Are Transportation Cards still a thing?

Animal Kingdom Fan100

Earning My Ears
We used to go to the World every year but have not been in 5 years so I'm trying to get back in the know! On our last trip we collected transportation cards for buses, monorails and boats. Does Disney still give these out? It was a fun and free thing to do! Thanks in advance!

We used to go to the World every year but have not been in 5 years so I'm trying to get back in the know! On our last trip we collected transportation cards for buses, monorails and boats. Does Disney still give these out? It was a fun and free thing to do! Thanks in advance!
Yes. We don't get them as often as we used to but I just passed some out last night. We also have the safety cards.

They had them at guest services at Animal Kingdom, they gave us a bunch when we went in to get a first visit button. A few bus drivers gave us some and I believe they gave us one of the boat to the Fort.

I've never heard of these, but this sounds fun. How/where do you get these? Do you ask for them or are they just handed out?
Bus drivers handed them to our kiddo while we were getting off the bus, it only happened a few times and only on the quieter bus rides. Generally it happened after she thanked them for the ride.

I've never heard of these, but this sounds fun. How/where do you get these? Do you ask for them or are they just handed out?
When I last collected them it was 5 years ago. We just asked the cast members when getting on the bus/monorail/boat. They didn't have the skyliner at the time. They had different cards for different types of boats and the different color monorail. Some cast members would just give one and others let me look through their stash for a particular card to try and get a whole set- at that time there were 27 cards. And on the backs there were trivia/fun facts about that type of transportation. It was fun to collect and free!

Last edited:
When I last collected them it was 5 years ago. We just asked the cast members when getting on the bus/monorail/boat. They didn't have the skyliner at the time. They had different cards for different types of boats and the different color monorail. Some cast members would just give one and others let me look through their stash for a particular card to try and get a whole set. It was fun to collect and free!
Posting the pics of the ones I collected. At that time there were 27 different cards
When I last collected them it was 5 years ago. We just asked the cast members when getting on the bus/monorail/boat. They didn't have the skyliner at the time. They had different cards for different types of boats and the different color monorail. Some cast members would just give one and others let me look through their stash for a particular card to try and get a whole set. It was fun to collect and free!

When I last collected them it was 5 years ago. We just asked the cast members when getting on the bus/monorail/boat. They didn't have the skyliner at the time. They had different cards for different types of boats and the different color monorail. Some cast members would just give one and others let me look through their stash for a particular card to try and get a whole set- at that time there were 27 cards. And on the backs there were trivia/fun facts about that type of transportation. It was fun to collect and free!
Thanks.. I am going to try this in April!

This is awesome and definitely high on my priority list! I love all different kinds of transport and am excited to experience the different options around WDW, and being able to collect cards makes that even more fun! I used to do something similar but with passport stamps - my first passport was stuffed full of entry/exit stamps going to all the central/European countries from before they became Schengen, and I had many of the borders multiple times with stamps by plane, foot, bike, bus, car, train, boat. Sadly the passport got stolen on a train platform in Prague on Easter Monday when heading back home to Germany, so I no longer have my awesome record. :/

If someone asks me I will ask if they are looing for a specific card. If not I will give out whichever card they would like and at times I will give one of each card to the same person. Again they have been hard for us to get at least for evening drivers like myself. But I have Gillig, Nova, Gillig Monsters Inc wrap and Articulated bus cards. The Nova cards are going to be like the RTS card and eventually we wont have any in the fleet. A few of the Novas will be left after all the new buses go into service but not many.

I assume the RTS buses were gone by the time you started. Got my license on one.

Way, way overdue if it’s the originals.
Only vacationed at Disney to ride in the RTS (2017 hire) and I agree on the Novas. Being wet on rainy days and hot all the time is not fun.

They added Skyliner cards recently. I think there’s a total of 35.
So apparently they’ve cut the number of cards. Just talked to a CM at the Monorail and they only have one card instead of one for each color monorail. The cards are no longer numbered either.

None of the tram CM’s I asked had one so I will try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter