***April 2019***

I used it to get a sense for availability and it was pretty spot on when I went to book this morning...

That gives me high hopes then, :) I have never been so nervous about FPs until they opened Pandora and TSL, lol. I'm only booking for 1 so I'm hoping I will be fine.

I had my fastpasses the other day and was very excited. The only thing that I want to vent about is that I didn't know since they knew Toy Story Land open is that you can only choose one of the two new rides it's kind of frustrating. Does anybody vent about the tier system besides myself?

I’ve added a few new dinners, Saana and the Edison. Hoping to have a window table at Saana for the savanna. The kids like to walk around as DS, so I figured we could try the Edison; I enjoyed Toothsome at Universal.
A few years ago I got a window view for dinner with Sanaa and it was an amazing experience. When you go there just as if you can get a window view of the animals and even if you have to wait 10 or 15 minutes it's very worth it. Good luck to you.

Maybe it's too early yet and they'll post it 30 days out, if they decide to change park hours. I'm personally hoping for a few park hours to go later in the evening, extended evening hours.
I think when I was there last April animal kingdom was closing at 9 or 9:30. Hopefully that changes to 8 p.m. doesn't really make any sense to me. But here's to hoping and crossing our fingers.

I had my fastpasses the other day and was very excited. The only thing that I want to vent about is that I didn't know since they knew Toy Story Land open is that you can only choose one of the two new rides it's kind of frustrating. Does anybody vent about the tier system besides myself?
Yep, they have a tier system. I think @PolyRob posted the tiers sometime back. It would be nice if with the new Toy Story Land, one could book say all three SDD, TSM, and the Alien Swirling Saucers (better not put the acronym here unless I want to be flagged!) But, the Toy Story Land rides are all in the same group! I would prefer to rope drop the Rockin roller coaster and Star Tours, and then have FPs for Toy Story Land. That would be how I would want to do the park. Hollywood Studios is my least preferred park, I hope when the whole Star Wars land gets added I'll feel differently about it.

I hate the tier system, because the things I want to book are essentially in the same tier. Thus the reason, I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, wish Disney could come up with another plan on those.

Yep, they have a tier system. I think @PolyRob posted the tiers sometime back. It would be nice if with the new Toy Story Land, one could book say all three SDD, TSM, and the Alien Swirling Saucers (better not put the acronym here unless I want to be flagged!) But, the Toy Story Land rides are all in the same group! I would prefer to rope drop the Rockin roller coaster and Star Tours, and then have FPs for Toy Story Land. That would be how I would want to do the park. Hollywood Studios is my least preferred park, I hope when the whole Star Wars land gets added I'll feel differently about it.

I hate the tier system, because the things I want to book are essentially in the same tier. Thus the reason, I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, wish Disney could come up with another plan on those.
The tier system allows more people to get a FP for at least one of the TSL rides. It's a way to "spread the wealth" so to speak. If they didn't have the tiers, most people would do exactly like you and choose all the TSL rides, making it so that many others get none at all.

And FYI, the widely used acronym for Alien Swirling Saucers is AS2.

I I think they should come up with a new plan I don't like the way it really works. Like you said it seems that the rides I want even at Epcot they all kind of coincide together of what I want to do. There's days where I just don't feel like waking up early and doing rope drop. I'm one of those people who very rarely do rope drop I just don't see the purpose of it. Also Magic Kingdom to take away my favorite opening theme when they had all the characters on the train. New show in my opinion is not worth waking up for.

I would prefer to rope drop the Rockin roller coaster and Star Tours, and then have FPs for Toy Story Land.
During that awkward time where there was only TSM with the original two tracks, RnR was also a tier 1. It was rough and that was usually my plan. Go to RnR as early as I could and use my FP+ for TSM. I very much welcome RnR becoming tier 2 now since it’s probably my favorite roller coaster on property.

I’m also a huge fan of morning EMH at DHS. I can cleanup in that 1 hour on Sunday mornings!

I I think they should come up with a new plan I don't like the way it really works. Like you said it seems that the rides I want even at Epcot they all kind of coincide together of what I want to do. There's days where I just don't feel like waking up early and doing rope drop. I'm one of those people who very rarely do rope drop I just don't see the purpose of it. Also Magic Kingdom to take away my favorite opening theme when they had all the characters on the train. New show in my opinion is not worth waking up for.
Epcot’s tiers are so bizarre. The character spot was added to tier 1 summer of 2018 which is just so bizarre to me. I get that it gets more crowded than Nemo at a faster rate, but I could never personally forgo Frozen, Soarin, or Test Track for the character spot.

The Disney Visa usually gets me two of these characters in the same park with less wait time than a FP+!

Epcot’s tiers are so bizarre. The character spot was added to tier 1 summer of 2018 which is just so bizarre to me. I get that it gets more crowded than Nemo at a faster rate, but I could never personally forgo Frozen, Soarin, or Test Track for the character spot.

The Disney Visa usually gets me two of these characters in the same park with less wait time than a FP+!
I agree that way Epcot does it is very weird. Not sure how they came up with that but I would never have a FastPass for any of the characters they offer there. Also the thing that cracks me up is why is Baymax alone? Also why is joy and sadness there. I was never big fan of the movie and they are still there I think there's some better characters you can put in there in my opinion.

I agree that way Epcot does it is very weird. Not sure how they came up with that but I would never have a FastPass for any of the characters they offer there. Also the thing that cracks me up is why is Baymax alone? Also why is joy and sadness there. I was never big fan of the movie and they are still there I think there's some better characters you can put in there in my opinion.
Yeah, I really don't know what they're doing. I know they've been cycling new characters in that area. Ralph and Vanellope did not bump Baymax. Instead I believe they are moving from the temporary location to the Imagination Pavilion. Wouldn't it make more sense to put Joy and Sadness in the imagination Pavilion? IDK Just my thought lol

Yeah, I really don't know what they're doing. I know they've been cycling new characters in that area. Ralph and Vanellope did not bump Baymax. Instead I believe they are moving from the temporary location to the Imagination Pavilion. Wouldn't it make more sense to put Joy and Sadness in the imagination Pavilion? IDK Just my thought lol
I agree with that that they should move joy and sadness but who knows what they're planning on doing. Maybe they will have some other characters as the Galaxy of Guardian Brian gets put up. Maybe characters from Ratatouille will also show up when they're ride comes around so only time will tell.

The tier system allows more people to get a FP for at least one of the TSL rides. It's a way to "spread the wealth" so to speak. If they didn't have the tiers, most people would do exactly like you and choose all the TSL rides, making it so that many others get none at all.

And FYI, the widely used acronym for Alien Swirling Saucers is AS2.
Well, there we go, figured it had an acronym. Sometimes I don't like using any in the even some don't know what we are talking about here. I know Disney has their reasonings, I just don't like the tier system, not in any of the parks that have them. But, no choice on the matter, although I haven't been to WDW since they put in the new TSL. It forces some strategies: to go out of TSL and ride other things, and then back in later to stand in line ride the third, and maybe even the second ride if the lines (likely) were crazy if one did the RRR, ToT, or ST rope drops first. Or to stay and deal with the lines after rope dropping one, FP the second, and by that time lines will be huge, to stand in line for the third with no FP, with all the craze that's in TSL because it's the most popular area currently.
During that awkward time where there was only TSM with the original two tracks, RnR was also a tier 1. It was rough and that was usually my plan. Go to RnR as early as I could and use my FP+ for TSM. I very much welcome RnR becoming tier 2 now since it’s probably my favorite roller coaster on property.

I’m also a huge fan of morning EMH at DHS. I can cleanup in that 1 hour on Sunday mornings!
I love RRR, easily one of my favorite rides. But, I like ToT, my kids hate that and won't go on. They love ST, and I hate that one for feeling dizzy from the screen, my equilibrium is off, and being closed in do not like, so I don't like to ride ST at all, but do but I'm pretty much through for rides for the day after I ride it. Probably will feel similar with the AS2, not my thing at all, just want to try it out without a huge line.

I love RRR, easily one of my favorite rides. But, I like ToT, my kids hate that and won't go on. They love ST, and I hate that one for feeling dizzy from the screen, my equilibrium is off, and being closed in do not like, so I don't like to ride ST at all, but do but I'm pretty much through for rides for the day after I ride it. Probably will feel similar with the AS2, not my thing at all, just want to try it out without a huge line.
I feel the same way about Star Tours! The first time I went on it I got dizzy. Its definitely an attraction I skip. For what its worth, AS2 does not bother me at all. It can really whip you if you're not expecting it. If you're riding with other passengers and tighten the seat belt properly, its pretty fun! I think it has to do with actual motion vs the simulated motion. I am fine with a little simulation like Soarin' and FoP, but Star Tours and Mission Space ruined me!

So today was FP day. I’m happy, I got everything I wanted. I would’ve preferred SDD to be a little earlier but that’s fine and I could’ve gotten FOP earlier but I like to do the Safari early plus I’m doing DAH the night before so would like to try to sleep a little bit, lol. But then again sleep is overrated at Disney

So here is my itinerary, I don’t have any hopping in it as I’ve never done it before and kind of not sure how to work it in.:

April 7th - Arrive at MCO at 6:30pm, due to time we will probably just check in and relax at POP

April 8th - MK - CP at 8:35am
HM - 9:50
BTM - 10:55
7DMT - 12:20
BOG - 2:20pm

April 9th - EPCOT - breakfast at POP maybe
Sunshine Seasons
Spaceship Earth - 9:40
Soarin - 10:45
Nemo - 11:55
Via Napoli - 5:05pm

April 10th - HS - breakfast at Woodys
TOT - 10:50
RNR - 11:50
SDD - 2:30
50’s PT - 5:05pm

April 11th - Outlets/DS/DAH at MK
1900 PF - 10:10am
Raglan Rd - 4:30pm
Going to MK for 7pm
7DMT - 6:55pm
Jungle Cruise - 7:55
BTM - 8:55
DAH starts at 10pm-1am

April 12th - AK - breakfast at POP
Safari - 9:20
FOP - 11:15
EE - 12:15
Lunch probably at Flame Tree
or Satuli
Dinner I may jump over to
EPCOT for and catch
illuminations

April 13th - departure day - Flight is at 1:39 so
DME will probably be 10:40 but
we may Uber back to the airport.
I booked SDD for 9:35 to get it in
1 last time.

I feel the same way about Star Tours! The first time I went on it I got dizzy. Its definitely an attraction I skip. For what its worth, AS2 does not bother me at all. It can really whip you if you're not expecting it. If you're riding with other passengers and tighten the seat belt properly, its pretty fun! I think it has to do with actual motion vs the simulated motion. I am fine with a little simulation like Soarin' and FoP, but Star Tours and Mission Space ruined me!
Yes, Soarin' and actually FoP make me feel a little off, but not too bad. If I feel strange I will look elsewhere, on FoP I look over to see the actual people on the other part of the ride! I learned that trick from boating and fishing, don't stare straight down in the water especially if the boat is anchored, or don't look so long at the fishing line, look out on the horizon and often. Star Tours does me in every time. I close my eyes at certain parts like traveling light speed, helps some but still I leave feeling terrible.

Are any of you taking part in the Star wars races?
No, I haven't heard of it until now that you mentioned it. Will have to see what this is.
So today was FP day. I’m happy, I got everything I wanted. I would’ve preferred SDD to be a little earlier but that’s fine and I could’ve gotten FOP earlier but I like to do the Safari early plus I’m doing DAH the night before so would like to try to sleep a little bit, lol. But then again sleep is overrated at Disney

So here is my itinerary, I don’t have any hopping in it as I’ve never done it before and kind of not sure how to work it in.:

April 7th - Arrive at MCO at 6:30pm, due to time we will probably just check in and relax at POP

Sunshine Seasons

Going to MK for 7pm
DAH starts at 10pm-1am

or Satuli
EPCOT for and catch
illuminations

1 last time.
Good job on booking FPs!

Sunshine Seasons

Going to MK for 7pm
DAH starts at 10pm-1am

or Satuli
EPCOT for and catch
illuminations

1 last time.
Wow, SDMT on 60+1 is a serious score that early in the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter