At WDW Now - Used GAD Fastpass for Epcot & DHS

That raises a question I have been asking myself while reading this thread.

How will the GAD FP vouchers affect your touring plans?

My DD(8) and I will be there towards the end of June. Not the worst summer crowds yet but definitely crowded. We will each have a voucher and get FP for 2 of the 4 days. I am thinking we will use them a DHS and MK but am wondering how to use that with the touring plan. DD is an TOT and RNR junkie so am guessing we will ride both of those rides many many times.

Any thoughts? advice?

Thanks!!!

Using these instant fastpasses totally changes how someone plans a trip. We will hopefully be doing this in June, and I am totally blown away about the idea that we will have instant fastpasses to get on TSM, TOT, and RnRC.

And since their are four of us, and we are each volunteering, we get fastpasses one day at each park. :dance3:

YES! totally agree. We are going down for a quick 2 day surprise for my sons 7th b-day in June.. (he has no clue).. A Friday and Saturday no less and am sooo going to use 2 of the GAD for Fast Passes those days.. we normally go in Nov, Dec, so we are not use to lines.. yes, I know spoiled.. :lmao: but that's when we like to go and we can while the kids are still little.. I knew the June trip would be torture.. but with the FP.. its money!! :thumbsup2 So worth the cost of the tickets IMO

My DD(8) and I will be there towards the end of June. Not the worst summer crowds yet but definitely crowded. We will each have a voucher and get FP for 2 of the 4 days. I am thinking we will use them a DHS and MK but am wondering how to use that with the touring plan. DD is an TOT and RNR junkie so am guessing we will ride both of those rides many many times.

Any thoughts? advice?

Thanks!!!

I think if you are using the GAD FPs, you should probably consider which rides you want to do that you will not be using the GAD FP for--for instance, in DHS, maybe the Great Movie Ride--and get those out of the way early in the day. Also maybe pick up regular FPs for whatever you want to do that won't be covered by the GAD FPs--so if you want to do 2 rides on RnRC and one on TOT, you might want to get regular FPs for Toy Story Mania, or for a second ride on TOT. And, obviously, be flexible about the GAD FPs. If you are planning to FP something and see that it only has a 10 minute wait time, hop on the standby line and use that FP for something else, or to ride again later.

And, of course, make sure you do your homework on the least crowded days for Epcot and AK, since you won't be using the passes there.

If you use the FP option and UG touring plans, I think that it will cut down on the criss-crossing of the park. Sometimes you are nowhere near a ride and you have to get a FP. Well, now you won't have to walk across the park. You can wait until you get there.

I also agree with the PP. Get the rides done early that don't use FP but can still have a line. In MK, the tea cups come to mind. In DHS, the Great movie ride, in EPCOT, Spaceship Earth, and AK, the 2 big shows; Nemo and FOTLK.

Because we are going in June, I think we will enjoy using these FP and resting during the hottest part of the day back at the resort.

Any thoughts? advice?

Thanks!!!

We are going to WDW and Universal the end of July. We don't usually go in the summer, so we don't usually have to deal with the heat and crowds. Our plan (I think) is to tour MK the same way we always do - starting at rope drop, collecting FPs as soon as we are able, and getting as much done as possible before the heat and crowds come. We will take a break in the afternoon, then come back for MSEP and fireworks. I plan to use the GAD FPs when we come back in the evening (although I will redeem the voucher in the morning). This will allow us to do some rides before the parade, when typically we would have to wait in lines or use any FPs we had collected earlier in the day.

Thanks for the tips!!!

I am planning Epcot and AK on days which are tagged as "less crowded" and will do the early morning rope drop and plan there.

I think I am going to build a touring plan at DHS and MK like I would normally do and save the GAD FPs to go back to the "fun" rides later in the day. In the past the plans have kept me from waiting (even in July!) but when we go back to the good rides later for a 2nd go, the waits are terrible.

I really appreciate the advice -- love the DIS!

can someone please list the e-mail address you used to get a response about the blackout days starting March 29th. I would like to have an e-mail response in my hand with me when I try to get my fast passes during that busy week.

Whew! Just read the whole thread and my mind is a little boggled!:confused: I do have a couple questions/concerns. Our trip will be 3/27-3/31. There are 6 in our party and all have completed GAD and received vouchers.:cheer2: I had read that the vouchers were blacked out starting 3/29 so before reading this thread I was planning to use 3 vouchers for FPs at MK on Sat(3/27) and 3 vouchers for FPs on Sun at DHS. First of all, do they even let you do that? Can we each get 3 special FP cards at each park? Do we need to get back in line each time??

To add to my confusion I read that maybe the FP are not blacked out starting 3/31(could I get that email address too?) so maybe I should use vouchers at each park.

Thanks everyone for your help, this thread is very informative.

Whew! Just read the whole thread and my mind is a little boggled!:confused: I do have a couple questions/concerns. Our trip will be 3/27-3/31. There are 6 in our party and all have completed GAD and received vouchers.:cheer2: I had read that the vouchers were blacked out starting 3/29 so before reading this thread I was planning to use 3 vouchers for FPs at MK on Sat(3/27) and 3 vouchers for FPs on Sun at DHS. First of all, do they even let you do that? Can we each get 3 special FP cards at each park? Do we need to get back in line each time??

To add to my confusion I read that maybe the FP are not blacked out starting 3/31(could I get that email address too?) so maybe I should use vouchers at each park.

Thanks everyone for your help, this thread is very informative.

Unfortunately, the information is still conflicting (no surprise, we're talking about Disney), but we seem to be inching more and more towards options being available during the block-out dates. Unfortunately, we'll likely not know for absolute 100% certainty until the first such date arrives :(

As for getting more than one a day, Some have had success getting two. I don't know if anyone has tried three...you are more than likely going to get a very quizzical look from the CM at least. :)

And man, thatsalotta FPs...

OK, I think I need some help!

We were planning on using our vouchers for an extra day this summer once our AP expires, but now I'm thinking we might try and use it for fastpasses instead during spring break if indeed the blackout dates don't apply.
Can anyone post or PM the email address you used to get confirmation on this? (Thank you!)

So I keep reading after 11:00 AM fastpasses might not be available. Are you guaranteed them before 11? I'm asking because we are arriving the day before Easter and I know it will be very crowded. We have a couple mornings with character breakfasts and I'm not quite sure how early we'll make it to the parks.

Also, I'm correct in that even if the fastpasses are out for say Soarin, we can still use our fastpass card for that ride? So we could actually go later in the day?

The time window is immediate, correct?

Anyone have a list of AK rides?

If we can use these spring break it would be worth skipping an extra day later this summer after our APs expire I think. We have four vouchers so we could actually get one for each of the parks.

Thanks for any help!

So I keep reading after 11:00 AM fastpasses might not be available. Are you guaranteed them before 11? I'm asking because we are arriving the day before Easter and I know it will be very crowded. We have a couple mornings with character breakfasts and I'm not quite sure how early we'll make it to the parks.

In theory, they could run out of them before 11am, as they are apparently only allowing a limited number per day - however, given that on one has ever reported not being able to get them, it means whatever that number is has not been reached.

Disney also reserves the right, even if they have not given out the maximum that day, to simply not give them out after 11am. But again, no one has reported not being able to get them.

Also, I'm correct in that even if the fastpasses are out for say Soarin, we can still use our fastpass card for that ride? So we could actually go later in the day?
Yes. One kiosk will be left open for FPXC-only use, although it seems that often on TSM they don't do that, and you have to ask the CM.

Yes.

From http://www.oinc.net/disney/fastpass.php#GAD:

• Animal Kingdom
    • Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
    • Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

OK, I think I need some help!

We were planning on using our vouchers for an extra day this summer once our AP expires, but now I'm thinking we might try and use it for fastpasses instead during spring break if indeed the blackout dates don't apply.
Can anyone post or PM the email address you used to get confirmation on this? (Thank you!)

I used the "contact us" link on the GAD website. It takes you straight into a fill-in-the-blank form to submit your questions. There's a blank for you to put your contact info. & they will respond via the email address you provide.

If we can use these spring break it would be worth skipping an extra day later this summer after our APs expire I think. We have four vouchers so we could actually get one for each of the parks.

Thanks for any help!

Go to the GAD website and contact them via their link. It usually takes them about 3 days I think.

Thanks doconeill and Annie.

Has everyone reported 3 fastpasses per Donald and Daisy so far? Could they possibly change this to a smaller amount Easter week?
I wonder if I can ask to see the flyer at the will call window before making a decision...

I'm really trying to decide if we should try to use these for fastpasses spring break or as a park ticket to extend our trip one day in the summer after our APs run out. Any thoughts? :confused3

No one has thus far reported anything other than 3 that I have seen, but you can definitely see the sheet before choosing.

Anyone know if there is a will call window for the Give a Day set up at the International Gateway entrance?

Anyone know if there is a will call window for the Give a Day set up at the International Gateway entrance?

There should be no problem. It isn't a special window for just GAD, you simply go to the same will call / ticket booth that handles the other everyday ticketing, so shouldn't be a problem. We will be there in 2 weeks and plan on doing GAD through the IG so will let you know for sure by then :)

Petraman, any chance you can ask the CMs at the window about the blackout days, since it'll be (if I'm doing the math correctly) about a week before the actual dates? And then report back on what they say?

I'm looking at these rides...
MK, definitely worth fastpass for almost everything, Epcot, worth it for Soarin and Test Track, DHS, worth it for TSM, but AK... I'm not so sure it is worth it. Do you guys agree? DH thinks we'd almost be better off using our fourth voucher for a second fastpass day at the MK. :surfweb:

I'm looking at these rides...
MK, definitely worth fastpass for almost everything, Epcot, worth it for Soarin and Test Track, DHS, worth it for TSM, but AK... I'm not so sure it is worth it. Do you guys agree? DH thinks we'd almost be better off using our fourth voucher for a second fastpass day at the MK. :surfweb:

I agree. You can generally hit the E-tickets during a morning EMH pretty easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter