• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
Pandora had a queue to get into the land. The only way to bypass it was to have an FP and you could only bypass it when your fp was good to use. This queue didn’t last too long but did make reappearances during the holidays the first year.

Yeah it wasn't so bad. I visited about one month after the land opened and there were no restrictions entering the area. It was crowded, but not impossibly so. I have a suspicion that GE will be a different story though.

Yeah it wasn't so bad. I visited about one month after the land opened and there were no restrictions entering the area. It was crowded, but not impossibly so. I have a suspicion that GE will be a different story though.
Likely, but I do think both of these rides will be built with decent capacity queues and falcon should handle at least as many if not more people than FoP and the resistance attraction should handle more than falcon which is way more than NRJ can handle. So I think that will help as will the fact that there will be multiple food locations and shops and the land is 2 acres bigger. These show buildings are multi level so that means they don't take up as much acreage and leave more ground room for people.

Today was our first park day—didn’t realize it was once $10. maxpass was great but I didn’t see a single photo pass photographer.

Since the $10 rate has consistently been advertised as an "introductory" price, I expected it to go up to like $20. For me that would still be a good value on a crowded day - less value with less crowds.

Is the $15 price being touted as an "introductory" price now? Or is that being advertised as "the price"?

Since the $10 rate has consistently been advertised as an "introductory" price, I expected it to go up to like $20. For me that would still be a good value on a crowded day - less value with less crowds.

Is the $15 price being touted as an "introductory" price now? Or is that being advertised as "the price"?
It's listed like this:
Disney MaxPass is available for only $15 per day, per ticket—so you can experience more of the park with the people you love!

I still think it's worth it at $15.00/day. However, I might be more tempted to 'pick and choose' days to purchase MP rather than just add all days to the ticket when purchasing. When I've used it in the past, there were definitely days where it was more of a convenience than a 'necessity'.

It's listed like this:
Disney MaxPass is available for only $15 per day, per ticket—so you can experience more of the park with the people you love!

OK, so the introductory price verbiage is gone. Likely a lot of the issues were due to the servers getting over capacity - If this poll is any indication, they've cut the user base by 15% but easily made up the revenue with the 50% price increase. It sucks but it's the logical play.

It would make a lot of sense to me to have a sliding scale, though, based on the peak/regular/value ticket prices, since maxpass has greater value in higher crowds. Don't know if they'll go this route eventually, but for now I'll work the $75 per day for my family of 5 into future budgets.

As other posters have noted, please don't forget that FPs from the machines are still FREE, as they always have been. There has been NO change to the free FP system at this time. Anyone not wanting to pay for digital FP/MP can still obtain as many FPs as they are able to get in a day, based on good organization and planning and a good FP runner, for free, regardless of the size of your group. No one has to buy MP and no one even has to use the FP system. It is there as a resource if you choose to use it. Just some thoughts of encouragement if this price increase hits too hard right now.
And, just as a reminder for anyone new to the parks, you don't have to stand in line to purchase MP. If you haven't pre-purchased it with your tickets directly from Disney, you purchase MP via the app right after you activate your tickets at the gate. Have your tickets already scanned in to the app and a credit card already loaded. Buying MP should only take about a minute or so. The only reason to line up at Guest Services for MP would be if you can't get the app to work for you or if your credit card isn't working, for example. And, of course, if you use the free FP system, none of this would apply anyway.

Last edited:
I haven't used MaxPass at all, yet. I just haven't had a visit where I felt like I needed to pay $10 for it. I can't imagine feeling like paying $15 for it, but I've been on all the rides so many times already that I don't mind only going on a couple.

Im annoyed, I got my Sig + ap in oct and my fiancee got the sig pass, since we only needed 1 pass to have parking, we were going to upgrade her's when we went back in summer, we are going back next month also, should have just done it already, cost myself $150 dollars.

This is my first experience with a big price increase like this, should we expect all the food and drink to go up roughly 10% more also?

The Signature pass includes parking already. Not sure why you have to upgrade hers...

Family of 4 here. We’ve in the past bought MP on one of the three days we’re here (using 3-day hoppers), trying to get all our must-dos in that day, so we can then take it a bit easier the other two days, using FP kiosks on those days. Given that (and also given how much we already paid on tickets/hotel once there), $20 more ($15 for 4 instead of $10) isn’t really that big a deal to us, especially given the (hopefully) added value of less people overall getting MP & FPs ideally running out more slowly as a result of that.

If I went multiple times a year I could see how it would add up. Me personally, I go once a year, if I am lucky. I am paying it.

It has priced us out as a family of 7. We will probably buy it for one ticket a day for the pictures. I will probably still pay that price for a one-day trip with just 2 people (which is how a lot of my trips go...). I'm sad, as I was looking forward to using it for my family in April for at least one day.

Heck yes, I'd pay $15. I thought $10 was a little cheap considering it's Disney, but it makes sense they'd start off small and work their way up to a higher price. I'm not sure how much more I would pay, but when we used it for the very first time it was definitely worth it. And it's typically just 2 of us going, so we're not spending loads of money for MaxPass on a bigger group of people. Makes it more manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter