Aprincess72 Wedding TR! SBP/Raglan Road/Illuminations DP -Complete! Photo link added!

I'm so sorry about your mom - I have family like that too:sad2:

I couldn't help but laugh at the face you made in the pics! You were totally in your right to feel that way, poor thing :wizard:

Can't wait to hear more...

Friday, April 27th (the first half)

It's wedding day!

I never sleep past 7 am. I wish I could and I really wanted to sleep in this day because I knew it was going to be a long day. There was just no way though. I was waaay too excited.
I decided that I have way too many products (yea I'm a junkie) that it takes to get me ready. So I thought I could sneak over to our room and take a shower without DF seeing me. He sleeps like a bear and I know he stayed out late and thought for sure he would be sound asleep. Guess who greets me at the door! OOPS! Oh well! As long as he doesn't see me in my dress I suppose it's cool!

I scheduled a Bride's breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:30. I thought it would be a great photo op for everyone and a relaxed way to kill time the morning of the wedding. Not to mention a way to get unlimited amounts of bacon and Mickey waffles into my system. I'm really glad I did this but I probably should have done it a bit earlier! For breakfast I invited the parents, DFs parents, my trio, my bro, the grampa, and all the aunts & uncles. Once again my mother invites my "wedding crashers" and changes my ADR! Grrr! So now we are stuck in a room off the main room which is not where I was told we would be. I'm not thrilled again but today I just have to let it go. I don't need any bad mojo bringing me down today!
We had a great time. All of the characters came by twice and we got some cute photos.

Me & My Trio:
P1000865.jpg

Me & Alice:
P1000870.jpg

I told her I have a picture of her holding me when I was 3 months old and she said "Oh I remember!" That was so cute...

One of my BF made me a handmade, hand painted box with a bracelet inside. He had a charm made with our names and wedding date on it!
LOVE IT!
P1000894.jpg

P1000902.jpg

Bad news though… I left the box sitting on the table. I called right after we left but no one can locate it. I did a lost item report and have called weekly since but no one has turned it in. This shocks me that someone would keep something like this because he wrote a personal note on the bottom of it. I feel HORRIBLE! I can't believe I left it there. I guess I was a total scatter brain that day!

Lesson learned: Go back in person when you lose something as soon as you can! I bet I would have my box!!!

We finally get back to POFQ around 11:30 and I decided that I should take another shower. I probably should not have done that. One BF & MOH are hairdressers. However MOH decided we should let BF do my hair and she'll help. It took much longer than I expected. I did my makeup in about 10 minutes. My mom had my dress in her room so I had to run up a flight of stairs in my robe and a veil. I'm sure anyone that caught a glimpse of me was wondering what the heck was that??

We were pretty much running towards the lobby and still zipping up my dress and adjusting my veil. I wish they would have picked us up at our building instead of the front lobby. As we were running this nice man in a golf cart offered us a lift! He was a riot going on and on about how he'd never seen a bride running through the hotel before!

Us running:
P1000941.jpg

My golf cart guy!
P1000943.jpg

Lesson learned: over budget time or you will feel rushed all day!

Thank you everyone for your nice comments!

I was really excited about writing my TR! I had to restrain myself from opening my laptop while on our honeymoon and starting it. Luckily DH knows I'm a computer/Blackberry/online addict. I even took my BlackBerry or CrackBerry as I call it to the wedding ceremony... lol. I had to sneak it in though because my WP threatened to take it away if she saw it.

what a super, super report!!! you look WONDERFUL!!!!! just like a princess: :goodvibes ....waiting for more!!! and keep those photos coming!!!

Michelle:cloud9:

Sorry about the bracelet. That must really suck. Hopefully they will find it. As for your mom, you must have the patience of Job. I would have strangled her by now. Especially for changing the ADR's. Kudos to you for keeping your cool. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more.

Sorry about the bracelet. That must really suck. Hopefully they will find it. As for your mom, you must have the patience of Job. I would have strangled her by now. Especially for changing the ADR's. Kudos to you for keeping your cool. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more.

Luckily I have the bracelet! It's just the box I left behind because I put the bracelet on. I love the bracelet but the box meant a lot more since he made it. He's a super talented artist!

As for my mom, I have bitten my tongue my entire life so I'm really good at it!!!

Great TR thanks for posting!!! Can't wait to read more and see more pics!!!! popcorn:: I love the one's you've posted so far! :woohoo:

Definitely don't give up on your box!!... Funny story...

Now I come from a family of WDW junkies (my parents average 9 times a year via the Disney Vacation Club and another exchanged timeshare) and my parents are usually completely anal about checking EVERYWHERE in the room to make sure absolutely no one forgot ANYTHING. Well... We were staying at the Boardwalk and my mother managed to forget her 20+ year old electric razor. Now my dad, sister and I had been trying for years to get her a new one, telling her "they're better now!!" but she was absolutely attached to this razor. So, of course, that's what she forgot in the hotel room. Now any normal person would say "Oh well" and get a new razor. Not my mom!! For MONTHS, she called every day, filled out the report, etc. and would you believe one day about 3 1/2 months after the trip, they called and said they had it?! DF and I were down there on our CP at the time and I had to go to the lobby to claim my mother's electric razor. The funniest part was they had to actually call my mom at work that day to ensure that I was "authorized" to pick up the razor!!

Morals of the story (I LOVE yours!! :goodvibes ): 1) Never give up hope that something lost will be found and 2) ALWAYS look behind you! (I also once left my purse in a McDonald's in Virginia on a family vacation - wouldn't have been bad but the hotel we were staying at was over an hour away and of course I didn't realize I'd forgotten it until we were back in the room!)

Congrats and love this TR! :cutie:

I am really enjoying your trip report! You make the whole experience sound effortless and fun!

Your description (on a different thread) of the ceremony you wrote sounds HIGH-larious - would you consider posting it in this trip report when you get there? Or PMing me with it? I'm dying of curiosity! popcorn::

Subscribing...love everything so far. I will cross my fingers that you get your Mickey box back. Love that you did Raglan Road, its our very favorite!!

Keep the pics coming!

I love your TR so far. Can't wait to see the rest of your wedding day. I also like your 'lessons learned'. Good tips that we may not normally think about.

Congrats on your marriage! Love the TR so far! Great pics and wonderful descriptions-- love the Dumbo pic-- it shows your fun personality! Like lurkyloo, I also saw your ceremony description in a different thread and I hope you post it here!

Subscribing...love everything so far. I will cross my fingers that you get your Mickey box back. Love that you did Raglan Road, its our very favorite!!

Keep the pics coming!

We love RR too! We go there at least twice a month! I LOVE the salmon & the sirloin there! We like the band a bunch too!

WOW- I dont have a clue how I missed this-- but Im sure glad I found it! First let me tell you that you are beautiful! Second, im a total agenda junky too (too bad it never works out that way though). Third, how in the world do you deal with your mother? I would seriously flip a lid. I have a very passive personality, especially when dealing with reoccurring issues. It seems as though your mom/changing ADR/unexpected wedding guests was one of those.

I cant wait to hear more and see a better photo of that dress! Congratulations!

We finally make it to the limo about 15 minutes late. I’m usually a stickler about being on time so I am not happy about this. We also ended up losing valuable photography time!

Lesson learned: Get there early especially if you only have 2 hours of photography! Or pay for the extra hour!

Anyway, here’s a picture of DF in the POFQ lobby waiting on the limo! He says he wants to buy a tux now… lol
IMG_0656.jpg

Here’s DF in the BW lobby:
IMG_0661.jpg

In the limo I have with me my dad, mom, MOH, 1 BF, and Grampa. Let me just say that 6 is comfortable in the limo. They say you can fit 8 but I really think that’s pushing it when you have a girl in a big dress!
We spent our whole limo trip taking pictures. My mom is a picture snapping mad woman.
Here’s one I took:
P1000958.jpg

Finally we make it to the BW! I really can’t believe it’s time! It’s already going by very quickly too! I’m really excited to finally meet my WP, Jennifer. She is awesome! She truly made me feel relaxed and that everything was taken care of! I wasn’t worried about anything except the officiant!

MOH & Me
P1000965.jpg

Rosie and I had emailed back and forth quite a bit about flower colors. She sent me a great web site that had pictures of every flower imaginable. However, I knew that we also had to chose from what was available at the time of the wedding. I wasn't really that picky about it anyway. I love roses so any of them would be beautiful to me. I guess Floral wasn't sure so they made two MOH bouquets just in case and let me chose. That was pretty cool I thought. So you may see a really pink bouquet in some of the pictures. They let us keep it even though we didn't use it. DF carried it in some of the pics!

We brought our own champagne glasses, the Waterford crystal Cinderella’s slipper that DF bought me, and the wedding bobble heads. Jen took care of setting all of that up for us.

Sneak Peek:
My crystal slipper, a gift from DF on our first Christmas together. He actually drove from SC to WDW overnight and back to buy it! You also see here the cake server you can buy from DFTW

P1010050.jpg

cant wait to hear more about the rest of your wedding day! did you buy the cake server, i really should have bought one when we were over there, i really want one, ebay here i come!

cant wait to hear more about the rest of your wedding day! did you buy the cake server, i really should have bought one when we were over there, i really want one, ebay here i come!

I did buy the cake server & knife set. I figured I might need one someday!
Actually I thought it was such a pretty set that I couldn't resist!

I ahve that cake server too! I should get it out of the box and start using it!
I love all of your photos-- please feel free to add as many as you like in your Trip Report (load us down)-- plus I think photos really help out future brides. You look so pretty!

ETA: I think your gifts for your guests were so overly the top sweet! What I would have done to have been a guest at your wedding! That stuff was so nice! I hope everyone was really appreciative! Also I noticed the bracelet you are wearing in your photo above-- it looks GREAT on you! I love it.... I remember you saying you saved $60 or something on it. Do you remember how much you spent?

I ahve that cake server too! I should get it out of the box and start using it!
I love all of your photos-- please feel free to add as many as you like in your Trip Report (load us down)-- plus I think photos really help out future brides. You look so pretty!

Thanks!
Luckily my mother was camera happy and I have tons of pics. I haven't even had my disposable wedding cameras developed yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter