Attention WDW YOMD Winners: When, where and what did you win

When we went last year, we didn't have any YOMD's except a nice man gave us his dream pass for AK as we were walking into the park---a few days ago, when we confirmed our ressies, we were offered to bump up to a moderate from a value for $20 less! I count this as a dream come true even though I think it is not officially---was b/c CBR's main pool is closed....still....:cloud9:

On our first full day in the parks, my DH and I were riding Buzz Light Year about 9:40AM. As we were going through the turnstiles, (there was only a very fast moving line as it was no wait time) there were 3 Dream Team members passing out YOMD lanyards and pins. We are not into the pin trading (although my DH has now started buying some of the pins he likes) but it was still super cool to win something!

We won Dream fastpasses on Oct 16th 2007 around 9:45 at Aladdins carpet ride. i wanted to ride it since we had time to was til the pirate tutorail. then when we got off the ride Aladdin almost ran over DW and asked her if she had seen Abu.What a day.

We got a small wish at Epcot around 11am on May 10th 2008. We were loading onto Soarin', when a cast member asked DD who is her favorite character. "Tinkerbell", said DD. The CM said, "I knew that would be your answer, and I have a very special pin for you. Never give it away, because it can't be bought anywhere."
The CM pulled a Where Dreams Come True tinkerbell pin out of his pocket and gave it to DD. She was thrilled! Even small wishes can make people truly happy.

Last year when we went we didn't get any prizes from the Dream Team but I was offered a free Mickey Bar when I couldn't decide what to get for a snack :)
Hopefully we get something this time!

I am so excited I can post on this thread:goodvibes
I won Dream Fastpasses on 5/9/08 at 10:50ish at AK in the trail next to KS.
AND THEN
I won EARS on 5/9/08 at 11:50ish at AK exiting Triceratop Spin.

While at the AK last August the kids won three Magical Moments. My 2 year old was given two Tink pins when a CM saw him pick up trash and throw it away. This was inside Tusker House.

On the Safari the older kids were asked to spot animals with binoculars. They were given a certificate each for spotting out the animals. They thought it was "so cool!"

Then right before we left that day we were chosen family of the hour on Dinosaur. The kids got to choose a little grab bag prize. We got our own time machine to ride in and another blue certificate.

While visiting in December '06 or maybe January '07 while waiting for Chef Mickey's to call us in the kids were asked to be in a pirate parade. They dressed up like pirates and at the end they were given the certificates and a silver pirate Mickey coin. Very cute!

No certificates but at the MK last August they rode the Goofy Coaster with Goofy and later that same day they rode the teacups with the Mad Hatter! (DD was dressed like Alice too!) These were the most magical moments of all. The kids just loved riding with the characters!

These little things thrilled my crowd! I can't even imagine winning the DVC or a night in the castle. We'd probably all go into shock! This is a great thread ~ if you haven't gotten something yet I'm sending pixie dust your way!!! :tinker:

If I posted this already, my apologies. I've been reading so much about the YOAMD lately. :)

we won ears coming off the barnyard coaster in march this year. It was my niece's first trip to WDW and the Dream Team was waiting for us when we got off the ride. Very cool! I wore mine all day long!

Is the tink pin really a dream? We got a couple from various people, but were offered them ALL the time. But sine we had some already we started declining. But trash sweepers and photopass people always seemed to be giving them out to us.

We won YOAMD lanyards and pins as we were getting on Soarin' Thursday. We were SO excited!

On My Trip We Got an Entire Package!

It was New Years Day, 2008, We Entered the Tower of Terror Library, as the Pre-Show Ended, they awarded us the Prizes We got:

Dream Fastpass
Dream Mickey Ears
Free Ice Cream
Dream Pins
Dream Lanyard

Is the tink pin really a dream? We got a couple from various people, but were offered them ALL the time. But sine we had some already we started declining. But trash sweepers and photopass people always seemed to be giving them out to us.

I guess they would be to most people. The pins my 1 year old was given had two of the same so you could spread the magic by giving one to another person. He just loved giving his extra pin away to a little girl and she really appreciated the gesture.

We would never turn them down, the giver might take that as an unkind gesture. We'd accept and spread the magic to others. That's what Disney is all about. Right? We were at WDW for 17 nights last August and only received them once so you guys were very lucky!

Maybe to be considered a magical moment you have to get the certificate? I'm not sure how that all works. I just know the most magical thing mine enjoyed so far was that tea cup ride w/ the Mad Hatter!

I love that pic in your signature of you DD. It's so cute!

Well we refused in a nice way. DD would tell them flat out she had them already! LOL! But I would say thinks, but we have a few already. I did apologize for DD a few times as she seemed to like to scowl at people this trip. (as you can see form my signature.LOL) She didn't want to smile for anyone taking her picture too this year!

This may have been answered previously in this thread but what do the dream cast members look like? Do they wear a certain color outfit or something?

My DD and I just finished riding primeval whirl in AK and she wanted to go back on since there were no lines. We ran into a dream team member going back on and he gave us 2 rides on Primeval whirl in a row. My DD mentioned to him that we just got off and he replied that she was lucky as she would get to ride it 3 times in a row. She took this as meaning 3 times more and the CM running the ride obliged her. So I had to endure riding it 4 times in a row. This dream was more of a nightmare for my back. Will never go on it again.

We were at Hollywood Studios Sept 20 ,2007. we asked a cast member what time the LMA show started and she asked us if we wanted to sit in the directors chair and start the show. My 10 yr old son is autistic and that was all he wanted to do is see that show. It was great.

dream passes - AK Tricero Top Spin 10 am Nov 07

Mouse ears - Epoct inovations 2;30 pm April 08

Our family of 5 won dream fastpasses at HS on the TOT ride on December 5, 2007 at approx. 10 a.m. We participate in child swap because we have a baby and they were nice enough to send one for my husband who was waiting outside.:goodvibes

My kids had a magical moment. They were chosen to be rope carriers in the Stars and Motor Cars parade. We were chosen about an hour before the parade, we were staking out a spot to watch the parade from, we were at the beginning of the parade route. I lost the certificates that day though! :(

We were also chosen to be grand marshals of the family fun day parade at MK. I was sitting on a bench in tomorrowland with one of my kids and I was approached there. It was about 9:30 am.

I was wondering where and what people have won. Can winners reply in the following format so we can all check it out? Maybe we can figure out "good" places to win!!!.

I won (insert dream) on (insert approximate date/ time ) at (insert location).

I'll start.

I won a dream fastpass on Sept 13 '07, 9:15 am at the exit of Splash Mountian in the Magic Kingdom.

We won a private meet with Cinderella on Sept 16, 2007 on Main St.

We won Safari Family of the Day, mid Sept 2007 at AK, right before rope drop.

We won front of the line pass that could be used as many times that day for EE and Safari for up to 15 people, mid Sept 2007 at the end of the Safari.

We won Splash Family on Sept 19, 2007 (I think) on our way to Splash Mountain. This Dream also came with an 8x10 of us on the ride. :thumbsup2

We won 5 FP each for Splash and BTMRR after getting a private ride on BTMRR after being Splash Family.

We won a whole lot after meeting Dream Team Member Eileen in front of POTC. The Dream included:

DS becoming an official lost boy and front of line for PP

DDs and myself getting to be ISAW Cruise Directors and front of line for IASW

The kids getting to be in Storytime with Belle

Private meeting with the Princesses in ToonTown

An ice cream treat

A private meeting with Captain Jack

A private viewing of the fireworks from the deck of Astro Orbiter pixiedust:

My DD getting to wake Tink even though it was midday

10 FPs for any ride

This was more a magical moment but just as we were getting on the Teacups, Tweedle Dum jumped in the cup with my DD and DS and rode with them- hilarious! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter