Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
We paid the $10 last year and I’d probably pay the $15 if going back. Annoying as it is, maxpass saved our trip. We had very limited time and were newbies so we didn't want to waste time running around. It was also fourth of july week and the parks were packed. We only had glitch issues when we tried to activate them when we first arrived. Guest services took care of it and was fine the rest of the trip (2 park days).

It really depends on your style as to how much value it has for you. I am older, go with friends, my teenagers, or my sister. My teens only go with me about once a year and they're off on their own most of the time. I go about 5 or 6 times a year and I don't ride that many rides; we do experiences and savor the atmosphere. And, um, eat and drink. We take our time. We've done all the rides so many times we don't care if we miss something. So for us, MP is nice but not at all a big deal. I would guess there are other older, frequent guests who have a similar pattern.

I answered early in this thread but didn't vote because my option wasn't there. I would occasionally purchase a day of MP if I needed to sync with others but generally, I don't need it. The cost seems high to me on top of everything else that keeps going up.

Your post is a good reminder that using FP/MP isn't actually necessary for having a fun day in the parks. The FP system works very well for some people whose touring style covers the rides on that system. But not all rides are on the FP system (and I think many people tend to forget this, especially if they are planning their first visit) and FP isn't needed to ride every ride in the park. We know a surprising number of people who have MP on their passes, but hardly ever use it because they don't ride most of the FP rides. When their families get to that stage, they might use FP more often, but right now it just isn't part of their DLR reality. Some days we use it often, other days hardly at all. FP is a great resource; MP is a great luxury. We like both and enjoy using them when we need them. But they aren't mandatory for everyone to have a great day in the parks.

This is so nicely said.

No I do not plan to. Is should be free. If we willingly pay they will make it a pay item at WDW ..nooooooooo. Such decisions turn me away from Disney and to thoughts of trips elsewhere

No I do not plan to. Is should be free. If we willingly pay they will make it a pay item at WDW ..nooooooooo. Such decisions turn me away from Disney and to thoughts of trips elsewhere
The system at Disney World doesn't hold a candle to Maxpass, really so much more convenient than planning out your day 1-2 months in advance at Disney World.

I will pay for MaxPass but if FP+ ever became a pay-for-use system I would not pay for it. The two are so vastly different and MaxPass is so superior that they are not comparable.

Your post is a good reminder that using FP/MP isn't actually necessary for having a fun day in the parks. The FP system works very well for some people whose touring style covers the rides on that system. But not all rides are on the FP system (and I think many people tend to forget this, especially if they are planning their first visit) and FP isn't needed to ride every ride in the park. We know a surprising number of people who have MP on their passes, but hardly ever use it because they don't ride most of the FP rides. When their families get to that stage, they might use FP more often, but right now it just isn't part of their DLR reality. Some days we use it often, other days hardly at all. FP is a great resource; MP is a great luxury. We like both and enjoy using them when we need them. But they aren't mandatory for everyone to have a great day in the parks.
This is how fastpass should still be. G+ just doesn't line up.

We managed to do everything we wanted in 3 days at Disneyland without max pass in April (spring break) 2019.

We have no plans to return to Disneyland or WDW until guest experience improves and greed is not the driving force. It’s a shame because DD’s wedding was going to be in WDW, and it would have been spectacular. However the costs are outrageous for the sub par experience. We will spend our money elsewhere.

In 2020, I did a trip where other people in my group didn't get Maxpass. But we did use photopass on my AP Maxpass.
It was completely workable to grab paper FP.

At that point in time, the writing was already on the walls with Premier Access in Shanghai. Hong Kong rolled out Premier Access and took away free Fastpass for Iron Man around that time too. So I would have predicted a potential slow transition to Premier Access but not Genie+.

It's funny looking back at this thread today. Times have changed 😂. If only you could see the future...

Not shocking or even slightly surprising since $15 was described as an “introductory price” from the start.

Not shocking or even slightly surprising since $15 was described as an “introductory price” from the start.
That was the $10 price that was described as introductory. And was at $10 for a year and a half before increasing to $15.

We have gone twice since Max pass came out and just like we used to do with Fast pass we only buy it on the last day if we are really not able to do much. First time we still had a few rides we had not gotten on that used max pass so we purchased for one day and got on those rides. The second time the only ride on the MP list we had not gotten on was RSR so we just waited in the line at closing and didnt use max pass at tall that whole trip.

God, how I miss MaxPass. RIP. 😢

It was the perfect system, the best of both worlds. You bought MaxPass for the convenience of not having to walk to FastPass machines. However, if you didn't buy it, you could still get free FastPasses and not feel as if you were at a huge disadvantage compared to people that bought MaxPass. Disney gets their money, and guests remain happy and don't feel cheated.

Now, with Genie+, you are at a huge disadvantage if you don't purchase it. And those that don't purchase it are constantly reminded of their disadvantage when they see the endless stream of Lightning Lane guests cutting in front of them at upwards of an 80% ratio.

Genie+ is an awful system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter