Are You A Disney Bigot?

I agree it's definately hard to explain Disney it's something that has to be lived or experienced. I usually just tell people I'm going to Orlando. I've found if I say Disney World that they look at me strangely with that "Again?" stare. Plus, the fact that DH and I have no children so it makes us even more abnormal. :lmao: Oh well, it's my vacation so whatever makes me happy:) . I did take my best friend last year, and at the end of the trip she said "now I understand why you come here every year, it's the happiest place on earth." So I guess you can make a believer out of a non-believer:thumbsup2

BTW - she can't wait to go back!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

All I know is that I don't care what anyone else thinks! It's my happy place.:cloud9:

What do you mean THINK? The correct word is KNOW!pixiedust:
I know you're being funny but unfortunately the correct phrase in many cases is "think they know". There's a difference between finding what's best for you and truly looking down on others. And as I said about HH, many members simply don't have enough info to make an informed comparison to other options. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I do know several people that thought DVC was the end all and found out later there were other options better for them. So they sold their ownership and moved on to other options.

After studying Ancient Rome and it's culture I will ponder that question as if a fierce roman warrior would. (Please read the next statements as if they were truly spoken in the Court of Cesar Augustus with a touch of a noble British accent) I, Cesar August also known as Octavius, the rightful heir to my uncle Julius estate do declare that his death was a national disaster but one that we can pull through these times due to his foresight and training of his beloved public. I have been given authority over his estates here inn Rome and abroad and I submit to you now that all policies maintained by my adopted farther shall continue w/o fail. Should any man interceding on behalf of those who wish to thwart and malign Great Cesar's memory are enemies of Rome with final words uttered along the Appian way whilst they die slowly nailed to the cross. Let no man forget what Rome Stands for. We lost a Duly Elected Dictator and now we have bureaucrats to Save the ancient city. Cesar's nephew Octavius would rise to the rank of Cesar Augustus Emperor of Rome and lead it to greatness. Why such a long winded reply to Disney nay sayers,, well I like to think history repeats its self. This time it is the Disney empire which flourished with our Cesar Walt Disney himself. He forged our community and family toward 1 goal. The Great Experiment was underway when Walt was cut down (Untimely) by Cancer. Much like Cesar was cut down in the middle of building of the great city. The people didn't panic and his family rallied to his memory and ideals. The Magic Kingdom moved ahead and from there, with the Likes of Roy Disney and many others that were conpatriots of Walt took his dream to new heights. Much Like Rome, Disney is an Empire but it is based on providing fun, entertainment for all ages, and the gift of childhood memories that come at you so quick you almost feel punch drunk afterward. Disney is the place where they hire the best door man, the sweest guard at the hotel gate, the food court attendant who came to our room to check up on my 4 year old daughter who ate tooooo much and got ill in the hall at the food court and made a littel mess. Well graciously freted over my daughter and cheered he up. It was cleaned in less than a minute. These 2 girls walked us back to our room all the while making my 2 kids laugh. We setteled in and 5 minutes latter one of the girls returned with some antacids and some ginger ale that might help. I will protect this kingdom from the raiders and the Barbarians and especially to the minions of Neocon nay sayer:chewy:

Probably so. It might help explain the reason we hang around here on the DIS so much. Cause we can all relate. My parents and MIL pretty much understand. They dont like it like we do, but they dont constantly question us about it. My brother every so often asks me,"are you going again". But now he has gone more to asking me when Im going back. Some folks find it cute. They are the ones who understand going to WDW is a getaway for me. A way to escape reality for awhile.

I would prefer myself to more of a Disneyitis freak.;)

A Roman Response upon this subject whiile at POFQ

And to think I just thought it was a fun place to hang out for a couple weeks a year!
We are fortunate enough to be able to travel several times a year, WDW is never my only destination for the year. This year we are also doing a cruise (not DCL) and probably a week at the shore (not HH). Was only kidding in previous post about being "better" than other condo owners etc. We do enjoy everything Disney just not ONLY Disney.

From a slightly different perspective, I do believe that many DVC owners think themselves better than other Timeshare Owners though they will rarely admit it.

:rotfl: Dean,
You're probably right. Personally I think the other timeshare owners know it, they just don't want to give me some thing else to gloat about. :rotfl2: But hey, I'm a New Yorker, I'm probably already dealing with a overblown superiority complex....
My DH calls us "Disney Pod People" (but he never turns down a trip)

From a slightly different perspective, I do believe that many DVC owners think themselves better than other Timeshare Owners though they will rarely admit it.

I don't think of myself as better but rather I tend to think that the Disney timeshare product is superior (even though I know this is not true for all people). From the fellow DVC owners that I have had the pleasure of meeting, I have never witnessed a feeling of personal superiority displayed (but I'm sure there are some).

HBC

The people I know who don't understand why we go to WDW so much think of it as "just another theme park" which it is NOT. But, everyone is right that you can't explain it to them in a way that they'd understand. Disney World was out home-away-from-home before we ever bought into DVC and it will remain that way as long as we live.

I don't think of myself as better but rather I tend to think that the Disney timeshare product is superior (even though I know this is not true for all people). From the fellow DVC owners that I have had the pleasure of meeting, I have never witnessed a feeling of personal superiority displayed (but I'm sure there are some).

HBC
Semantics I think. You have to know enough about both sides to know which is truly best for you. While it's been a while I've even seen people on this board post they didn't own a timeshare, they own DVC.

Semantics I think. You have to know enough about both sides to know which is truly best for you. While it's been a while I've even seen people on this board post they didn't own a timeshare, they own DVC.

DVC isn't a timeshare, so why would any post they own one. When you buy a timeshare, you buy the right to use the accommodation for a set amount of time each year.

Membership of holiday and vacation clubs are not timeshare because they do not give you the right to stay in a specific property for a specific time.

DVC isn't a timeshare, so why would any post they own one. When you buy a timeshare, you buy the right to use the accommodation for a set amount of time each year.

Membership of holiday and vacation clubs are not timeshare because they do not give you the right to stay in a specific property for a specific time.
DVC is a timeshare, there are all types. Not all are a specific week and unit. Just ask the state of FL. Many other timeshares are points systems or floating weeks. A Vacation Club is simply a fancy name for a timeshare trying to get away from some of the negative connotations.

DVC is a timeshare, there are all types. Not all are a specific week and unit. Just ask the state of FL. Many other timeshares are points systems or floating weeks. A Vacation Club is simply a fancy name for a timeshare trying to get away from some of the negative connotations.

But. But.

I thought I owned a piece of the magic. Are you telling me that best kept Disney secret is that it's actually a TIMESHARE????:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

:rotfl:

I guess I'm a bigot, if that is the right term. I do think DVC is the best time share in Orlando... why? It's on WDW property, we have resort guest privileges, and that is why we bought in. No other time share in town can say that.

But. But.

I thought I owned a piece of the magic. Are you telling me that best kept Disney secret is that it's actually a TIMESHARE????:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

:rotfl:
From DVC's website.
THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIME-SHARE PERIODS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter