start booking park days on the 24th or the 28th. She advised us to prepare for the 24th just in case.

3) The system should work the same as FPs did, in that I should be able to make park reservations for May/June 2021 even though my AP is set to expire in December.

4) A linked AP voucher will also count for "valid admission media" to book park days even if it's not active yet.

She also reassured us that there really aren't many people booked for 2021 at this point and capacity will be higher by then, so if you're currently worried about getting into the parks on a 2021 trip, don't be.

We'll see what happens on Monday but I'm feeling a lot better about things.

They don’t expire.

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

1-on 22 June make park reservation for lenght-of-stay?

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

3-can I hold both simultaneously?
1. yes
2. Starting the 26th you can make up to 3 reservations with a valid AP
3. Million dollar question (no one know for sure as it's not explained on the site)

Indeed the million dollar question.

Since I got "all circuits are busy" a few times on the passholder phone line yesterday, I decided to email this exact question. No response back yet, of course, but I'll share here if I ever hear back before we figure it out.

Also in my email I asked how a refund would be calculated should we request one.

Dilemma: Paid AP holder expiry in April 2021. Hold a resort reservation for Sept 2020. Want to visit parks this summer, but also want to ensure we can visit parks in Sept for our resort stay. We live local. Would you:

1-on 22 June make resort length of stay park reservations
or
2-on 22 June make 3 random days of park reservations

Sorry if someone has already posted and dealt with this but, I couldn't find it anywhere.
My husband and I are Annual Passholders and I was just looking at updated info on My Disney Experience. I see that my husband's pass has been extended by four months, but my pass has not. Mine still has the original expiration date posted. Passes were purchased at the same time, so they should both have the four month extension. I'm guessing it's just a glitch and it will be corrected, but curious if anyone else has seen this happen on their MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter