Are you going to WDW in 2014? Let's plan!

Hmm, now I'm tempted to plan a quickie break for me and OH minus the kids in 2014 :)

So much cheaper as a couple for a week than as a family of 6 for 2 weeks!!

Call me crazy, but as I was driving along today it popped into my mind that potentially TWO YEARS today, we'll be off to WDW :rotfl: I think I need therapy...:lmao:

Well what do you think the rest of us are doing here? :rotfl2: This is the best group support you'll find :rotfl:

So much cheaper as a couple for a week than as a family of 6 for 2 weeks!!

And almost the same price for a family of four (if 2 are kids) as it is for a single parent with one child :headache:

But it hasn't stopped me yet! :cool1:

well after my husband calling me up the other day from work, all excited as he'd been working out when we can next afford to go- 2016! :sad:
Anyway he's been reworking things and weve now decided on 2014 :cool1:

It will be 10 years since our wedding at WDW and its my 40th then :banana:

cant wait to get planning.
We may not even stay at our usual hotel, perhaps stay at one of the Epcot resort hotels. I have no clue which one though :goodvibes

Heres to 2014 :cool1:

Ahhh, revived the thread and now I don't feel quite as bad :lmao: It's not just me Disney day-dreaming then today :thumbsup2

Hi all :wave2:

While I'm currently planning 2013, if funds don't allow it then we may have to push back to 2014 so I may be joining you all! Anyway, the reason I posted is I couldn't resist making a ticker for our rough dates next year after seeing some of you here with your 2014 tickers :)

Mine doesn't seem so long in comparison ;)

Hi all :wave2:

While I'm currently planning 2013, if funds don't allow it then we may have to push back to 2014 so I may be joining you all! Anyway, the reason I posted is I couldn't resist making a ticker for our rough dates next year after seeing some of you here with your 2014 tickers :)

Mine doesn't seem so long in comparison ;)

There's always someone on the DIS worse off than you :lovestruc

I am inventing a 2014 ticker even if I'm not going, I'd be too depressed otherwise :rotfl2:

Meeeee and it's our first trip:yay:

We've always spoken about going before the children get too old and DH surprised me last week with a text saying "Florida 2014? Start saving now... me 40" so that was it I was on it straight away trying to get rough prices, looking on here and also getting all the brochures I could get from the TAs.

We're planning on 17-31 May. DD will be 10 and DS 6½. Want to do it before DD starts secondary school and the school currently tags on 2 professional days before the Bank Holiday so they only have to miss 3 days of school. Not sure we could afford summer school holiday prices!

We're swaying towards a villa more than hotel (we holiday in a villa every year and like not being restricted to times and all being in one room). DH has reservations about renting one directly with an owner as no back-up/insurance so looking at prices of a package with Virgin. Also from brief look Virgin do relatively low deposit with balance due 10-12 weeks before trip which isn't too bad.

Definitely getting some excellent tips and advice from here and will be watching for when we can book:-)

Also we're not telling the kids for AGES as we will never hear the end of it. Can't see that it would work as a bargaining tool with DD about her behaviour for long!

Su

I hadnt even thought about getting a ticker :)

however our plans nose dived the other day, when I was double checking husbands pricing guide. He'd put son down as a child, so hadnt allowed for the extra :scared1:
However I think ive sorted things and its still a go :cool1:

I'm probably the last to do this, but I just applied for a Capital One CC for frequent flier miles, and I got approved! :cool1:So this is my first step in assuring a somewhat affordable vacation.

Especially since we are staying at either AKL or Poly...;)

Right - my DLRP has been and gone.

Which means next Disney stop is WDW is 2014.

(Unless we get itchy booking fingers before then.)

Urgh....it's so far away.

And we still can't decide resorts!

i am been really undecisive and although we wanted to go 2013 it could be 2014 ! everytime i price somthing or do some research we find more we want to do so the longer we leave it the bigger budget we will have

i have so many brochures and can not wait but time seems to be flying at the moment so 2014 will be here in no time

Sorry guys - I'd forgotten about my list in the first post.

All updated nw - please let me know if I've made any mistakes. :)

We want to go again in 2014 and are hoping to go for 4 weeks which will be 3 years between teips, but gives us time to save. We waited 3 years to do our last trip, which sounded like sych a looooonnnnggggg time :rotfl: but it flew by, so I'm definitley starting the planning early to try and get any good deals out there :)

And here I thought I was alone. We just went in December 2012, first trip for the oldest four and we left the one year old twins at home. We have plans for October 2014, without teenagers but with twins who will be a month shy of 4!!

I can't wait. Though DH and I have a big decision over hotels. We did POR last time and I want to again or AKL and he wants to try out Art of Animation but I think it might suck.

Also, did the dining plan last time and that is a MUST!! Ohanas here we come! ;)

No mistake on your part, just a change on our part. We are looking to go April of 2014. No longer Feb. Even though either time DD will be on vacation we are looking for the better (somewhat) weather in Feb. And also hoping that DD will be off the same # of days for the April vacation that she was this year. 10 count'em 10! Would love to spend all those days at WDW!

No mistake on your part, just a change on our part. We are looking to go April of 2014. No longer Feb. Even though either time DD will be on vacation we are looking for the better (somewhat) weather in Feb. And also hoping that DD will be off the same # of days for the April vacation that she was this year. 10 count'em 10! Would love to spend all those days at WDW!
:) I'll change it when I'm next on the computer. Too fiddly on my iPhone.

10 days will be great. We've done 14 and 22 and definitely the longer the better.

I think maybe we'll aim for 17/18 nights next time. :) Then splitting resorts won't be as big a deal.

If my parents come (which my Mum is saying they definitely will) then we'll start in a 2br with them for a week and then when they leave we'll change down to a normal hotel room or studio.

My parents have stayed at AKL and GF and they loved both. But last top they didn't really get much time in EPCOT or DHS so it makes me tempted to get our 2br at either BWV or BCV. I guess it decides on where we can get availability for. My preference would be BW I think but then we've not stayed at BC and I like to try new places.

Then for our half of the trip on our own if we stay at BW/BC we'll move to AKL or if my Mum and DH win and we start in AKL then we'll move to GF.

Urgh. Why is this all 2 years away?!?

argh its sooooooooooo long even i i do manage to get a 2013 booking thats still ages aswell !!! i have just watched some u tube vids with the kids i want to be there now

as for the actual trip plan /length this changes daily !! will definatley be 2 week onsite then hopefully key west but not sure whether driving all that way then back up for flight is realistic

and we havent even booked this first trip but im already planning the one after lol as soon as my youngest is tal enough for the big rides we will book our original 5 week plan !! shes only 2 so ages away yet :( im more excited about this trip than the first one but decided to do disney before they get too old

I didnt realise youd done a list already :goodvibes

We're going in August and staying at Disneys Contemporary resort (again :rotfl2:)-just hope we can afford it all now. ;)

Missing WDW so much at the moment.

Not sure why, but LOVED seeing my name on the list with the date beside it really made me smile :)
Think that maybe it made it more real seeing it, as in, right theres the date and you are definitely going to WDW then! as ive been struggling with not getting there sooner sooo thanks for taking the time to make the list :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter