Attention WDW YOMD Winners: When, where and what did you win

Hmmmmmm, DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary and I plan on getting the pins for us to wear. Maybe I should wear them every day we are there.

HOWEVER, with that said, I dont think that the concierge was being honest or know what they were talking about. The dream team dont have the power to award just anyone out of the blue. They have to stick to a certain schedule and give out the prizes they are supposed to give out, such as Its a small world, exiting people at 10:30am will get lanyards. They CAN do magic moments, but its never anything huge like an offical YOAMD prize. Its usually just a fast pass or a pin or something simple and small.

Wearing special pins may grant you a better chance for getting a magic moment, but does NOT increase your chances for an official YOAMD prize.

It was during our trip last November. We actually got singled out twice that trip. The first time was on our arrival day. We had gone over to the Animal Kingdom and were touring the Pangani Trail. There was a lull in foot traffic and I had asked a regularly dressed Cast Member to snap our picture. She said she would but we needed to move down the trail a bit. We did and there stood the Dream Team. They gave us Lanyards and snapped our picture.

The second time was two days later and we had just exited the It's a Small World Ride and were headed up the exit ramp when our whole boat was stopped and given Lanyards.

The concierge at our hotel said that if you wore special day buttons (birthday, anniversary, etc) you stood a better chance of getting singled out. It was our anniversary so we were set!

The boyfriend and I won Dream Fastpasses on the Safari at AK in Nov 2007. We had been planning on leaving after the Safari, but decided to stay and enjoy them.

Has anyone with more than four people won the family of the day? My family is going for a week in June, there are 16 of us. It would be so neat to win something we can all share as a family. This will also be my first time at wdw!! I can't wait!!:cool1:

We were just slowing to a stop at the end of riding EE - I was just so happy I was still in one piece - I didn't hear the announcement from a CM when we stopped - the entire train won Dream Fastpasses! The whole ride was clapping and cheering, but I didn't know why. :rotfl2: As I exited, a CM in blue pulled something out of a little duffle bag and handed it to me..."thank you." I kept walking - looked down... I ran back and said, "Is this a dream Fastpass?" "Oh, THANK YOU!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!" She laughed and waved - "you're very welcome - have a magical day!" :cloud9:

Has anyone with more than four people won the family of the day? My family is going for a week in June, there are 16 of us. It would be so neat to win something we can all share as a family. This will also be my first time at wdw!! I can't wait!!:cool1:

If you are talking about the dream suite, I know it only holds a certain amount of people. I am thinking 6.

My family of 3 won dream fastpasses at The Muppets 3D at about 10:30 AM on December 6 at DHS. Everyone (about 30 people) standing in line got them. I was jumping up and down while DH couldn't stop laughing at me and DD4 had no idea what was going on. Her FP was kept nearly intact as she was too small to ride many of the rides on the FP. It made an already wonderful trip even better:)

Im seeing a growing trend here....Dream fast passes getting handed out between 10 and 10:30am.

If you are talking about the dream suite, I know it only holds a certain amount of people. I am thinking 6.

Thank you. I already have a plan all worked out if we win the castle stay. There are 5 girls, we will be staying while the rest go back to the hotel. I am hoping we can win the the family of the day. We may be to big to win anything like that. who knows:confused3 I'll just keep my fingers crossed!:lovestruc

I have not post before, but I have to share this. On April 10, my daughter (age 29), her Dad (my ex) and I were at Epcot. I wanted the Mouse Ears real bad. I never did see them handing them out and thought my chance was gone. Well, a real nice couple (about late 60s) walked up and handed me and my daughter their YOMD ears. I almost cried. I guess it did not hurt that we were in matching Tinker Bell shirts.
:goodvibes
Debbie

Im seeing a growing trend here....Dream fast passes getting handed out between 10 and 10:30am.

I think there is no doubt some "trends" in the prize give-a-way portion of the promotion exist.

The best advice for winning a prize at Disney World? Get to the parks early and experience as many attractions as you possibly can. Some obvious attractions and some not so obvious attractions can have prizes distributed. The one thing I've learned is you will probably get a prize when you least expect it.

Just got back from WDW and won the YOAMD ears at about 10:30 am getting off the Winnie the Pooh ride. We saw the Dream Team as we boarded waiting at the exit and I excitedly said to my dd that someone is going to win something! They gave them to everyone exiting the ride at that time. You woulda thought I won a million dollars b/c in all my times at Disney durint YOAMD, I haven't won anything. I also just missed winning them again around 12:00 at the Mission Control game when you come out of Mission Space. They gave them to everyone that was playing the game before us- we were waiting on line. It was funny to see about 30 people playing all wearing their new hats!

Lorraine

We are just back from WDW too! We won The dream fast passes! We were exiting Big Thunder at about 10:30 AM. (Hmmm that seems to be the magic time!) The DT was at the exit counting us off. We were SO excited and happy to get these!

The next day my DH and cousin and kids were at DHS and they won dream fast passes! They were at the Honey I shrunk the kids playground and I think it was 10:30!

Good luck to all!

:goodvibes

Last Monday, my daughter had just had her face painted outside of Kilamanjaro Safaris when a cast member approached and appointed her "jr warden" He had her greet people coming onto the ride and then walked us to the front of the line to ride the Safaris.

On Wed, my son and I rode Rock and Roller Coaster and as we got off, there were about 15 members of the dream team waiting but not for our "limo". I'd love to find out what someone won. It must have been big because there were so many cast members and they looked very excited.

My husband and youngest also won dream ears crossing the bridge between United Kingdom and France in Epcot.

We have two (I think) dreams. My DS won a pin exiting Muppet-Vision 3D from Joanne and then also our whole family got free fastpasses for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at this same time on April 25! We were really happy we got something!:goodvibes

Last year my family got to be a part of the Year of a Million Dreams! We got our fast passes and had a little extra time on our hands, we went ahead to get on Dinosaur and we got an exclusive ride on Dinosaur in a Time Rover all to ourselfs on our very first day in Disney! I guess the early bird really does get the worm, in this case, the Dinosaur! :goodvibes

It will be interstesting to see what happens this year!

We won a dream hour in Animal Kingdom on Saturday, April 12. We were at Camp Minnie-Mickey in line for Goofy. The dream team girl was at the exit and gave out a bunch. From 7:30PM-8:30PM that night the park was open to only those who had those passes. It was great. No lines. Too bad the safari wasn't open.

On Wednesday 5/7 we won the dream ears walking through Innoventions in Epcot. It was around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Hi, on Friday May 9th my husband and I were at Animal Kingdom. We went on the safari ride sometime before lunch and there were alot of birds crawling under the buses so we had to stop for about 10-15 minutes and wait. When we finally got off the ride we were stopped and all of us on our bus got fast passes to the park. Unfortunately my husband doesn't like roller costers and I already had another fast pass for the safari ride so we handed ours to a young couple that was on their 1st trip to Disney. It was still very exciting to win. Later that day we went to Hollywood Studios and I wanted to make sure we got to Beauty & the Beast in plenty of time to hear 4 for a dollar. We were celebrating our anniversary and had our buttons on. One of the cast members asked if we would like to be the special guests. So we got to celebrate our anniversay by 4 for the dollar serenading us and giving us one of there cds. It was very magical! Then on Saturday when we went to the Laugh Floor and he was (That Guy). So our whole trip was filled with magical dreams. Disney is just the best!

We won dream ears at Innoventions West, Epcot, 5/12 around 2pm. :goodvibes 4 times previously on this trip, the people behind us on a ride had won something from the dream team, so I was convinced I had bad juju when it came to winning. It was very nice to be proven wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter