Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Hi Polly, hope it's alright to call you Polly as I feel I know you. I read your last trip report and have just found this one as I don't often venture of the uk part.

Firstly I want to say how sorry I am that you have had a particularly bad time this year, in hospital and recovering. Secondly, how inspirational you are in manageing to keep positive. Your humour comes across in your writing and is so honestly written.
You & Jo have such a great relationship, with all your health issues, she is very protective of you( understandably) but I find you are also very protective of her too. I am so glad that you have each other & wish you both much joy.
Wanted to make some comments about your report but don't want to waffle on too much, so will just say thank you.

Of course you can call me Polly I am honoured to have you join! Thank you for reading. Thank you for your kind words. I am truly blessed to have Jo in my life I have to pinch myself I am hardly a catch lol. I hope you continue to read.

Your blanket animal must be Davey Jones from Pirates of the Carribean! http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Davy_Jones

I have enjoyed your trip report. As someone with an autoimmune disease, although I am very well controlled now, I appreciate your tenacity and desire to travel. I have told my husband that I will do as much as I can for as long as I can.

Thank you for your comments! Davey Jones of course! Thank you for the link. Makes perfect sense. I am glad you are enjoying it. Sorry you are affected by autoimmune too. I am pleased it is controlled music to my ears, exactly we must get in as much of life as we can! Use it or loose it! Thank you for reading

Jo's journal is lovely. Thank you for the picture.

Remy is now $95? Very disappointing. One day I hope to eat there again though, it was a magnificent meal. Sadly I'm not sure when we'll be back on the Dream or Fantasy.

I hope you get to enjoy Remy at some point. Maybe they will add to the classic ships on day!

Meanwhile in Gotham city realtime update

So you think the British are reserved and nice? Check this out...

It is November 5th and for our non UK friends it is Firework night or Guy Fawkes night. Today the United Kingdom celebrates a plot that was foiled to prevent a man named Guy Fawkes a member of the gun powder plot who attempted to blow up one of the Houses of Parliament , The House of Lords. This is where the Government talk a lot and pretend they are attempting to introduce new acts of law and important stuff like that. But really it's a load of old friends drinking whisky and catching up.

So delighted was King James I that he was not killed in this attempt on his life that he and the people of London lit celebration fires all around London.

Since then it has grown into adding Fireworks, Throwing false Dummies onto the fire that represent Guy Fawkes and other such strange customs. When I was a child we would make a guy out of clothes stuffing it with newspaper and push it around on a cart asking folks 'penny for the Guy'. Later the 'Guy' was hurled onto the fire and Parents and children would delight at the dummy burning whilst cooking baked potatoes, roasting sausages and marshmallows on his funeral pyre...

So that's what the British are up to today. Personally I hate fireworks! So I will be hiding. I think they should be in organised displays only not in domestic use. It frightens pets and people. But there you go. We do have many organised displays they are usually advertised in your local paper.

Happy Guy Fawkes day everyone! Aren't we strange.

:welcome: To chaos. The ER rooms are filled on Nov 5th with victims of firework injuries...

I was feeling much better again this morning plus it looked like a nice day too.

I am glad that you felt better.

image-jpeg.204869

This really looks like paradise.

There were no pancakes.

I really can't understand how they can run out of pancakes.

But we passed a snowman on the way as you might expect on a hot island...

image-jpeg.204872

Castaway Cay sounds like a perfect place for a snowman that loves summer. Now I know where Frozen things are in summer.

It was Goofy! He was a sport and held Minnie...

image-jpeg.204937

Nice that you got some quality time with Goofy.

Tomorrow we had a brunch booked!

How nice to have a meal at Palo two days running.

Plus without the potatoes I was leaving Palo still hungry..

That is definitely not how it should be.

I was hoping to see the characters in cute Halloween outfits but we had missed them.

What a shame that you missed them.

We haven't used RC before but Corinna's TR have sold me into trying it.

I am glad I could be of help. Most of the next trip report will be from the very same ship you will be sailing on.

When we come to US it will be DCL all the way.

I can understand this. We are stretching our wings at the moment in terms of itineraries and there DCL cannot help or at least not at a price I am willing to pay.

Then went back to this strange creature...

He remains me of the mist screen projection at the beginning of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Corinna

I am glad that you felt better.

This really looks like paradise.

I really can't understand how they can run out of pancakes.

Castaway Cay sounds like a perfect place for a snowman that loves summer. Now I know where Frozen things are in summer.

Nice that you got some quality time with Goofy.

How nice to have a meal at Palo two days running.

That is definitely not how it should be.

What a shame that you missed them.

I am glad I could be of help. Most of the next trip report will be from the very same ship you will be sailing on.

I can understand this. We are stretching our wings at the moment in terms of itineraries and there DCL cannot help or at least not at a price I am willing to pay.

He remains me of the mist screen projection at the beginning of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Corinna

Thank you for reading. I am excited to read about your TA trip of Voyager of the seas!

I think you are right a PP kindly said the towel creture was Davey Locker from POTC.

I was indeed sorry to miss Minnie and Mickey in Halloween outifits but we have seen them before. I wonder if I will miss the Disney characters on Royal Caribbean. Hopefully Shrek etc should be fun.

How gruesome throwing dummies on the fire and roasting food as well. I imagine the ERs are filled with activities like like.

They are! every year on the news 'children disfigured with firework that did not go off properly then went to investigate ' ... I wish they would tighten the security of fireworks in the home.

Just realized that I haven't seen one of your updates for a while and got worried!

Turns out I just wasn't getting e-mail updates and all is well (except I was five pages behind!).

So sorry that dear little Huey was so ill, but glad you had someone caring to look out for him and he is now doing much better!

I used to take topomax for migraines; menopause cured them! Glad you were finally able to get past yours!

The Frozen m&g looked like a lot of fun!

Glad you were able to get your mugs.

Bling Minnie was very busy this part of the cruise!

Just realized that I haven't seen one of your updates for a while and got worried!

Turns out I just wasn't getting e-mail updates and all is well (except I was five pages behind!).

So sorry that dear little Huey was so ill, but glad you had someone caring to look out for him and he is now doing much better!

I used to take topomax for migraines; menopause cured them! Glad you were finally able to get past yours!

The Frozen m&g looked like a lot of fun!

Glad you were able to get your mugs.

Bling Minnie was very busy this part of the cruise!

I don't know if you have disneystore.com in the UK, but I was just on the site buying a few shirts and they have Haunted Mansion handbags on the site. A few of them are even on sale through Sunday!

https://www.disneystore.com/the-haunted-mansion-collection/mn/1020302/

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I keep failing to get alerts on the disboards also. Monnie was busy it was such a hoot. I am pleased your migraines have stopped what a relief. Thank you re Huey.

I will check out Disney store thanks! I did manage to get a bag later on but am always up for an addon!

I have wondered what Guy Fawkes day was about but never thought to google it or look it up. How morbid! I am not a fan of fireworks unless they are controlled (like Disney) and very far away so I cannot hear the booms. I hate, hate, hate firecrackers. Our dogs freak out every time they hear them.

I have a strange request for your readers, I hope you do not mind my posting it here. If this request makes you uncomfortable, let me know and I will delete it. I am going to post this same request on a few other folk's TRs hoping to get the word out. My mother is 90 years old and no longer has any siblings/friends left from her generation. She loves holiday cards and now only receives a few from her children and grandchildren (and one from our local mailman who always includes a picture of his family and Mom always puts the picture on her sitting room mirror. She has never met his family but loves showing off the photo to her aides and visitors). Now my request, if anyone is sending out holiday cards and would not mind adding an extra person to their list, I know it would make her very happy to receive the cards. Her name is Josie Bonnell, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895.

Kate :)

I have wondered what Guy Fawkes day was about but never thought to google it or look it up. How morbid! I am not a fan of fireworks unless they are controlled (like Disney) and very far away so I cannot hear the booms. I hate, hate, hate firecrackers. Our dogs freak out every time they hear them.

I have a strange request for your readers, I hope you do not mind my posting it here. If this request makes you uncomfortable, let me know and I will delete it. I am going to post this same request on a few other folk's TRs hoping to get the word out. My mother is 90 years old and no longer has any siblings/friends left from her generation. She loves holiday cards and now only receives a few from her children and grandchildren (and one from our local mailman who always includes a picture of his family and Mom always puts the picture on her sitting room mirror. She has never met his family but loves showing off the photo to her aides and visitors). Now my request, if anyone is sending out holiday cards and would not mind adding an extra person to their list, I know it would make her very happy to receive the cards. Her name is Josie Bonnell, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895.

Firecrackers should be banned in my book! I would be honoured and delighted to send your Mom a card! What kind of theme does she like best? What a lovely thought! Does she like candy I could send her a bar of English chocolate.

Firecrackers should be banned in my book! I would be honoured and delighted to send your Mom a card! What kind of theme does she like best? What a lovely thought! Does she like candy I could send her a bar of English chocolate.
Good morning Polly,
I don't think Mom has a favorite theme. She likes everything. She definitely has a sweet tooth so I am sure she would enjoy a bar of English chocolate but she would also enjoy just receiving a card.

By the way, if there is ever anything you and Jo want from the states, just let me know. I can send Fruit Loops. :)

Kate

Good morning Polly,
I don't think Mom has a favorite theme. She likes everything. She definitely has a sweet tooth so I am sure she would enjoy a bar of English chocolate but she would also enjoy just receiving a card.

By the way, if there is ever anything you and Jo want from the states, just let me know. I can send Fruit Loops. :)

Kate

Great will send us a nice Christmas card and cadbury chocolate! Thank you that is kind but we are ok.

So that's what the British are up to today. Personally I hate fireworks! So I will be hiding. I think they should be in organised displays only not in domestic use. It frightens pets and people. But there you go. We do have many organised displays they are usually advertised in your local paper.

I would love to be in the UK for Guy Fawkes Night one year - mainly because I would love it that they celebrate the night before my birthday! ;) But I absolutely agree with your feelings that fireworks should be only for organized displays, not for every person to play with! Here in Germany it is New Years Eve when people go crazy and it feels like it is totally unsafe. Michael has been here for two New Years now and is totally amazed how Germans can tolerate something so dangerous!

Was surprised by the picture of your scallops that you only got those and nothing to go with them besides some tiny greens. I felt very sorry for your dietary limitations. But it appears it was only the chef's limitation of remembering what to put on your plate...

Kate, I will send one, too! Hope she will get lots of cards this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter