Aqua Cool Scarf

We kept our in baggies all day.

Again let me reinforce that the ones we bought at WDW were much better quailty than the ones we bought at Walmart. They cost a little less than dbl of the Walmart ones.But well worth the money spent because the Disney ones accidently got frozen in the frig and never oozed anything.

Mal

Mal,
I bought one of the walmart specials just to test out the technology :) I do plan to buy the ones at Disney, too. I was wondering---at WDW, where did you find yours? Also, do the directions on the Disney scarves say it is okay to freeze them--or was it an accident?
-DC

dpaine,
I do not want to wear mine right away to the park (we leave in two weeks), but I want it to be ready. Does the outer material stay wet or does it dry?

I have an aqua cool scarf which I activated (I wanted to see how it worked before we left) I soaked for about 5 mins and it was activated. It was soaking wet when I first took it out, but after about 2 hours, it was pretty much dry to the touch.
My directions say: Do not STORE in a closed bag or airtight container. With the high water content, I would worry about the whole thing getting moldy if it were stored in a plastic bag for more than a short time.
-DC

We bought the ones at WDW and I wet them and put them in a plastic bag overnight in the fridge for the next morning. When we took them out to wear them they had quite a "rotten egg" odor to them. My DD had been wearing one of them for two days prior and never noticed this odor so we think it was from being kept in plastic. I don't remember if we used Florida water or filtered but it wasn't very pleasant! After they had been out of plastic awhile we could stand to use them again.

To Malificent2 or anyone else who bought this at WDW,

Do you remember what patterns/colors the WDW scarves came in? And which store(s) could you buy them in?

Thanks for any info you can offer...

The only pattern I saw anywhere was a royal blue background with the words "Walt Disney World" and Disneyland" and Mickey Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto on it. We saw them at many of the streetcart vendors and also in some of the shops. They were pretty easy to find. :D

This things sound great!!:) My HD works in a warehouse all day (the company decided to cut the budget when building and not install ANY ceiling fans!:mad: ) and we have had such a HOT summer (already over 25 days over 90!!). We won't be in Disney til Dec and I really don't anticipate needing one then, but he would love it for work. He has one of those misty fans but it doesn't offer constant relief. I'll have to call our local Walmart to see if they sell them here, if not, I'll order the one from the internet!! Thanks for the great tip!!

Colleen

i recently bought one of these neck scarves & tried it out this past monday for the first time - i only soaked it once (in cold water, for 30 minutes) early monday morning - today is wednesday, and it is STILL cool & a little bit damp!! (i hadn't re-soaked it since monday)

how long does it take until this neck scarf is finally dry enough to put away?! (i don't want to store it until it is absolutely bone-dry, to prevent mold & mildew)

I bought 2 for my DH today at the local Walmart. I do have a question for those of you out there who have them. I read on a reply that they soaked it for 30 minutes...the instructions say 3 - 5 minutes...which works better? I think I will soak it tonight, then place it in the refrigerator for him tomorrow. Supposed to be another scortcher!:earseek:

Colleen

suzimar57
how long does it take until this neck scarf is finally dry enough to put away?!
I activated my scarf once on the 22nd of July (two weeks ago) and then I hung it up to dry. The crystals have almost completely dried out--but not quite.

-DC

Colleen,
the instructions say 3 - 5 minutes...which works better?
I would follow the directions on the package. It only took about 4 minutes for the crystals in my scarf to become saturated (scarf expanded like a sausage!). I don't know why it is different for other brands--perhaps they are using a different type of crystal?
I think the magic that keeps you cool is the miracle of evaporative cooling--(as the water evaporates from the crystals). If the cyrstals still contain moisture, the scarf will feel cool. I think I actually liked the scarf a little bit better on the second day when it wasn't quite so saturated.--but I am kind of fussy about scarves around my neck, so I don't know if most people would agree with that...
I hope your DH likes his scarves.

-DC

sorry just saw the questions directed to me.

Like ShariB said that is the only pattern we saw atthis time at WDW.They cost around $5

We only kept them in ziplocs when in the park.

Yes they froze on accident but the WDW did not leak anything after freezing the Walmart ones did.

Also the WDW one completely dry out alot quicker than the walmart ones.WDW one took about 3 days to dry the Walmart ones over a week.

I found mine at Mombasa Marketplace and Ziwani Traders across from Tuskers facing Fast pass station for the Safari ride.

But I did see them later at several carts thru out the AK.

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter