Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Glad you are healing from your surgery, have you noticed any improvement?

So sad the last day! But at least you still had some time back in the World.

That Palo Brunch looks really good, I really want to cruise with DCL one day and do this.

Love the racecar sundae!

That towel Birthday cake was cool too!

Yes exactly time left at WDW! Thank you for reading. Yes you must try Palo brunch.

Oh yes the vision in that eye is much improved and one thing I did not realise was that the colours had become so dull. Now I feel like a person who just got their first colour TV thank you for asking,

Hi Polly,

Those desserts at Palo look amazing! Will have to try Palo one day! I'm also going to get us one of those ice cream desserts next time we are on Dream!!

Hope the eye is feeling a bit better today xx

Claire xx

Thanks Claire the car would be perfect and they also do a champions cup which was cool! You would love Palo brunch.

All caught up! You 2 are sure having a wonderful birthday celebration that goes on and on! So. Much. Ice. Cream! I love that last photo with the birthday towel creation was amazeballs! WOW!

I hope your eye is healing up nicely; from what I understand, they do heal up pretty quickly and well. Have you noticed difference yet in your sight?

Thank you for reading. It is healing slower than it should but I do have eye issues. The vision is amazing though!

Aren't the towel animals so skilled. I think it must take them ages!

You and Jo are both so darn cute with the characters. I am always too shy to have my photo taken with them. I think I need to get over that. When do you plan to cruise again? Have you taken an Alaskan cruise?

I see Minnie made it in the photo. :goodvibes
image-jpeg.206058
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your kind words. We plan to cruise again DCL Sep 2018. We cruise Royal Caribbean next August a first for us.

No we have not done Alaska. We prefer the warmer climate! It is fun with the characters, try one see how you do.

Ugh! I was fighting my browser all day yesterday and none of what I typed got saved.

I booked us to see Anna and Elsa on our next cruise, mainly because I want to see the ambiance you described in your update.

Last day on the ship is not fun, nice that Jo got everything packed up. That's what I end up doing for us as well.

I'm glad Palo was better for you at Brunch. I can't wait to eat there is just 100 or so days!

Can't wait to hear all about your GF adventure!

Ugh! I was fighting my browser all day yesterday and none of what I typed got saved.

I booked us to see Anna and Elsa on our next cruise, mainly because I want to see the ambiance you described in your update.

Last day on the ship is not fun, nice that Jo got everything packed up. That's what I end up doing for us as well.

I'm glad Palo was better for you at Brunch. I can't wait to eat there is just 100 or so days!

Can't wait to hear all about your GF adventure!

Oh how exciting you booked Elsa and Anna. I do hope that you like the Animators Palate makeover as much as we did.

I am excited by how close your cruise is now! Looking forward to a TR on that. Palo for you yeah! I just love the view and atmosphere in there not to mention the food.

Yes you and Jo are Fran and my little miracles! You are so good to us! Thank you for reading.

Day 5

Wednesday 21st September Mug rage, EPCOT and Dana

This morning I am a victim of mug rage... A guy clearly not a morning person decides he does not want to wait his turn in line at the refillable mug station so marges barges both myself and another innocent out of the way. Whilst the other person was gifted with fully balancing I am when out of wheelchair am bambi. As a consequence I fall smash into the counter. There is a gasp from other guests but no apology from Mr Rude. No he just fills his mug of fury and goes. I have really banged my elbow and it hurts. There is no way to fill up your mug without standing which I can do for short periods but I am not up to be shoved.

Jo was annoyed when I told her what happened. She asked me if I was hurt and I said I was ok just a little shocked. We went back to our room , picked up the car and went into EPCOT.

We had a FP+ for soarin but no FP+ for Frozen Ever After. FEA was like gold dust I just could not secure one before or during the vacation. From research I could see I can't actually get in the boat as my hips are fused and the sides too high but Jo kindly offered to lift me in. Normally I would pass on it but I really wanted to do this ride so I took her up on the kind offer. Our plan was to go straight to the ride get a return time on the DAS and then do our FP for Soarin returning to Frozen ever after.

On entering the park I was clutching my elbow. Jo said let me look and then was horrified to find it was bleeding quite bad and very bruised. Being on steroids makes skin break very easily. Jo wanted to go to the medical centre. Having a compromised immune system I need to antibac and band aid any open wound to stop bacteria getting in. Last year at Aquatica... Oh my I got celluitis..... It was not pleasant.

Jo asked at Guest services where the medical centre was. We quickly found the medical centre and they could not be more helpful. A lovely nurse patched me up and even bagged us extra bandages etc to go. Soon we were out of there.

Before...

View attachment 201114

After..

View attachment 201115
I was pleased with a Hidden Mickey bruise..

View attachment 201116
Jo then surprised me that when she explained what had occurred that morning in guest relations they kindly gave us a return time for Frozen ever after! How kind. So we went on to do this.

Jo lifted me into the boat and we both really enjoyed this ride. It is very cute. I won't give any spoilers.

We then went on to do the new Soarin update. Very nervous as we really liked the original. What on earth were they thinking with the way some of the buildings now appear curved! The Eiffel Tower looks like the leaning tower of Pisa. Plus a couple of the buildings to me looked very digitally animated. That said we still enjoyed it.

View attachment 201117
We also did living in the land. I really like that attraction.

It was time to go as were seeing our friend Dana early afternoon. She was coming to SSR to see us. I meet Dana online on the DIS doing my first FE on DCL. We have been friends and stayed in contact ever since. She lives locally in Kissemme with her lovely family.

We had lunch at Disney Springs no prize for question the Earl...

View attachment 201118

Then we headed back to SSR. And relaxed by the pool while we waited for Dana to call.

To be continued..
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought they made the Eiffel Tower look like the Leaning tower of Pisa!!!

Day 14 - The Birthday curse, Pam meet

Friday September 30th

Today it was time to rip off the band aid and actually get off that ship that has been our home for the last 7 days. We did have the lure of the Villa's of 2 remaining nights at Grand Floridan for 2 nights, meeting Pam and a birthday meal at BOG to look forward to though.

We got up and after sulky showers we went to Cabanas for breakfast. We have noticed more and more folk go here rather than go to their MDR as allocated by their last night. For us it's easier.

We then said goodbye in the lounge to the hosts and our new friends Paul and Shirley and said we would see them later at Villa's at Grand Floridian as they were also staying there post cruise which was nice. They also were kind enough as they were staying longer than us the use of their room on check out day as flying to the UK we have a night flight.

We needed to get a rental car from Alamo so once of the beloved, beautiful, iconic Dream ( I tried not to look back then failed and my heart sunk ) we made our way to the shuttles for car rental. First we got a porter to help with the bags. A charming young man. He said he needed to work here for 2 years to save enough money fir college. I respected his attitude and we tipped him generously.

It was mayhem at the car rental shuttles. But we were impressed by the port staff and how many buses there were. I could still cruelly see that ship..

image.jpeg

Soon we were on an Accessible Alamo bus to the car rental.

Jo got us a nice mid size SUV. Again a free upgrade after she held her cool and cards close to her chest!

We were soon on the road back to WDW. A mixture of sadness and excitement.

First we went to Disney Springs and decided to have an Earl for lunch. I wanted to check out the Disney Castle in the Lego store. Lucky for Jo it was sold out....

image.jpeg

Next we made our way to the Villa's at Grand Floridian to check in and see beloved Pam. It was then the trouble began...not with Pam! Thank the Lord she was there!

To be continued....

Oh no! It's bad enough being sad because the Cruise ended but getting to the beautiful Grand Floridian and having trouble there. :crazy2: I hope it all got straightened out very quickly and you could enjoy the rest of your stay.

Oh no, cliff hanger. You are going to make us wait....

How are your eyes doing? Does it take long to heal from cataract surgery?

My laugh of the day, one of my classes just ended and I received the following email from one of the international students. She gave me a new last name, which I assumed happened due to autocorrect. (My last name is Bonnelle not boneless.) :rotfl2:

" i appreciate for everything Dr boneless . "

Last morning of the cruise is so hard! You're happy it's not over but each second brings you closer and closer to disembarking :(

I was selfishly not thinking you might be sad because I was so excited to see you! :)

I'm glad the rental car shuttle wasn't a bad wait, one trip it took me ages. Very nice to get an upgrade on the car.

Oh no! It's bad enough being sad because the Cruise ended but getting to the beautiful Grand Floridian and having trouble there. :crazy2: I hope it all got straightened out very quickly and you could enjoy the rest of your stay.

Thank you. As you will shortly find out I am afraid the issue was ongoing..

Oh no, cliff hanger. You are going to make us wait....

How are your eyes doing? Does it take long to heal from cataract surgery?

My laugh of the day, one of my classes just ended and I received the following email from one of the international students. She gave me a new last name, which I assumed happened due to autocorrect. (My last name is Bonnelle not boneless.) :rotfl2:

" i appreciate for everything Dr boneless . "

Thank you. It has taken me about 2 weeks but I have eye issues. Normally it is quicker than that, thank you for asking. That is classic Dr Boneless! Lost in translation...

That Lego castle is awesome!!!

Trouble at GF? Oh no!!!

I still have my eye on that Castle! It is not cheap over $300!

Last morning of the cruise is so hard! You're happy it's not over but each second brings you closer and closer to disembarking :(

I was selfishly not thinking you might be sad because I was so excited to see you! :)

I'm glad the rental car shuttle wasn't a bad wait, one trip it took me ages. Very nice to get an upgrade on the car.

Yes I have heard that the wait can be long. But you can't beat that saving of no transfer fee or parking!

Hi Paula
I don't know if you are aware but you can purchase the Lego castle on the Lego UK Web sight.It is delivered to your home from there.Sorry you had trouble at the villas Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter