• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attraction Mishaps/Malfunctions

Hahahaha, gorilla's doing the nasty :) "You see, when two gorillas love each other they..."

This happened at DL, on POTC. The loaded me (pooh, more like polar bear size!), my wife (pooh sized) and my brother (stick...) and 4 "pooh" sized people behind us, the only people in the first two rows. We get to the first drop, with the skull talking, and I'm thinking we're a bit heavy in front and won't go over. I was right. We stopped. I think the CM's were wondering what's up, so they sent a few more boats to try and dislodge us, we moved about 2 inches, but that was it. The skull kept talking, we started to repeat, before we were all turned into zombies, a bright light came on, we were blinded and a CM appeared. They helped us all off (I tried to shrug off the CM taking me by the arm, but he insisted heh), he then led us through a back hall, passed some CM's who looked surprised to see us. I figured we were going to be kicked out, but instead we went through the exit. This time a CM took charge and spread us out, with my brother in front, my wife and I in the back, and the other 4 spread out in in the boat. I kept telling everyone that we're tainted as the fat people who broke pirates :)

darrren pirate:

A few years ago we were riding Splash Mountain when the ride stopped, with us under a small waterfall coming off the side of the mountain. We were doing our best to get out of the way of the water. Finally a CM appeared and turned the water off. He wouldn't let us off the ride though and we waited about 10 minutes for the ride to start moving. My 4 year old DS was with us who was crying the whole time. I thought he would have a hear attack when we finally got to the big drop! He hasn't been on since. We are heading back Friday, hope he will ride now. He is 10 years old now!

In April of 1999 we were on Buzz Light Year and got stuck inside, I forget how many but we got mad amounts of points!!!!! It was soooo much fun being able to shoot at stuff while we were stuck there! I also can recall a long time ago being inside space mountain in line and they had to turn the lights of for something for a minute, that was ODD!

We got stuck under the bridge near the end of POTC for about 20 minutes. WEll, you know how loud the music is, needless to say that song was stuck in our heads for a couple of days.;)

WE got stuck on the Buzz ride also for about 20 minutes, that was too fun:teeth:

We stopped on two rides. TOT, after the last fall, we stopped and sat in the dark for about 6 minutes. Cast memebers pushed us into place for unloading. We were also stuck on Thunder Mountain and had to exit and walk down the track to leave.

Jeff::MickeyMo

I got stuck on Test Track about 2 years ago. As we were loading, they made an announcement, “Ladies and Gentlemen, Test Track is both an indoor and outdoor attraction. It has just begun raining, so you may get wet.” Oh well. We zipped through the ride and made it to the crash test. As we raced toward the wall and the doors opened IT WAS POURING RAIN OUTSIDE!!!! We went down the little hill, through the short straightaway and around the right-hand turn. Just before the big banked left-hand turn THE CAR STOPPED AND JUST SAT THERE!! Reminder – it most definitely is still pouring rain. With the seat belt still on, I managed to pull my poncho out of my backpack and build a sort of tent over me. Probably looked pretty funny, but I was dry. I knew it was not going to be a good thing when I heard and felt the engine of the car completely shut down. There was an announcement made about staying in our cars, which we obeyed. After 5 minutes, a CM walked up the track to assist the car in front of us. They had stopped just past the high banked left-hand turn. About 5 minutes later another CM walked down the track to our car. We all got out and followed him back down the track to a maintenance stairway near the building. (I wondered if we walked past the speed sign, would it say that we were walking at 64.8 mph?) We went past the maintenance garage and went in the CM entrance, right past the time clock and punch cards. Once back in the exit area we all got “Go To The Front of the Line” passes.

LOL!!!!

This is such a great thread!!! I can't think of any "mishaps" to write about , but I sure am having fun reading this!!:hyper:

In Little Mermaid attraction Ariel's fin didn't open at end of show, she had to stand behind it and the fin was covered. She never moved last minute of two of show even though she was suppose to have legs. Worked fine a couple of days later.

Phrank

Originally posted by McCall
Several years ago we were the last riders on POTC one night and at one point as we rounded the bend we were greeted by three guys, two with tools and one taking the clothes off a pirate, they looked startled, then broke out in "Yo ho, Yo ho a pirates life for me"

ROFLMAO! That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Ali

Last trip we were on The Great Movie Ride, and at the end of the ride where they show all the movie clips the audio worked, but not the video, so we just listened to the audio portion of the clips in the dark. It was actually pretty cool!

These are pretty funny. I have a couple DL ones--Right after Fantasmic on Tuesday, I basically turned around to go on POTC. I get to the front of the building and no one's going in. Finally there's an announcement that they're having technical difficulties, but to just wait a few moments because they'd be back up soon. A few minutes later a CM comes out to let people in and told us that the reason was not a breakdown, but that people got off their boat in the middle of the ride. I'm thinking "why would they do that?" To me, I'm not getting my feet wet for pirates unless said pirates happen to be either Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp. Also, same day, I was on the last car on Indy--instead of getting off in the loading area, though, they took us off just behind it--made for a bigger step down. And I can't tell you how many times HM has stopped on me (those playful spooks interrupting our tour). I've been told most of the stops are for handicapped passengers getting on and off.

My husband and son were on Splash Mountain, when the ride stopped. However, the waterfall they were stuck under didn't stop. They were stuck under the waterfall for almost 15 minutes until the water was turned off and then had to wait another 15 minutes for the ride to start up again. They were absolutely soaked and, since this was in February, pretty cold for the next while. I thought Disney could have at least provided dry t-shirts for the people under the waterfall.

We've gotten stuck a few times but one of our favorite memories involves the very merry Christmas party and the Jungle Cruise. We decided to ride Jungle Cruise and ended up being the only family on the boat and had great fun with the captain who ad libbed a bit more than normal. We also came up to another boat parked the opposite way with the captain draped across the front of the boat. It was near the waterfall but before we saw the backside of water. Our captain tried to stay in caracter but kept cracking up. Guess it didn't help that we were shouting out our own bad jokes. Things degenerated from there. Best ride we ever had!

Just got back from 5 days at Disney on Friday. It seemed to me that there were a lot of "malfunctions" happening to us...more so than usual!

1. We were so excited to go and see Hall of Presidents on Monday June 28th. It was the first thing we did at MK (we had passes to E-ride Night, so were saving the big rides for that). Well, it had started to rain, thunder and lightening, but we were not worried one bit about that. Half way through the movie part of HOP, the projector stopped and started to sort of melt the picture/film that was in the projector! Everyone around was going "AHHHHH" in sort of an Uh Oh way. They said something about lightening hitting and that was what made the picture stop. We went back for it later in the day, and had no problems and the film was just fine.

2. While riding POTC after HOP, DH decided he would video the ride and turned on his light for a split second to capture the skeleton steering the boat. All of a sudden, a voice from above comes on and says "Please turn the camera light off" it was soo funny, cause he was alredy turning it off. A little later in the ride, another voice came on telling everyone to keep their hands in the boat. 2 voices from up above that ride!

3. At Epcot, Universe of Engery was closed down in the morning while we were there for technical difficulties. When we were in line for Test Track, there was about 5 minutes when the ride was stopped due to technical difficulities.

Needless to say, we ran into a few silly malfunctions on our trip! There were a few more, but I cannot recall them now. THis was a great thread...I can't wait to hear more!

Korey

Got stuck in COP several years ago -- had to view the same scene over and over and over.

the door got stuck on Star Tours at MGM and when it opened we got a second ride,good thing i was in the rowdy car with Star Wars junkies who knew all the lines so it was a blast

Yesterday afternoon I had to chuckle on The Great Movie Ride.
In the pyramid stopping portion, where the gangster runs up to grab the jeweled eye, the CMs must have been in a hurry. ;) I could see one taking off the robe. :jester:

My DH and I got stuck on Space mountain in Dec 2000!! The lights came on but the ride continued, it was scary as we thought we were going to hit our heads on the framework!! We were only stuck for approx 5mins but my DD and cousin were a few cars back and got stuck for 20 mins!:teeth:

Jockey-

This is my story also!!! On our honeymoon 13 years ago. It was my first trip to WDW. I rode SM for the first time. I was in the first seat. Halfway through the ride, the ride stopped and the lights came on. I freaked. When I could see how close all the tracks are to the other tracks and how close our heads were to the tracks above us, I thought for sure the headlines the next day would read, "Honeymoon Couple Lose Heads at WDW". I have never been able to ride SM since. And no matter my dire warnings, all my friends and family continue to insist on riding it anyway. You can find me at the popcorn stand just outside the SM courtyard!

We were on Pirates once when it broke down. We were moving along fine and then we saw the boats up ahead all stopped. We hit the boat ahead of us (slowly, it's not like this goes fast), and then we got stuck, too. After 3 or 4 minutes of constant "Yo Ho-ing" from the same pirates, the lights came on and the sounds went off. All the pirates were still moving, though. We must have sat for something like 10 minutes with the announcement going something like "Please stay seated" every 30 seconds. The other people in the boat with us were getting a little irritated, but we were happy to experience something new (we filmed it). Soon, two guys wearing overalls were in the water, pushing our boat backwards towards an exit door (one of them was wearing a tie and collared shirt!). They helped us out of the boat and then we got to walk behind the attraction building (dumpsters never looked so cool) and out a door that said employees only.

Looking back on it, it's probably pretty dull, but it added something different and unique to that Disney trip!

RyMickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter