Are you going to WDW in 2014? Let's plan!

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hi all!

I am getting SO impatient for our next WDW holiday! I need to do some kind of DISing to let off steam!

So I thought I'd make a list of those of us who are going, and it'll be a good place to keep notes of when booking becomes available on different sites and any good deals etc!

2014 WDWers

mark&sue - Jan - GFV/BLT/SSRTH
Tikitoi - Feb
Serenlas - Easter
princessjodiebo - Easter
Laurafoster - April WDW & DCL
2Tiggies - Easter or June
wickesy - March/April - AKL Kidani
Tinks1984 - May AS-Sp or AoA
suw33 - May 17-31 - villa
Torsie24 - Either May or October - AKL/GF/BW/BC can't decide! - Flying from Gatwick
wilma-bride - June/July
bee86 - Summer 2014
adkm - August - AKL
London75 - August - Villa
JoyB-UK - August - WY, SD, UT, WDW & DCL!
Disney Princesses LW - August - CBR
loobxuk - August
mark&sue - Sep - GFV/BLT/SSRTH
RDP - October/November - Onsite
laura_<3 - Sometime
bex7583 - Sometime
darthtatty - not sure when - EPCOT resort

I'll join you, we're actually going to have a year off next year (that's the plan after twice a year for 6 odd years) so we'll be back up to three weeks in around August 2014 hopefully!

Going for a couple of cheeky fly drive Europe holidays next year.

I'll join you, we're actually going to have a year off next year (that's the plan after twice a year for 6 odd years) so we'll be back up to three weeks in around August 2014 hopefully!

Going for a couple of cheeky fly drive Europe holidays next year.
Oooh 3 weeks, lovely. :) We might well go for more than 2, just depends on hotel availibility etc.

Do you know where you're hoping to stay?

Well, not sure (I've been a bit cheeky and not mentioned we've yet to go this year in July but in fairness that's all planned and I'm on to thinking about the next holiday now!). This trip is our first ever time in a Disney hotel, all others have been offsite in villas.

I suspect because we love having our own pool and the space a villa provides, we'll be back offsite but who knows. I also suspect the 15 nights of ADRs might prove too rigid for us as we're normally a bit more random than DDP requires but we'll see. Don't get me wrong I think we'll love OKW but it's only because we got our flights very very cheap due to the VA flying club points sale (we spent 150,000 points) that we could contemplate the 2 bed at OKW at 4,700 yikes.

I know I can get a villa for 1000 for a fortnight so that 3700 is a serious luxury spend for us. It does include food and tickets of course so not as harsh as it seems. I rambling anyway, must do some work.

Hi all!

I am getting SO impatient for our next WDW holiday! I need to do some kind of DISing to let off steam!

So I thought I'd make a list of those of us who are going, and it'll be a good place to keep notes of when booking becomes available on different sites and any good deals etc!

2014 WDWers

Torsie24 - Either May or October - AKL/GF - Flying from Gatwick
London75 - August - Villa

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I feel your pain....we too are waiting until 2014 to return after going consectively Sept 09 and 11 so I should be booking again this year for 2013 BUT my DH has decided we need to spend money on home improvements, I love my WDW holidays but agree we need to spend money on our house :rolleyes1 however we have agreed that will we definatly book next year for 2014
Im like you soooo impatient keep "pricing up" and trawling the internet for deals If you find any delas please post and keep the excitment running for a coupe of years!! hahahaha

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I feel your pain....we too are waiting until 2014 to return after going consectively Sept 09 and 11 so I should be booking again this year for 2013 BUT my DH has decided we need to spend money on home improvements, I love my WDW holidays but agree we need to spend money on our house :rolleyes1 however we have agreed that will we definatly book next year for 2014
Im like you soooo impatient keep "pricing up" and trawling the internet for deals If you find any delas please post and keep the excitment running for a coupe of years!! hahahaha
It'll whizz by!

I realised yesterday that I'll have to pay next June for our trip! So I best step up my saving!

Do you know if it'll be September again? And where you'd like to stay?

I think our trip is going to be pushed to 2014 so I am joining here!

We will definitely be joining you in 2014. We have been every 2 years since 2004 and expect it to continue for a while yet. In 2014 it will be in August, DD will just be finishing year 10 so no holidays in school time for us then. I ve already got a plan, we are going to spend 10 nights driving round Wyoming, South Dakota and Utah then fly to Florida for 5 nights at Disney then onto a Disney cruise. I can't wait.

It'll whizz by!

I realised yesterday that I'll have to pay next June for our trip! So I best step up my saving!

Do you know if it'll be September again? And where you'd like to stay?
Yeah early sept We will have to go a week earlier due to school term so looking about 20 Aug for 16 days. We will definatly be staying on site next time in Disney hotel, if the free DDP offer is available then Caribbean Beach resort woud be my first choice, if its not them one of the value resorts will be fine.... alot of ifs and buts I know.
I am also saving my Tesco points up ready to help with costs of flights

we've been going every other year since 2005 but I'm finding it really hard not having a trip this year so, although we've already booked 2013, we're also thinking about 2014. I think if I put a bit of legwork in and organise it myself rather than relying on a package trip it might not cost quite so much. Due to school restraints though it will most likely be another August trip.

We are in the early stages (i.e. discussion) of planning a trip in 2014 with extended family (my Mum and DH's parents). It will most liekly be around June/July time as the Mums both have Birthdays around that time but will probably need to take into account term times and stuff too as I wouldn't want to be taking DS out of school for too long.

Count us in :)
Not sure whether we will do Easter or June just yet but definitely planning for 2014 :cool1:

We are planning August 2014. We went last year and absolutely loved it and are itching to go back.

another one to add to the 2014 train - we are going back for easter as its my daughters 16th birthday when we would be out there (the year after she probably wont be wanting to go on holiday with mum and dad ) what makes it more special is that my brother will be cancer free for 4 years when we are out there as well and he is coming with us !!!

am toying with offsite as they want to do more universal and seaworld and we dont drive but if we get a good dining deal at okw we might be tempted !

we are also saving clubcard points but dont know wether to keep them for airmiles or virgin holidays as we already have enough for 6 m+m fares

another one to add to the 2014 train - we are going back for easter as its my daughters 16th birthday when we would be out there (the year after she probably wont be wanting to go on holiday with mum and dad ) what makes it more special is that my brother will be cancer free for 4 years when we are out there as well and he is coming with us !!!

am toying with offsite as they want to do more universal and seaworld and we dont drive but if we get a good dining deal at okw we might be tempted !

we are also saving clubcard points but dont know wether to keep them for airmiles or virgin holidays as we already have enough for 6 m+m fares
we stayed in clarion inn last year they had shuttles regularly going to seaworld etc most hotels do saves the cost of car rental, we never drive.
We too are saving Tesco clubcard points will be very interested to see the best deal avaiable when booking florida.

I didn't know you could use clubcard points for virgin holidays so that is something to def look into.

I *hope* we're in the 2014 club! I've never been before, other than a couple of days when I was travelling in 1999. I'm a single parent to 2 little girls, who will be 9 and 7 if we go at Easter time in 2014. My dad's been collecting Virgin airmiles for a few years and will probably have enough to put towards flights, although I'm shocked at how much you have to pay ontop! So hopefully my parents will be accompanying us, my dad can hire a car (as I'm a non driver), and we can hire a villa and go to lots of parks.

BUT.. they won't commit yet due to the finances involved. I'm going to start saving anyway and if they end up saying no I guess I'll just save for a bit longer and the 3 of us will go on our own and stay either onsite or on I-Drive. We wouldn't be able to do quite as much on our own, and it'd cost quite a bit more, but I've read that it's very doable and we NEED to go before they get too old to want to come with boring old mum! :cool1:

We will be planing to go around October/ November 2014. We are using our DVC points in 2013, then the 2014 holiday will be a cash reservation. We will be going to AKV Kidani in 2013. We will look for the best onsite offer in 2014. each year keeps getting better and better!:goodvibes

i have automatically opted in with virgin to get al my clubcard points automatically changed up into air miles but once i have enough i am wondering if i transfer the rest with virgin holidays then just see what the best deal is - the thing is that obviously if i booked a package could book it earlier (we were thinking of booking it when the prices come out around november then do it as a surprise reveal for christmas to the kids )

I also joined on the "going in 2013" because I'm not sure if we will do '13 or '14. We said we would go every 2 years and the last time we went was Sept 2011. But DD says we should wait 2 FULL years...;) So if I go with that then we will have to wait til Feb 2014, since Feb is our month to go...popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter