August 16, 2011, Disney Dream - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! If you had not posted about it then I would not have even checked. I can't believe I now have $360.00. When I was speaking with SW they said $323.00 but the email and my SW account says $360.00 I'll take it!! Thanks, again!!

That is a ton of money to save on airfare, imagine, that is a R/T ticket for another flight on another vacation! Good for you!!!

AWESOME!!!!! Makes me really want to fly. We are planning on driving since we are going to go to Universal before the cruise. I'm also trying to convince the guys to go to Disney for a day or two!:)
I printed out my countdown chain today!!! Woohoo!! Let the countdown begin!!!:dance3::banana::banana:

Did you love the countdown chain??

That is a ton of money to save on airfare, imagine, that is a R/T ticket for another flight on another vacation! Good for you!!!

I will definately be applying the credit when I book my April Vacation for next year!!:thumbsup2:)

Good Evening,

Thanks, for the heads-up for SW!! Our flights have gone down again for the second time. We now have a SW credit of $232.00!! YEAH!!:cool1::thumbsup2:banana::woohoo:I will be using this credit when I book April Vacation for next school year since the flights are soo VERY expensive then!!

Going to order the pillowcases now. I have ordered from them before and their products are GREAT!!

What does everyone have planned for Mother's Day??

Kristen,
Congrats on the savings. $360 is awesome!!

Mothers Day Weekend: On Saturday I'm having our moms and Jim's grandma over for brunch.

Sunday: My DS has a State Cup game in Farmington so I told them I wanted to go to Rainforest for a late lunch. I just got an email this week with a $10 gift certificate from them.

MOMS Enjoy the weekend:flower3:
Gina

Kristen,
Congrats on the savings. $360 is awesome!!

Mothers Day Weekend: On Saturday I'm having our moms and Jim's grandma over for brunch.

Sunday: My DS has a State Cup game in Farmington so I told them I wanted to go to Rainforest for a late lunch. I just got an email this week with a $10 gift certificate from them.

MOMS Enjoy the weekend:flower3:
Gina

Thanks,

Where in Farmington? That is where I grew up!!

Enjoy, your brunch what are you having to eat??

Wow, two pages since I last read the thread earlier today!

Kristen, it's so awesome that you saved so much money! And the countdown chain is adorable, I love it! :goodvibes

Mom, they don't just serve shellfish at Remy. In fact, I only see two things with shellfish on the whole menu (the lobster and crab). Here's the menu:
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Remy_Menu.pdf

From what I understand (Frank can probably confirm since he's been), you can either choose the "Saveur" menu or the "Gout" menu, or you can mix and match between menus.

SW, just emailed me confirmation and my credit says it is $360.00!! YEAH, Thanks, again for the heads-up about the flights.

I just ordered the pillowcases too they are very cute. I had a cute logo of Mickey drawing in the sand on CC and below it says Dream'in of Castaway Cay!!!!!! So cute!!

WOW !!!That's a lot of saved money !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Your pillow cases look VERY BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they a surprise for the girls ? :love:

What does everyone have planned for Mother's Day??

We are walking in Philly's Race for the Cure. I've participated every Mother's Day since 1995!

My mom passed away in 1992 after battling breast cancer for 10 years. I started out volunteering in '95 as a way to deal w/ Mother's Day. As time went by it got easier to deal with but it is a great way to honor my mom and do something good. Dh and I started walking in 1997, I walked it pregnant in both 2001 and 2005...and my kids do it every year now too! That included carriers, strollers and wagons for a while...but it is all good! :thumbsup2

Next year will be 20yrs since we lost mom to the battle and I am gearing up to do the Susan G Komen 3 Day here in Philly to mark it. I will need to do a bit of training, but it is worth it!

Not sure how we are going to spend the rest of the day. Maybe the kids will surprise me! :hippie:

Mother's Day: DH will be in Europe on business travel so the twins and I will go to church, stop for a fun lunch someplace, and then head over to a rescheduled first grader soccer match. I know they've made me something "homemade" out of a board they broke in two at a karate birthday party so will act very surprised when I open it!:):)

Beth

:goodvibes WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND everyone !!! :goodvibes

Our cruise is one week ;) closer now !!!!
:dance3::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::dance3::cheer2:

mickeys_dreamers_i00002c.gif

Many many wishes to Christine , Beth and each of the WONDERFUL MOMS on our thread !!!

mothers-day-card1.jpg

We'll be spending Mother's day with my dear MIL : she cannot walk much ...so we will stay at her's all day long , I'll cook a nice meal while Marco will explain her how to use the new TV set we are gifting her !!! Lately there are so many new programs in Italy ...it's a bit tricky ... but at the end she will be delighted - as she spends lots of hours watching TV or listening to music programs !!!

Have a beautiful Mother's day all of you !!!!! :grouphug: laura

Mother's Day: DH will be in Europe on business travel so the twins and I will go to church, stop for a fun lunch someplace, and then head over to a rescheduled first grader soccer match. I know they've made me something "homemade" out of a board they broke in two at a karate birthday party so will act very surprised when I open it!:):)

Beth

I'm sure you will love that SURPRISE the twins made for you !!! Have a wonderful day !!

WHERE in Europe will your DH be ?

laura :wave:

We are walking in Philly's Race for the Cure. I've participated every Mother's Day since 1995!

My mom passed away in 1992 after battling breast cancer for 10 years. I started out volunteering in '95 as a way to deal w/ Mother's Day. As time went by it got easier to deal with but it is a great way to honor my mom and do something good. Dh and I started walking in 1997, I walked it pregnant in both 2001 and 2005...and my kids do it every year now too! That included carriers, strollers and wagons for a while...but it is all good! :thumbsup2

Next year will be 20yrs since we lost mom to the battle and I am gearing up to do the Susan G Komen 3 Day here in Philly to mark it. I will need to do a bit of training, but it is worth it!

Not sure how we are going to spend the rest of the day. Maybe the kids will surprise me! :hippie:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: to a wonderful daughter and Mom !!!!

WOW !!!That's a lot of saved money !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Your pillow cases look VERY BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they a surprise for the girls ? :love:

I think I will keep them a surprise and have Mickey Mouse sign them and then give them to sleep on the last night of the cruise!!

I am sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had breast cancer and we used to do the walk too, until one mother's day I was in the hospital with a collapased lung. What a nice way to honor your mom and get your family involved as well!!

:goodvibes:)Your mom would be soo proud!!:):goodvibes

Universal Discounts!!

I just received an email from Loews with a Summer of Loews special going on. The week before the cruise rates were $269 at Royal Pacifica, the week of the cruise they dropped to $219 (I started booking a room for 8.16 and then realized I needed the week before, I'd be on the Dream on the 16th!)

I don't think you need a special code, just click on the Summer of Loews promo on the list on left when making a reservation.

All three hotels are offered, Royal Pacifica is the least expensive of the three.

From what I understand (Frank can probably confirm since he's been), you can either choose the "Saveur" menu or the "Gout" menu, or you can mix and match between menus.

My experience on March 12th was that we could do one of the tasting menus or pick any of the dishes a la carte. Someone posted that on March 27 they were with a group of 8 and had their choices very limited. Not sure what that was about.

This thread has been very busy this week! I had to go back about 6 pages!! The Hilton pool/beach thing looks good, we may be interested in that over the Blue Lagoon Beach day.

I have had a busy week. My little guys Communion is today! :cool1: so I spent all week cleaning, making choclate lollipops, shopping for everything for his party! Well the weather is looking good for today, so far! and the party should be fun!

Last night, I went with some friends to see Bon Jovi! It was a much needed girls night out!! :woohoo::woohoo: He was Awesome!!

I can't believe we are down to double digits!! Kristen, great job on the SW savings!! I keep looking and thinking about flying, but it will still work out to be a few hundred dollars more, and that money can go towards our bar bill!

I have a busy day ahead! Happy Mothers to all the mothers out there! I hope you all enjoy it! and no :laundy: allowed!!

Made our final payment today. :banana: It is finally seeming real. :woohoo:

Now, I have to wait until the 18th for online check-in. I am also worried about what arrival times will be left by then! I really don't want us to get an arrival time of noon or something. :sad2:

Congrats on making your final payment. I plan on making my finap payment today. Like you, I have to wait until the 18th. If I get a late arrival time, I am still going to arrive at the port early and see what boarding number I get.

Latest I've heard is that they've been giving boarding numbers when you arrive, regardless of your check-in time (which is the way it should be IMO!). I want to get there early even if we get a later check-in time.
I agree. Give me a boarding number when I actually arrive. I hope DCL continues doing that.

What a wonderful way to honor your mom. Good luck with the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter