August 16, 2011, Disney Dream - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to tell you all...At 6 am I checked SW and the one way flight from MCO to NY was $292 one way....Checked again at 8:30 am before I was going to leave for work and waaalaaa a whopping $124 one way...GUESS WHAT??? I BOOKED I can't believe it, I waited it out and I won the standoff :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Forgot to tell you all...At 6 am I checked SW and the one way flight from MCO to NY was $292 one way....Checked again at 8:30 am before I was going to leave for work and waaalaaa a whopping $124 one way...GUESS WHAT??? I BOOKED I can't believe it, I waited it out and I won the standoff :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

That's a great deal!

I guess that ... :rotfl2: ALL OUR CRUISE FELLOWS will arrive VERY EARLY !!!
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

There will be a huge DIS crowd !!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

laura :cheer2:

I wish I could arrive early, but since I'm on my own Disney transportation seems to be the best way to go at this point. Renting a car seems like such a hassle and a town car for one person is just too expensive. So I'll be arriving later on the bus. On the bright side, I'm hoping the crowds will have died down, but the down side is that I really wanted to try and get Palo brunch. I am looking forward to meeting all of you though!

Melissa

I wish I could arrive early, but since I'm on my own Disney transportation seems to be the best way to go at this point. Renting a car seems like such a hassle and a town car for one person is just too expensive. So I'll be arriving later on the bus. On the bright side, I'm hoping the crowds will have died down, but the down side is that I really wanted to try and get Palo brunch. I am looking forward to meeting all of you though!

Melissa

I think that someone posted this : IF YOU GET A VERY EARLY DISNEY BUS :thumbsup2 you could arrive to port around 11.30 or so :woohoo:
and :dance3: you could catch some of us ... ;) still waiting to board !!!!

just TRY !!! :wizard: PD your way !!! laura :goodvibes

Laura, I found this on the Disney Cruise website about the dress up night:
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

:goodvibes:goodvibes I see ! My DGH would NOT want to wear a jacket :rolleyes: ..... you know , we'll be staying at WDW first - where you do not need ;) to dress up ....... and I am not sure about packing-getting around two continents :rotfl2: a jacket DGH will wear just once :confused3...

but I'll have to think about it ...
:rolleyes1 I will be wearing a "something black" dress , I guess ...

:headache: Decisions...decisions ... :lmao:

Good Evening Everyone,

Printed off the cutest Disney Countdown chain. 100 days!!

If anyone wants the chain send me an email and I will forward it onto you!!:):thumbsup2

Congrats, that is really great timing!

WOW!!! Congrats!!!

I'm waiting for our return flights to drop, I keep checking!

Ds took the first link off our 100 link countdown chain today! :cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

We didn't go all fancy w/ it...it is just simple construction paper.

Dd was jealous that ds got to take the first one off. ...sigh

WOW!!! Congrats!!!

I'm waiting for our return flights to drop, I keep checking!
Where are you flying to? Keep looking it will happen ours was $292 and it went to $124 now it's $159

Ds took the first link off our 100 link countdown chain today! :cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

We didn't go all fancy w/ it...it is just simple construction paper.

Dd was jealous that ds got to take the first one off. ...sigh

Sounds like you are going to have a "who sleeps in the top bunk first issue" LOL

Good Evening Everyone,

Printed off the cutest Disney Countdown chain. 100 days!!

If anyone wants the chain send me an email and I will forward it onto you!!:):thumbsup2

I PMed you with my email address! :thumbsup2

So, as we are (slowwwwwly) approaching 90 days, I am on and off about whether or not we should go to Remy. On one hand, I'd really like the experience, but on the other hand, I can be a picky eater sometimes. Plus $75 per person is nothing to laugh at, but then again, it's probably WAY less expensive than a similar experience on land. And since I'm thinking about canceling our dinner reservations at WDW (in the interest of time, since we'll only have two and a half days), we could use the money allotted for that to go to Remy. I am totally undecided. A few of you have been to Remy, right? What do you think of my conundrum? :confused:

So, as we are (slowwwwwly) approaching 90 days, I am on and off about whether or not we should go to Remy. On one hand, I'd really like the experience, but on the other hand, I can be a picky eater sometimes. Plus $75 per person is nothing to laugh at, but then again, it's probably WAY less expensive than a similar experience on land. And since I'm thinking about canceling our dinner reservations at WDW (in the interest of time, since we'll only have two and a half days), we could use the money allotted for that to go to Remy. I am totally undecided. A few of you have been to Remy, right? What do you think of my conundrum? :confused:

Hi Amanda,

I'm really on the fence about Remy's also! This year we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary so I did book it but I'm not sure I'm going to keep the ressie. DH is allergic to shellfish, not sure what will be offered as a substitution if any.

Mary

We did Remy March 12th. Wife agrees it was the nicest dining experience we ever had to date. Period.

Hello ALL!!! Are we really coming up on 100 days???!?!?! AAAaaacccKKK!!!
I've been watching SW too for the price drop and was able to switch our departure from 8 am 8/26 to 4:30pm 8/27 for less than we had before!!! (I booked ours at $145) So that means TWO nights at the Poly post-cruise!!! WoooHOOOOOO!!!!
Now to decide on 1-night pre-cruise....
I was originally leaning towards the Hyatt, but was thinking that if we went with Disney all the way, we wouldn't have to handle our luggage at all (Islip to DME to our Resort Room to DCL to our stateroom back to our resort room --i heard DCL is now transferring luggage for WDW resorts straight from the boat?-- can anyone confirm this? -- then RAC back to Islip) -- Not looking to rent a car as DBF, who is a communications IT Engineer and drives ALL day ALL over the Tri-State area, wouldn't have to drive at all-- so was thinking of just doing the one night at a value or mod instead. And since we're doing B2B, i'm not all that concerned about being at port to hurry up and wait.
So, I was reading conflicting reports about DCL check-in at the resorts does anyone know if ALL resorts have a possible DCL check-in or just some?
Any suggestions for night one - low key - no parks...?

If anyone is interested in designing a custom pillow case with photos to have signed on the cruise, Artscow has a special going on until 5/10/11. If you are not familiar with the site, they are an on line photo prints/gifts site located in Hong Kong. I have ordered from them many times, and for the price I find most items to be pretty good quality. I have never ordered their pillow cases so I cant speak about the quality of them, but the sale price is $12 for 2 shipped, so I figured I would give them a try. The designing feature on the site is a little hard to get used to, but once you get the hang of it you can make some pretty decent designs to add to your pictures. Here is the link:
http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/pillow-case/pillow-case-412
And the coupon code is BED2FOR12 which expires on 5/10/11. Also, you can make 2 different designs for the $12 (it is not 2 copies of the same pillow case).
Shipping can take a few weeks since these come from Hong Kong.

Just figured I would share this info with you all.

One last thing, I think the coupon code may be good for the rectangle pillows only, not the square ones.

If anyone is interested in designing a custom pillow case with photos to have signed on the cruise, Artscow has a special going on until 5/10/11. If you are not familiar with the site, they are an on line photo prints/gifts site located in Hong Kong. I have ordered from them many times, and for the price I find most items to be pretty good quality. I have never ordered their pillow cases so I cant speak about the quality of them, but the sale price is $12 for 2 shipped, so I figured I would give them a try. The designing feature on the site is a little hard to get used to, but once you get the hang of it you can make some pretty decent designs to add to your pictures. Here is the link:
http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/pillow-case/pillow-case-412
And the coupon code is BED2FOR12 which expires on 5/10/11. Also, you can make 2 different designs for the $12 (it is not 2 copies of the same pillow case).
Shipping can take a few weeks since these come from Hong Kong.

Just figured I would share this info with you all.

One last thing, I think the coupon code may be good for the rectangle pillows only, not the square ones.

WOW !! that's a great idea !!! THANKYOU !!!
We had pillow cases signed by characters some years ago !! we just had white linen pillow cases , signed using BIG markers with two bright colours !!! Really pretty !!!

I remember bringing our pillow cases to Guest Services on the second day -
and collecting them a couple of days later ... Some signatures , like Pluto's paw, are sooo cute !!!

:woohoo: laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter