Are there any lawyers willing to speculate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I had a sad laugh about the comment requiring inspections of the WDW attractions. Sad because the Tyre Sampson tragedy occurred at an attraction that is subject to inspections.

Could a bill in the legislature overturn the developer agreement? And how can the government build on RCID land if the land is still owned by Disney?
I suspect the RCID land is simply an easement on the property, not actually owned by RCID (under any name).
Part of the land was ceded to RCID, although they could be in the form of outright transfers or of easements. The district obviously owns infrastructure like utilities. They don't have much land, but even then the restrictive agreement apparently specified that the new district couldn't use district owned land for things like retail businesses, such as retail gas stations.
Even if the new RCID tries to build on their land (assuming they do own it) they are still subject to the limitations of the recently passed land use covenant. That gives Disney the right to approve any new buildings.

Threatening to retaliate by building a prison next to Disney World? Now he's just starting to look unhinged. If he wants to be president, maybe he should start focusing on actual important issues as opposed to seething vindictiveness against a corporation that brings pleasure to millions of ordinary Americans.
I’m kinda hoping for a comment that there are already several prisons on property. The first order nearly put my kids and I in one until some rebels broke us out and I feel certain that I’ve sailed past one in Adventureland several dozen times.

In all seriousness though, I’m stuck on the mailed notification thing to affected property owners. I mean, that would be Disney, right? Aren’t they the only ones? Do the 53 residents own any property? If that’s the case then there’s a next to zero possibility that the Disney lawyers overlooked it.

I’m kinda hoping for a comment that there are already several prisons on property. The first order nearly put my kids and I in one until some rebels broke us out and I feel certain that I’ve sailed past one in Adventureland several dozen times.

In all seriousness though, I’m stuck on the mailed notification thing to affected property owners. I mean, that would be Disney, right? Aren’t they the only ones? Do the 53 residents own any property? If that’s the case then there’s a next to zero possibility that the Disney lawyers overlooked it.

Someone said that "affected property owners" could include those outside the property within some reasonable distance. I know when there's a municipal hearing (city/county/special district) for something like asking for a variance, but that's generally for the neighbors next to the property.

The only property owner is Disney, so I'd think they would have made sure they got it. I've never gotten anything through certified mail, and that sounds like something that would be pretty crazy to have to identify every single property owner and mail a certified letter for a district about the size of San Francisco. And they don't want to go that route if that means invalidating hundreds of different agreements under the same standard.

I would have thought it would have been a requirement to notify property owners directly affected, which means Disney.

Here's one attorney's take on this case. It weird because he has a sight gag involving Disneyland, but I guess that's what he could find to do a green screen insertion of himself.

He does acknowledge that his sight gag is off, but he explains why.
I don't think it's a green screen. He hasn't posted a video in a while, so he was probably on vacation.

I don't think it's a green screen. He hasn't posted a video in a while, so he was probably on vacation.

You're familiar with his work? He's based in DC but I believe he's originally from California.

Attorney Profile​

Devin James Stone #260326​

License Status: Active​
Address: Stone Law, 2300 18th St NW Unit 21186, Washington, DC 20009-7411​

I had another look at it and yeah it looks like he actually did it in Disneyland. He said something about feeling awkward being an adult by himself at Disneyland. I've actually done that before, but it was when my family was sleeping in and I thought that I could get World of Color reservations for my wife's ticket even though she hadn't entered.

Last edited:
You're familiar with his work? He's based in DC but I believe he's originally from California.

Attorney Profile​

Devin James Stone #260326​

License Status: Active​
Address: Stone Law, 2300 18th St NW Unit 21186, Washington, DC 20009-7411​

I had another look at it and yeah it looks like he actually did it in Disneyland. He said something about feeling awkward being an adult by himself at Disneyland. I've actually done that before, but it was when my family was sleeping in and I thought that I could get World of Color reservations for my wife's ticket even though she hadn't entered.
Yeah, I watch him all the time. He's had really good coverage of some recent cases. He also posts funny things about law in movies and TV, videos about random law topics (like what kinds of car mods are legal), and videos about general law questions.

Yeah, I watch him all the time. He's had really good coverage of some recent cases. He also posts funny things about law in movies and TV, videos about random law topics (like what kinds of car mods are legal), and videos about general law questions.

He had a great vid on She-Hulk. And he started off with Jen Walters’s UCLA diplomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter