At The Aiport Do You Use the OutsideSkycap Bagge handlers...

Wow that sounds great, we flew into Phoenix last December from Austin & rented a car from the airport. It was the most efficient car rental place I’ve ever experienced. We drove to Vegas then flew back to California. We definitely plan to visit again. We loved Sedona & the Grand Canyon!

It's also great when someone is dropping off another at the airport. They can drop them off at a light rail station about 1/2 mile from the airport. They have baggage check there rather than having to drag your luggage to the terminal. Quick and easy and a 5 minute tram ride to the terminal.

Sedona is a lot of fun and very scenic. Next time you are in the area take a drive from there to Jerome. Its a resurrected Ghost town with a ton of old buildings, some restored, some in ruins. Lots of small shops and unique restaurants. While traveling to the Grand Canyon stop for a bit in Williams. It's an old Route 66 town that hasn't changed much since back in the day. Most shops are still lit up in old neon signs. Visit Bearizona drive thru animal park and zoo. Well worth it!

It's also great when someone is dropping off another at the airport. They can drop them off at a light rail station about 1/2 mile from the airport. They have baggage check there rather than having to drag your luggage to the terminal. Quick and easy and a 5 minute tram ride to the terminal.

Sedona is a lot of fun and very scenic. Next time you are in the area take a drive from there to Jerome. Its a resurrected Ghost town with a ton of old buildings, some restored, some in ruins. Lots of small shops and unique restaurants. While traveling to the Grand Canyon stop for a bit in Williams. It's an old Route 66 town that hasn't changed much since back in the day. Most shops are still lit up in old neon signs. Visit Bearizona drive thru animal park and zoo. Well worth it!
Thank You! I'll put those on our list for sure. We want to see all the ancient ruins in Arizona! We drove to Prescott last time as well and had lunch there, walked about the town for an afternoon and did some shopping. It was nice, had a lot of old charm. We were considering it to retire, but we noticed it wasn't quite the place I'd feel safe walking around alone. There was a lot of nonsense going on with the locals that we would like to avoid so we crossed it off the list.
The drive through animal zoo sounds fun!

Thank You! I'll put those on our list for sure. We want to see all the ancient ruins in Arizona! We drove to Prescott last time as well and had lunch there, walked about the town for an afternoon and did some shopping. It was nice, had a lot of old charm. We were considering it to retire, but we noticed it wasn't quite the place I'd feel safe walking around alone. There was a lot of nonsense going on with the locals that we would like to avoid so we crossed it off the list.
The drive through animal zoo sounds fun!

We live about 1 1/2 hours from Prescott. It's a frequent day or weekend trip for us. In the summer months there are arts and craft festivals at the downtown courthouse square/park every few weekends. I have never felt unsafe although it depends on where you are like any town I suppose. Most retirees do not live in Prescott itself but rather Prescott Valley, about 5-10 miles east or in Chino Valley about 10 miles to the north. Both are rather quiet, not touristy. The drive from there up and over Mingus Mtn. to Jerome and on to Sedona is incredible. Very very twisty road but all good and very scenic.

If you take the drive from Flagstaff north on 89 you'll pass Wapatki National Monument. Lots of old Indian ruins there. Some you can walk thru scattered along the road. From there continue north on 89 to Cameron. Famous trading post with lots of interesting finds. Turn left on hwy 64 towards the east entrance to the Grand Canyon. Along the way is the Colorado River gorge. A small but deep canyon of its own. This is where a few years ago a stuntman wire walked across the canyon on TV. Indians sell their jewelry and crafts here. Continue from here on to the Grand Canyon with many vistas before reaching the main village.

We’ve been using them at Philly since my mom can’t walk the long distances and needs a wheelchair. But we’ve gotten used to doing it even when she’s not traveling with us. It has worked out well and we’ve had no issues.

We live about 1 1/2 hours from Prescott. It's a frequent day or weekend trip for us. In the summer months there are arts and craft festivals at the downtown courthouse square/park every few weekends. I have never felt unsafe although it depends on where you are like any town I suppose. Most retirees do not live in Prescott itself but rather Prescott Valley, about 5-10 miles east or in Chino Valley about 10 miles to the north. Both are rather quiet, not touristy. The drive from there up and over Mingus Mtn. to Jerome and on to Sedona is incredible. Very very twisty road but all good and very scenic.

If you take the drive from Flagstaff north on 89 you'll pass Wapatki National Monument. Lots of old Indian ruins there. Some you can walk thru scattered along the road. From there continue north on 89 to Cameron. Famous trading post with lots of interesting finds. Turn left on hwy 64 towards the east entrance to the Grand Canyon. Along the way is the Colorado River gorge. A small but deep canyon of its own. This is where a few years ago a stuntman wire walked across the canyon on TV. Indians sell their jewelry and crafts here. Continue from here on to the Grand Canyon with many vistas before reaching the main village.
Thanks for the info, my DH really liked Prescott so we will be sure to go look at those areas, didn’t do our homework. It will be so exciting to see all you mentioned thank you!

Oh ok
I thought I read we were not supposed to use the he handle that slides in & out of the suitcase.
It’s more visible there though.

There should be another fixed handle on that same side. All my timing luggage has a small handle on the king side and short side, along with the retractable handle on the short side.

I wouldn’t attach any tag to a retractable handle.

Our last trip was the first time using the sky-cap, and I was thinking "where have you been all my life?" He gathered up our bags and ushered us right past an agonizingly long line straight up to the counter! Wow! I'm sold!

There should be another fixed handle on that same side. All my timing luggage has a small handle on the king side and short side, along with the retractable handle on the short side.

I wouldn’t attach any tag to a retractable handle.
Ok, I won’t thank you

When flying with the family out of IAH (Houston) I have used the skycaps. it is nice to open the trunk and have them remove all the bags from the trunk. IAH at Terminal C has a baggage belt outside so they go the same place they would go if you were to bring them inside. I have status with United and can use priority lines inside so if it is just me then I will usually bring my own bag inside but when traveling with the family and we look like the Beverly Hillbillies with a car full of luggage, including car seats, it is a nice luxury to not have to haul bags inside while wrangling grandparents, kids, etc. The IAH skycaps have the big clear bags for the car seats and those things are PITA to lug inside so that alone makes the tip worth it.

At my airport (STL), the Skycap line is normally much longer than the line inside, because there are normally only 2 Skycaps working outside for each airline, but 5-6 agents plus several automated kiosks available inside. For that reason, we normally don't use curbside check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter