***April 2019***

Now that Fastpasses and Dining are done, i'm kind of (im)patiently waiting to go. I ordered a custom cake for my husbands birthday today, and next week we will order our DAH tickets for DHS, but after that, all that's left is packing. Our daughter is 12 and i'm pretty sure she's outgrown everything she had for summer, so i'm not looking forward to that shopping trip at all! Why do the last 50 days seem to take forever?

Now that Fastpasses and Dining are done, i'm kind of (im)patiently waiting to go. I ordered a custom cake for my husbands birthday today, and next week we will order our DAH tickets for DHS, but after that, all that's left is packing. Our daughter is 12 and i'm pretty sure she's outgrown everything she had for summer, so i'm not looking forward to that shopping trip at all! Why do the last 50 days seem to take forever?
The Struggle is Real.

I have a 9 year old DD and I'm pretty sure we'll have to make a shopping trip as well!

All I have left to do is buy our DAH tickets too. I'm still on the fence about which one, MK or HS. We've done MK and it was awesome, but we love the rides at HS!

We missed the opening of our FP window because we had to wait for military tickets from Shades of Green too. But we’re mostly able to get when we wanted at 48 days out (didn’t need FoP though). Crossing my fingers for you!

Thanks! We got our military tickets a couple days after that post and got all our FPs. We have done FOP a bunch of times so I wasn’t too worried about getting that one and they were all gone. I was pleasantly surprised at all the FPs we could get given that its school vacation week for the NE. FOP was the only one we could not get. Now I just need to book the DHS DAH and we’ll be all set. I have The Void Star Wars booked.

Okay DIS friends, I'm new posting here but have been reading for a couple of years. This is our second trip to WDW (we went in August 2017 for the first time). We had an amazing trip last time, but I was definitely a rookie with plans and FPs and just figuring everything out. We missed out on a lot, but I think we had the best possible trip we could have had, given the circumstances (soul crushing heat and humidity, and a 3-month-old in tow).

This trip is April 27-May 4, and will be me, DH and our three girls, ages 7, 5, and almost 2. Four out of five are wimps when it comes to rides, so we’re skipping the thrillers. I haven’t included it in official plans, but we’re well aware that we will need multiple bathroom breaks and chill out breaks throughout the day, especially for DD2. We fell in love with baby care on the last trip, so there may be points where we either all go for a bit, or one of the parents takes the older ones on the attractions while the other parent stays in baby care with DD2. DD2 is also awesome at napping on the fly--in the stroller, someone’s arms, or our toddler Ergo.

I love feedback! Please critique, suggest, validate, scoff, whatever!

Arrival Day, Sat 4/27:
Our plane gets in at 3, so in a best case scenario, we’re hoping to take DME to Pop, bypass the room, and head straight to the busses. Maybe we’ll get to Epcot by 6? If so…

Spaceship Earth--FP for 6:00-7:00
Frozen Ever After--FP for 7:00-8:00
Possibly meet Anna and Elsa if kids are up for it. Any extra time will be spent in Mexico at the pavilion.
ADR at 8 at Garden Grill

Day 2, Sun 4/28: HS
Try to rope drop morning EMH for TSL and get on Toy Story Mania together, browse TSL, get a snack, just take it in. We are SUPER excited to see it! We’re all big Toy Story fans.
Slinky Dog Dash--FP for 10-11 with DH and DD5
Toy Story Mania--FP for 10-11 with me, DD7, DD2
After, possibly standby other TSL attractions with DH, DD7, and DD5, while I take DD2 to baby care. Depends on the time, of course..
Frozen Sing Along (if we can make the 11:30)
ADR at 12:00 at 50s Prime Time
Meet Kylo Ren and Chewbacca and then, it’s just shows. Touring Plans gave me this order:
Muppet Vision 3D
Disney Jr Dance Party
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage

This is our only day dedicated just for HS, unless we run back on another day before close. I just don’t know what to expect in TSL other than crowds and no shade. I’m hoping since it’s EMH, it won’t be incredibly insane and will be a bit cooler.

Day 3, Mon 4/29: MK
Another one where I’m still stuck on which FPs to do.
ADR at 8:00 at BOG
Then all the Fantasyland attractions we can squeeze in while wait times are short. We’re fully prepared to cut things in the interest of time, but I’d rather have too much planned that can be trimmed back. This is the order Touring Plans is giving us:
Meet Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea
Barnstormer (x4--twice for each kid tall enough)
Dumbo
Meet Cinderella/Elena--FP for 10-11. Touring Plans has us hitting this at 10:35
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana
It’s a Small World
Peter Pan’s Flight--FP for 11:20-12:30
Lunch of Pinocchio Village Haus
Buzz Lightyear--FP for 12:30-1:30
Tomorrowland attractions like PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc. We’ll probably look for more Buzz FPs if any pop up for later in the day.
Relax, shop, snack
Early dinner at Pecos Bill’s, shop if we want to, then exit at around 5.

Day 4, Tues 4/30: Epcot
“Sleeping in” day to catch up on rest. My plan WAS to hit Epcot in time for the 2:30 showing of Beauty and the Beast Sing Along, but now the showtimes have been removed from the plans, so maybe it’ll be open, maybe not. We’ll pretend it still is. I’m going to say that if it is, we will definitely go for a FP. Epcot also has EMH evening hours and our kids are awesome little nightowls!

Whether or not BATB happens, we’ll hang out in France and have some snacks. Our 7-year-old loves all things French right now, so she is very excited. I want some fish and chips, so one of us will probably get food for the kids and a table outside in France while the other goes to the UK for fish and chips to bring back and we’ll eat together. Then move along to Japan and do Pick A Pearl and shop, check out China for a bit, see if Mulan is around, and then go on Norway.

Frozen Ever After--FP for 6:00-8:00
If time, and we didn’t do it on our first day, meet Anna/Elsa
ADR at 6:55 at Akershus

Then we’ll head over to the Land/Seas and do the attractions there. Touring Plans is showing very, very short waits, so I’m thinking we won’t even bother with FPs. We’ll see Soarin’, Living with the Land, Nemo, Turtle Talk, probably multiple times. We’ll stay as late as the kids want to, and maybe hit Spaceship Earth on the way out.

Day 5, Wed 5/1: AK and ??
So excited to do a park with crowd level on this day of 1! We will rest again in the morning, and try to get to AK at noon.

We want to check out Wilderness Explorers, but I’m not even 100% sure what that entails or what it is, beyond earning “badges.” Is it just extra things to do at various points in the park or is there a big beginning presentation? DD7 is majorly into Girl Scouts, and DD5’s dream is to be a Girl Scout (in the fall!), so I think it will appeal to them.

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Meet Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost--FP for 12:30-1:30
Kilimanjaro Safaris--FP for 1:30-2:30
Take the Wildlife Express Train, do Gorilla Falls, then try to do another Safari standy, and/or get FPs for more.
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Go to Dinoland for a snack, then Triceratop Spin and Finding Nemo (4:30 show--might move this up in the interest of time, since that’s the last show.)
Exploring Dinoland for as long as they want. DD5 has a new interest in dinosaurs.
Then to Discovery Island Trails and It’s Tough to Be a Bug.
Dinner at Flame Tree or Pizzafari
More Kilimanjaro Safaris!

DH and I decided NOT to do Festival of the Lion King, even though we liked it. The girls thought it was just okay, and if they’re fine skipping it, we are too. More time for safaris!

Touring Plans has our day here ending at around 6, so even if we take longer (which we will), it will be an “early” night. Magic Kingdom has evening EMH, and Hollywood Studios has a crowd level of 2, so we have discussed possibly DH or me taking DD7 and/or DD5 back out for some special time.

Day 6, Thurs 5/2: MK
We’ll start this day with a breakfast ADR at 9:35 at Chef Mickey’s with my dad, who is coming up from his home in the Keys to meet us. Then we’ll go over to MK. I’m thinking we’ll get into MK at 11-11:30? We want to get DD2 first haircut at Harmony Barbershop, and also get silhouettes from the cart on Main Street. Then:
Meet Tinkerbell--FP for 11:45-12:45ish
Swiss Family Treehouse (major nostalgia for me)
Country Bear Jamboree (same)
Tom Sawyer Island--let them play there for a bit, but leave time to get to our…
ADR at 2:20 at Cinderella’s Royal Table
Prince Charming’s Royal Carrousel
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Dumbo
Enchanted Tales with Belle--FP for 4:00-5:00
Barnstormer (if the line is short and they want to do it again)
Tomorrowland attractions
Buzz Lightyear--FP for 5:00-6:00
Shopping, down time, go to Columbia Harbour House for dinner when we’re ready.

More down time, possibly Jungle Cruise, although the wait looks long. Looking for more FPs and just see what happens. I’d LOVE to be able to stay for the fireworks and closing show, but they all hate fireworks (still--short lines on rides!), and it will be a pretty long day.

Day 7, Fri 5/3: Epcot
This will be a catch up day, depending on what we missed on previous Epcot days. We’ll start with a breakfast ADR at 10 at Garden Grill.
Journey into the Imagination
Disney Pixar film fest
Meet Disney pals at Character Spot--FP for 12-1
Then go up through World Showcase, starting with Mexico and the Three Caballeros, and stop where we like, get snacks, etc. Lunch somewhere. Maybe dinner too.

Another evening where we might split up and take the older DDs for some special time.

Day 8, Departure Day, Sat 5/4: so sad!

I don’t know what to do this day! Our flight doesn’t leave until 10pm, so we have oodles of time! We have park tickets for this day, so I might just try for FPs for TSL stuff, and see if we make it. We did Disney Springs last time, and while it’s lovely, it’s also something we don’t mind skipping. It’s special, but not as special as the parks.

So, whaddaya think?

Wow! I think it looks great. Lots of down time, but hitting all the high spots for your family. ENJOY!!

I have a 9 year old DD and I'm pretty sure we'll have to make a shopping trip as well!

All I have left to do is buy our DAH tickets too. I'm still on the fence about which one, MK or HS. We've done MK and it was awesome, but we love the rides at HS!

We are doing both! We did the MK one on our last trip and it was amazing so doing it on this trip was a no brainer. I’m assuming crowds during the day will be high so this will help us get our must dos in and then we can be more flexible on our park days. My husband keeps calling this our “budget” trip and was against the DAH at HS night but this is where the power of a 12 year old girls non stop chatter wore him down and we are now going to that too. Hoping to get 2-3 rides in on SDD and TSM and then doing whatever else we want. I’m excited to see how DAH goes in that park!

Okay DIS friends, I'm new posting here but have been reading for a couple of years. This is our second trip to WDW (we went in August 2017 for the first time). We had an amazing trip last time, but I was definitely a rookie with plans and FPs and just figuring everything out. We missed out on a lot, but I think we had the best possible trip we could have had, given the circumstances (soul crushing heat and humidity, and a 3-month-old in tow).

This trip is April 27-May 4, and will be me, DH and our three girls, ages 7, 5, and almost 2. Four out of five are wimps when it comes to rides, so we’re skipping the thrillers. I haven’t included it in official plans, but we’re well aware that we will need multiple bathroom breaks and chill out breaks throughout the day, especially for DD2. We fell in love with baby care on the last trip, so there may be points where we either all go for a bit, or one of the parents takes the older ones on the attractions while the other parent stays in baby care with DD2. DD2 is also awesome at napping on the fly--in the stroller, someone’s arms, or our toddler Ergo.

Arrival Day, Sat 4/27:
Our plane gets in at 3, so in a best case scenario, we’re hoping to take DME to Pop, bypass the room, and head straight to the busses. Maybe we’ll get to Epcot by 6? If so…

Possibly meet Anna and Elsa if kids are up for it. Any extra time will be spent in Mexico at the pavilion.
ADR at 8 at Garden Grill

Try to rope drop morning EMH for TSL and get on Toy Story Mania together, browse TSL, get a snack, just take it in. We are SUPER excited to see it! We’re all big Toy Story fans.
After, possibly standby other TSL attractions with DH, DD7, and DD5, while I take DD2 to baby care. Depends on the time, of course..
Meet Kylo Ren and Chewbacca and then, it’s just shows. Touring Plans gave me this order:
Muppet Vision 3D
Disney Jr Dance Party

This is our only day dedicated just for HS, unless we run back on another day before close. I just don’t know what to expect in TSL other than crowds and no shade. I’m hoping since it’s EMH, it won’t be incredibly insane and will be a bit cooler.

Then all the Fantasyland attractions we can squeeze in while wait times are short. We’re fully prepared to cut things in the interest of time, but I’d rather have too much planned that can be trimmed back. This is the order Touring Plans is giving us:
Meet Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea
Dumbo
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana
It’s a Small World
Tomorrowland attractions like PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc. We’ll probably look for more Buzz FPs if any pop up for later in the day.
Relax, shop, snack

“Sleeping in” day to catch up on rest. My plan WAS to hit Epcot in time for the 2:30 showing of Beauty and the Beast Sing Along, but now the showtimes have been removed from the plans, so maybe it’ll be open, maybe not. We’ll pretend it still is. I’m going to say that if it is, we will definitely go for a FP. Epcot also has EMH evening hours and our kids are awesome little nightowls!

Whether or not BATB happens, we’ll hang out in France and have some snacks. Our 7-year-old loves all things French right now, so she is very excited. I want some fish and chips, so one of us will probably get food for the kids and a table outside in France while the other goes to the UK for fish and chips to bring back and we’ll eat together. Then move along to Japan and do Pick A Pearl and shop, check out China for a bit, see if Mulan is around, and then go on Norway.

Then we’ll head over to the Land/Seas and do the attractions there. Touring Plans is showing very, very short waits, so I’m thinking we won’t even bother with FPs. We’ll see Soarin’, Living with the Land, Nemo, Turtle Talk, probably multiple times. We’ll stay as late as the kids want to, and maybe hit Spaceship Earth on the way out.

So excited to do a park with crowd level on this day of 1! We will rest again in the morning, and try to get to AK at noon.

We want to check out Wilderness Explorers, but I’m not even 100% sure what that entails or what it is, beyond earning “badges.” Is it just extra things to do at various points in the park or is there a big beginning presentation? DD7 is majorly into Girl Scouts, and DD5’s dream is to be a Girl Scout (in the fall!), so I think it will appeal to them.

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Take the Wildlife Express Train, do Gorilla Falls, then try to do another Safari standy, and/or get FPs for more.
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Go to Dinoland for a snack, then Triceratop Spin and Finding Nemo (4:30 show--might move this up in the interest of time, since that’s the last show.)
Exploring Dinoland for as long as they want. DD5 has a new interest in dinosaurs.

DH and I decided NOT to do Festival of the Lion King, even though we liked it. The girls thought it was just okay, and if they’re fine skipping it, we are too. More time for safaris!

Touring Plans has our day here ending at around 6, so even if we take longer (which we will), it will be an “early” night. Magic Kingdom has evening EMH, and Hollywood Studios has a crowd level of 2, so we have discussed possibly DH or me taking DD7 and/or DD5 back out for some special time.

We’ll start this day with a breakfast ADR at 9:35 at Chef Mickey’s with my dad, who is coming up from his home in the Keys to meet us. Then we’ll go over to MK. I’m thinking we’ll get into MK at 11-11:30? We want to get DD2 first haircut at Harmony Barbershop, and also get silhouettes from the cart on Main Street. Then:
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Dumbo
Tomorrowland attractions

More down time, possibly Jungle Cruise, although the wait looks long. Looking for more FPs and just see what happens. I’d LOVE to be able to stay for the fireworks and closing show, but they all hate fireworks (still--short lines on rides!), and it will be a pretty long day.

This will be a catch up day, depending on what we missed on previous Epcot days. We’ll start with a breakfast ADR at 10 at Garden Grill.
Disney Pixar film fest
Then go up through World Showcase, starting with Mexico and the Three Caballeros, and stop where we like, get snacks, etc. Lunch somewhere. Maybe dinner too.

Another evening where we might split up and take the older DDs for some special time.

I don’t know what to do this day! Our flight doesn’t leave until 10pm, so we have oodles of time! We have park tickets for this day, so I might just try for FPs for TSL stuff, and see if we make it. We did Disney Springs last time, and while it’s lovely, it’s also something we don’t mind skipping. It’s special, but not as special as the parks.

So, whaddaya think?
Great plans! Those are busy packed days! I think the only thing is the MK day one, hopefully you can get to all those rides before the FPs start, most likely yes, but could be a lot to try to do with three littles in tow.

Arrival Day, Sat 4/27:

ADR at 8 at Garden Grill

Muppet Vision 3D
Disney Jr Dance Party

Meet Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea
Dumbo
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana
It’s a Small World
Relax, shop, snack

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Maharajah Jungle Trek

Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Dumbo
Tomorrowland attractions

Disney Pixar film fest

So, whaddaya think?
You didn’t say what time you have to be at the airport on your arrival day so maybe this doesn’t apply, but travel days can be exhausting especially for kids. I feel like you might have some awfully tired kiddos by the time of your GG ADR at 8pm.

You didn’t say what time you have to be at the airport on your arrival day so maybe this doesn’t apply, but travel days can be exhausting especially for kids. I feel like you might have some awfully tired kiddos by the time of your GG ADR at 8pm.

Thanks for the input--fortunately our flight is a fairly short direct one from DC, and we live pretty close to the airport. We'll probably be leaving our house at around 11am, so no crazy early wake-ups.

I've now purchased DAH for HS for our trip, and I've swapped out our Tusker House lunch with a Boma dinner for when we have the dining plan. I think we'll all enjoy seeing AKL for the first time, and that I'll like the potentially calmer atmosphere and wider variety at the buffet. I think I'm mostly done with planning. I've been unsuccessful in finding an opening for the Up Close with Rhinos tour, so I think that is out.

The only thing left to really ponder is snacks for our 2 days on the dining plan, and then breakfast at BOG.

For snacks, for those two days we'll be at MK and AK. I'm not terribly concerned with getting par on snacks, as we're doing pretty well using Storybook and Boma. I think we might enjoy something from Starbucks, and then an orange or pineapple float at MK. At AK, I'm less certain. Possibly something from Kussafari in the morning, and then not sure if some of that pulled pork mac and cheese or something else.

As far as BOG, I think we'll get the open faced egg sandwich, the croque madame, and probably the kids scrambled eggs or french toast. I hope we get to pick where to sit; I absolutely love the West Wing. I know some folks think it's dark, but it feels like a lovely break from the bright outside, to me.

This is so exciting, I’ll be there April 19-28. Boyfriend is arriving in the afternoon on the 22nd (family Easter stuff) so I’ll have my first mini solo trip :-o

That solo time sounds delightful! I've been debating taking a long weekend solo trip. : )

I'm looking at the Disney/Pixar show now instead of Nemo, looks like there are newer movies in there since our last visit in 2017.

Ooh, where can you see which movies are in the Pixar shorts? I didn't plan to do it because we saw it a couple years ago, but if there are new ones I'll add it in.

Ooh, where can you see which movies are in the Pixar shorts? I didn't plan to do it because we saw it a couple years ago, but if there are new ones I'll add it in.

I'd love to know too! We went in 2017 and saw Get a Horse, Feast, and Piper. They were all cute (and we'd probably see them again) but it would be great to see new ones.

Arrival Day, Sat 4/27:

ADR at 8 at Garden Grill

Muppet Vision 3D
Disney Jr Dance Party

Meet Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea
Dumbo
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana
It’s a Small World
Relax, shop, snack

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Maharajah Jungle Trek

Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Dumbo
Tomorrowland attractions

Disney Pixar film fest

So, whaddaya think?

That's a lot, but I'm totally jealous of the CL1 days. You hopefully can fit most of it in! I believe the Wildlife Express train is still closed, but I might be wrong about that.

Fast Pass day for us! I managed to get everything we wanted, with just a slight change in time. I did get us on Slinky Dog Dash (at 60+1!) but at 8pm, not morning like I was hoping for. It'll work out, we'll just have to change that day around a bit. I got a matching FP for Toy Story Mania for DD5, DD2, and me, and got another SDD/TSM FP for our departure day, which we hadn't planned yet. When I first started putting this itinerary together, I figured SDD would be an "it" attraction, but didn't realize just how difficult FPs would be to get for it.

Got everything else we were after with no problems, so I'm very happy!

In Epcot, it's one of the Group B, or Tier 2, fastpasses. It's back by Figment.
I'd love to know too! We went in 2017 and saw Get a Horse, Feast, and Piper. They were all cute (and we'd probably see them again) but it would be great to see new ones.
Unfortunately I think they are still showing these when I looked it up. We haven't seen these, it was some other ones when we went last, one was La Luna the moon. But, we haven't been since end May/beginning June 2017.

*Here are some links that discuss refurbishments/closures. I'm not certain when the wildlife train AK reopens? I'm not seeing consistent information when I look across sites. If there's some other link out there that lays it out, that would be great. I am not sad about Tomorrow Speedway being closed when we go at all - too bad it's just temporary I wish they'd replace it, my kids will be sad about Stitch's Great Escape (I won't be) closing, and I'll miss the railroad that goes around MK! I guess that'll be closed during the time we go.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-refurbishments/
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter