April/May 2006 Code Watch

About the same time I got the e-mail, 11+ hours after it was reported on this board. DH yelled to me in another room when it came in, told him it was the same rate I'd been whining about just missing all day. Sometimes I don't think he listens when I talk Disney.:teeth:

Guess the info here is an edge, wonder why WDW doesn't time the email to go out @ beginning of business?

Good luck to all getting your rooms...keep your fingers crossed for us June & July folks...hope we get the same discounts.
MAGICX2 said:
I have been trying to keep up with this thread, but I haven't done a very good job of it :worried: so this may be old news. I just got an email (I mean like at 6:15pm this evening) nad it had a code for AP holders rate through June 6. :thumbsup2 I called and she quoted me $300 even a night with tax and all for the Polynesian garden view for 5/19 and5/20. I thought this sounded good? :confused3 I got Caribbean Beach for $132.50 per night tax and all for a standard room. Not sure if this is old news or if the rates are any better than AAA. I would love to hear what you all have to say. ;)

I have been waiting for this to come out and now the code isn't available for POFQ resort and I don't think I want to change resorts. I tried 3 times just to verify that different CMs couldn't get it to work but no luck.Oh well...easy come, easy go.

just got off the phone with the res center. (afer being on hold for over an hour!) we HAD booked for CBR w/preffered location, due to mother-in-laws leg issues. was told i couldn't change to the YVI with a preffered room, i needed to change to a water view. it's funny you know...they cost the same ammount, except the preffered is closer to the main area. to me this makes NO SENSE!!!!!! the only reason we are going with the upgrade is because all the kids want to go to the water parks. geez!
ps- i only saved around $60 off the original price.

For those who haven't been able to secure their desired room, remember to call back and check again in 2 weeks from today . That's when all of the reservations that didn't have deposits applied will fall back into the system. Good luck! :thumbsup2

FYI

If you already have a package booked with premium tickets (already including hopping and fun options), and you booked it last year, this promo will not save you any money. In fact I priced a package I had booked last year for May this year, including dining, and because of the ticket increases, the promo package costs more.

My DU agent just emailed me to let me know that she had already added the new free ticket upgrade to my reservation, and that it has saved me about $62 off my original rates for the MYW pkg. My question is, if I paid $35 times 3 people for the hopper add-on ($105) why am I only being credited $62 and change? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something...I'm curious to see what she says... :confused3

...edited to add: I just saw the post right before mine - maybe that kinda explains it...?

n2mm said:
I thought the maximum nights for a single AP reservation was 10 nights? Maybe you are only booked for 10 nights.

I verified the nights. Maybe they did 10 and 1? But whatever! I can't believe we're going to be staying at WL for less than $1500! We're so excited! We've been dieing to stay there, but we weren't sure if we'd be able to afford it. Now we can since that what we were planning to spend for POR. I guess we got some pixie dust yesterday. :goodvibes

phyllis1966 said:
My DU agent just emailed me to let me know that she had already added the new free ticket upgrade to my reservation, and that it has saved me about $62 off my original rates for the MYW pkg. My question is, if I paid $35 times 3 people for the hopper add-on ($105) why am I only being credited $62 and change? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something...I'm curious to see what she says... :confused3

...edited to add: I just saw the post right before mine - maybe that kinda explains it...?
It's what you think. Because you are not really upgrading your current package, but rebooking at the new 2006 prices, the savings is not as great as you would think.

2006 prices are higher, but with the freebies still less than 2005 prices where you paid for the add ons.

I think that the 2006 tickets include more plusses, depending on when the # of nights.

Luv4Disney said:
I verified the nights. Maybe they did 10 and 1? But whatever! I can't believe we're going to be staying at WL for less than $1500! We're so excited! We've been dieing to stay there, but we weren't sure if we'd be able to afford it. Now we can since that what we were planning to spend for POR. I guess we got some pixie dust yesterday. :goodvibes

I hope this all works out for you. Have you checked your reservations online yet to make sure all is correct? When the CMs have to make 2 reservations (10day) and (1day), you have to make 2 seperate deposits. Did you make 2 deposits? I would be nervous, but hope it works out for you (it looks like a cast member rate to me).

Okay, I'm getting really confused w/ all these codes & dates flying around here. Can someone help me out here and correct me if I'm wrong. The AP codes begin 4/23 for room discounts, the AAA/Visa discounts on the park ticket upgrades begin on 4/23, and is there a public code for room discounts beginning 4/23 as well?? :confused3

nin8jc said:
the AAA/Visa discounts on the park ticket upgrades begin on 4/23, and is there a public code for room discounts beginning 4/23 as well?? :confused3

Is the AAA upgrade official? I only heard of the visa not AAA. Anyone know?

too funny deelam you seem to be flipping back and forth to the same posts and I am. I guess I worded my question wrong in that it's not a AAA code but that a lot of people have been going thru AAA, I think maybe the Visa code is now avail. to the gen. public??

Leave it to Disney to leave us poor unfortunate souls so very confused. :confused3

My AAA TA says there are no AAA codes out yet but they could be coming. I am hoping this other code of YVA will work for us. I just wrote her about it.

I just want to try the water parks! Come on Disney quite teasing me! :scared:

What is YVA for? I thought it was YVH.

Oh, I'm so confused now! :crazy2:

geetey said:
For those who haven't been able to secure their desired room, remember to call back and check again in 2 weeks from today . That's when all of the reservations that didn't have deposits applied will fall back into the system. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Wow Thanks I didn't know this. I thought I would have to call everyday as people might be changing there plans.

I am trying to get WL standard, instead of WL Courtyard for May12-19 with AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter